Forums

Partyhats on Treasure Hunter!!

Quick find code: 366-367-431-66062777

of 26
Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 20,545Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I suggested in another thread about bring in a diamond category where diamond can only be won a few times a year overall, in this category a phat could fit in. As the chances of winning a phat would be pretty much nil. As a diamond can only come up a few plus times a year for the whole of RS, not an individual person and since there are other prizes on this category it would be extremely rare.

Dong U Dead said:
Maybe in TH bring in a Diamond category where stuff such weapons, armour and other miscellaneous items that may cause devaluation in-game can only be won say a few times year overall <- doing this will stop items devaluing.
~~~Short Stories~~~
Quick find code: 49-50-834-66087549
Written by me :P :D

12-Feb-2019 22:20:05 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2019 22:23:31 by Dong U Dead

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,087Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said:
I suggested in another thread about bring in a diamond category where diamond can only be won a few times a year overall, in this category a phat could fit in. As the chances of winning a phat would be pretty much nil. As a diamond can only come up a few plus times a year for the whole of RS, not an individual person and since there are other prizes on this category it would be extremely rare.

Dong U Dead said:
Maybe in TH bring in a Diamond category where stuff such weapons, armour and other miscellaneous items that may cause devaluation in-game can only be won say a few times year overall <- doing this will stop items devaluing.

This would create a lose-lose dilemma; if the category, let alone the prize (partyhat) in it, is so insanely rare, it won't make the slightest of difference to satisfying those who want to get the partyhat, since almost all of them will remain without. All the while you devalue the historical value of already existing partyhats, since new copies would enter to the market and get confused with the old copies, resulting in all copies being treated as new.

Of course, you could mitigate that by keeping existing partyhat colors discontinued, but if you were to release new colors for example, why would you be dumb enough to want them to be placed on a predatory gambling simulator? Not only do you risk never getting one yourself, but it'd be far more satisfying to earn one via actual gameplay.
The Runescape Witcher
|| Arclight for demons | Ghrazi rapier for humans and monsters

12-Feb-2019 23:18:24

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 20,545Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
Dong U Dead said:
I suggested in another thread about bring in a diamond category where diamond can only be won a few times a year overall, in this category a phat could fit in. As the chances of winning a phat would be pretty much nil. As a diamond can only come up a few plus times a year for the whole of RS, not an individual person and since there are other prizes on this category it would be extremely rare.

Dong U Dead said:
Maybe in TH bring in a Diamond category where stuff such weapons, armour and other miscellaneous items that may cause devaluation in-game can only be won say a few times year overall <- doing this will stop items devaluing.

This would create a lose-lose dilemma; if the category, let alone the prize (partyhat) in it, is so insanely rare, it won't make the slightest of difference to satisfying those who want to get the partyhat, since almost all of them will remain without. All the while you devalue the historical value of already existing partyhats, since new copies would enter to the market and get confused with the old copies, resulting in all copies being treated as new.

Of course, you could mitigate that by keeping existing partyhat colors discontinued, but if you were to release new colors for example, why would you be dumb enough to want them to be placed on a predatory gambling simulator? Not only do you risk never getting one yourself, but it'd be far more satisfying to earn one via actual gameplay.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but like the Hazelmere ring it lost it's worth because to many people got it, Jagex allowed what was suppose to be an extreme rare, become a rare. My suggestion is just to try and stop items of devaluing but still giving those a chance of obtaining it :)
~~~Short Stories~~~
Quick find code: 49-50-834-66087549
Written by me :P :D

12-Feb-2019 23:46:46

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 817Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said:
Blackwing said:
Dong U Dead said:
I suggested in another thread about bring in a diamond category where diamond can only be won a few times a year overall, in this category a phat could fit in. As the chances of winning a phat would be pretty much nil. As a diamond can only come up a few plus times a year for the whole of RS, not an individual person and since there are other prizes on this category it would be extremely rare.

Dong U Dead said:
Maybe in TH bring in a Diamond category where stuff such weapons, armour and other miscellaneous items that may cause devaluation in-game can only be won say a few times year overall <- doing this will stop items devaluing.

This would create a lose-lose dilemma; if the category, let alone the prize (partyhat) in it, is so insanely rare, it won't make the slightest of difference to satisfying those who want to get the partyhat, since almost all of them will remain without. All the while you devalue the historical value of already existing partyhats, since new copies would enter to the market and get confused with the old copies, resulting in all copies being treated as new.

Of course, you could mitigate that by keeping existing partyhat colors discontinued, but if you were to release new colors for example, why would you be dumb enough to want them to be placed on a predatory gambling simulator? Not only do you risk never getting one yourself, but it'd be far more satisfying to earn one via actual gameplay.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but like the Hazelmere ring it lost it's worth because to many people got it, Jagex allowed what was suppose to be an extreme rare, become a rare. My suggestion is just to try and stop items of devaluing but still giving those a chance of obtaining it :)


Yah and make 200M prize rare
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

13-Feb-2019 00:07:51

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 817Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said:
Doorknob747 stated:
Yah and make 200M prize rare


It's already rare!

I thought it was purple "very rare".
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

13-Feb-2019 00:42:22

FatDumb

FatDumb

Posts: 47Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Kalea Sprite said:
A comp cape isn't a cosmetic item!


Yes, yes it is.

You can use a keepsake key on it and make it cosmetic.Kalea Sprite said:
Honestly, the comp cape has stats and you need to do quests and stuff! A new player with no stats or quests can't even wear the comp cape!!! lamooo


Just like a new player cant/shouldnt be allowed to wear a phat lmaooo.


A new player most certainly can wear a phat. What sources do you have saying otherwise? I could make a new account right now, and without leveling a skill or doing a quest, equip a phat on it.

Comp cape is cosmetic because the keepsaked version is cosmetic? You know you can keepsake basically anything you can equip right? Scythe? Cosmetic. SGB? Cosmetic. SOS? Cosmetic.

When your arguments are that bad, it might be time to switch sides.

13-Feb-2019 08:04:54

Kalea Sprite
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Kalea Sprite

Posts: 1,491Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FatDumb said:
Draco Burnz said:
Kalea Sprite said:
A comp cape isn't a cosmetic item!


Yes, yes it is.

You can use a keepsake key on it and make it cosmetic.Kalea Sprite said:
Honestly, the comp cape has stats and you need to do quests and stuff! A new player with no stats or quests can't even wear the comp cape!!! lamooo


Just like a new player cant/shouldnt be allowed to wear a phat lmaooo.


A new player most certainly can wear a phat. What sources do you have saying otherwise? I could make a new account right now, and without leveling a skill or doing a quest, equip a phat on it.

Comp cape is cosmetic because the keepsaked version is cosmetic? You know you can keepsake basically anything you can equip right? Scythe? Cosmetic. SGB? Cosmetic. SOS? Cosmetic.

When your arguments are that bad, it might be time to switch sides.


He's actually posted a thread in favor of Partyhats on Solomon's Store which pretty much achieves the similar goal of sharing the Partyhats with everyone, clearly I'm in favor of both of these ideas it would be awesome to see Partyhats on Solomon's as well as on Treasure Hunter as well as maybe a holiday event and stuff! :D

Dong U Dead said:
I suggested in another thread about bring in a diamond category where diamond can only be won a few times a year overall, in this category a phat could fit in.


While I'm in favor of releasing an infinite amount of Partyhats for everyone to collect in massive quantities, I'm also open to interesting suggestions such as the one you suggest, it's possible that Jagex will eventually develop a cool way to release the Partyhats again inspired by all of these ideas! Keep those ideas coming! :D

Support for Partyhats on Treasure Hunter! :D

WOO-HOO! And bumparoo too! :D :D :D
Something interesting might happen if the RNG goddess is venerated.

07-Mar-2019 07:15:03

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 60,413Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FatDumb said:
A new player most certainly can wear a phat. What sources do you have saying otherwise? I could make a new account right now, and without leveling a skill or doing a quest, equip a phat on it.


Only if said players main or friend has one, otherwise no they cant as they wouldnt be able to afford it.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

07-Mar-2019 20:46:10 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2019 20:46:20 by Draco Burnz

Quick find code: 366-367-431-66062777Back to Top