Forums

Legacy Elite DungeonsThread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-583-66088949

of 18
Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,830Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
KijinSeija said:
"Agreed. Legacy being around is a testament to EoC being a failure. If Jagex was so confident in EoC, they should just remove legacy instead of letting a half-functional combat system get left in the code."

Here miu says legacy is better than eoc and eoc is a failure. I agree. It is true also Jagex is not confident in EOC which is why they have legacy. This poster even admits that is the case. Though he may have insulted legacy 'half-functional' he knows eoc is even worse.
I never said legacy is better than EoC. EoC is bad. Legacy is even worse and is a product of Jagex having so little faith in EoC that they maintained a second combat "mode" (if you can even call it that) in a desperate attempt to keep players from leaving. Momentum 2.0

KijinSeija said:
Then the contradiction:

"Keeping legacy around just invites its small userbase to complain whenever something can't be completed with little to no effort using legacy mode.

Time for a cleanup IMO. Legacy mode isn't easy mode, and it isn't going to be easy mode for elite dungeons either."

If the poster knows eoc is inferior to legacy as he puts it before, why does he want the superior (legacy) removed? Thats why i was confused. It doesnt make sense
You are indeed confused, but there's no contradiction. You just misinterpreted my post, and, deliberately or not, asserted things that I never claimed.


To make it simple for you: If Jagex was confident in EoC, they wouldn't have had to implement legacy mode in the first place. If Jagex was confident in EoC, momentum would have never been an option. EoC sucks. Legacy sucks even more.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

17-Mar-2019 21:49:21 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2019 21:51:36 by Miu

Aqua Star

Aqua Star

Posts: 1,891Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Aqua Star said:
I'm not asking for legacy any more. I gave Evolution of shit a chance with that. I'm just going to say give us the old combat system. Easier and superior. We can just get rid of all this eoc crap and trolls.


You do have the "old system" thats exactly what lolgacy is.

Also one you're one to talk about being a troll ;)


Legacy is nothing like the old system and I am one to talk about trolls as I am not a troll and people who call me a troll are just filth.
Now what's an unfun environment when you talk to people and see nonsense being said and stuff like that

17-Mar-2019 22:46:06

Aqua Star

Aqua Star

Posts: 1,891Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Rey Ray said:
You can easily look up what ability's to use from the Wiki as guidance.

No support.


or just beyond dumb
Now what's an unfun environment when you talk to people and see nonsense being said and stuff like that

17-Mar-2019 22:46:35

Aqua Star

Aqua Star

Posts: 1,891Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Vaseth said:
tbh there are about 20-40 players in the whole of rs who want eoc removed any more, and everyone of them comes to cry and scream and stamp their feet on the forums, because thats the kind of people legacy players are, so its not surprising they think there is actually a lot of people who want it back lol


Couldnt agree more :/


Couldn't agree more with people wanting legacy back, when legacy hasn't gone anywhere. Could be troll or beyond dumb.
Now what's an unfun environment when you talk to people and see nonsense being said and stuff like that

17-Mar-2019 22:48:42

KijinSeija

KijinSeija

Posts: 720Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aqua Star said:
Mr Rey Ray said:
You can easily look up what ability's to use from the Wiki as guidance.

No support.


or just beyond dumb


Exactly

Why play to other peoples expectations.

Why have to look up sheepwiki to copy others.

Old combat didnt require sheeping with other players.

It had more variety - useful spells, useful prayers and useful special attacks.

You had to use your brains back then by figuring out which special attack is best for certain
situations.
~ The way you reject is the way that I choose
Since I know it will drive you insane! ~
- Master of Reverse Ideology

17-Mar-2019 23:37:49

KijinSeija

KijinSeija

Posts: 720Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
KijinSeija said:
"Agreed. Legacy being around is a testament to EoC being a failure. If Jagex was so confident in EoC, they should just remove legacy instead of letting a half-functional combat system get left in the code."

Here miu says legacy is better than eoc and eoc is a failure. I agree. It is true also Jagex is not confident in EOC which is why they have legacy. This poster even admits that is the case. Though he may have insulted legacy 'half-functional' he knows eoc is even worse.
I never said legacy is better than EoC. EoC is bad. Legacy is even worse and is a product of Jagex having so little faith in EoC that they maintained a second combat "mode" (if you can even call it that) in a desperate attempt to keep players from leaving. Momentum 2.0

KijinSeija said:
Then the contradiction:

"Keeping legacy around just invites its small userbase to complain whenever something can't be completed with little to no effort using legacy mode.

Time for a cleanup IMO. Legacy mode isn't easy mode, and it isn't going to be easy mode for elite dungeons either."

If the poster knows eoc is inferior to legacy as he puts it before, why does he want the superior (legacy) removed? Thats why i was confused. It doesnt make sense
You are indeed confused, but there's no contradiction. You just misinterpreted my post, and, deliberately or not, asserted things that I never claimed.

To make it simple for you: If Jagex was confident in EoC, they wouldn't have had to implement legacy mode in the first place. If Jagex was confident in EoC, momentum would have never been an option. EoC sucks. Legacy sucks even more.


Oh thanks for explaining.

TBH Legacy sucks. I agree.

EOC also sucks. Thank you.

The only combat that doesnt suck and shoulda never been changed is old combat.
~ The way you reject is the way that I choose
Since I know it will drive you insane! ~
- Master of Reverse Ideology

17-Mar-2019 23:39:20

KijinSeija

KijinSeija

Posts: 720Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Aqua Star said:
I'm not asking for legacy any more. I gave Evolution of shit a chance with that. I'm just going to say give us the old combat system. Easier and superior. We can just get rid of all this eoc crap and trolls.


You do have the "old system" thats exactly what lolgacy is.

Also one you're one to talk about being a troll ;)


No your the one trolling.

Old system is pre eoc combat.

Why else do you think people chose osrs over legacy?

You have higher hitting specs back then. You have 100% protect prayer against npcs back then. That was fair since monsters that could use pray were and still are 100% protect pray. Even monsters released in eoc still 100% protect pray including nex kk elite black knights kq etc.
~ The way you reject is the way that I choose
Since I know it will drive you insane! ~
- Master of Reverse Ideology

17-Mar-2019 23:42:44

Quick find code: 15-16-583-66088949Back to Top