Forums

Legacy Elite DungeonsThread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-583-66088949

of 18
Aqua Star

Aqua Star

Posts: 1,891Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BlitzdPanda said:
The community is sorry that you cant comprehend EOC or learn a basic understanding of this change made to the game. A game now designed around this combat update. It seems you might like OSRS better where the combat is as simple as your understanding of EOC.


Seems the VAST MAJORITY do as it happens. Can't imagine why.
Now what's an unfun environment when you talk to people and see nonsense being said and stuff like that

13-Mar-2019 01:04:52

KijinSeija

KijinSeija

Posts: 720Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said:
The best way to fix a problem is remove it and pretend it never exists.


Agreed. We could remove elite dungeons if it isn’t fair for all. Well said :)
~ The way you reject is the way that I choose
Since I know it will drive you insane! ~
- Master of Reverse Ideology

13-Mar-2019 01:27:08

I Am Singham
Feb Member 2016

I Am Singham

Posts: 793Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aria Ventus said:
In my opinion, they're balanced enough as is

I wouldn't go that far...

Legacy is "superior" in the sense that it'll produce big numbers and in its inherent simplicity, but EoC is superior in pretty much every other aspect. Not only is it much, much faster, it's much more versatile (see: stuns, bleeds, heals, damage negation etc.) and its Ultimates (which recharge much faster than spec. energy anyway) can hit very high as well. Never mind that Revolution makes combat about as interactive as Legacy. There really is very little reason to use Legacy over EoC once you've become adept in the latter. It's better for PvM. Heck, it's better for PvP as well -- unless the guy using Legacy gets lucky and one-hits you with an AGS spec or something, but the chance of that happening is astronomically lower than the guy using EoC stun-locking the Legacy guy and whittling away his HP to nothing, slowly but surely.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

13-Mar-2019 01:33:29 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2019 01:34:36 by I Am Singham

ELITE STACK
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 6,041Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
KijinSeija said:
ELITE STACK said:
The best way to fix a problem is remove it and pretend it never exists.


Agreed. We could remove elite dungeons if it isn’t fair for all. Well said :)



Delete legacy fixes the problem with it. Legacy is the last thing left that makes runescape unique.
The brightest ideas are the most undervalued.

13-Mar-2019 01:40:28 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2019 01:40:49 by ELITE STACK

A Vitalis
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2015

A Vitalis

Posts: 1,073Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Am Singham said:
Aria Ventus said:
In my opinion, they're balanced enough as is

I wouldn't go that far...

Legacy is "superior" in the sense that it'll produce big numbers and in its inherent simplicity, but EoC is superior in pretty much every other aspect. Not only is it much, much faster, it's much more versatile (see: stuns, bleeds, heals, damage negation etc.) and its Ultimates (which recharge much faster than spec. energy anyway) can hit very high as well. Never mind that Revolution makes combat about as interactive as Legacy. There really is very little reason to use Legacy over EoC once you've become adept in the latter. It's better for PvM. Heck, it's better for PvP as well -- unless the guy using Legacy gets lucky and one-hits you with an AGS spec or something, but the chance of that happening is astronomically lower than the guy using EoC stun-locking the Legacy guy and whittling away his HP to nothing, slowly but surely.


This isn't a problem. Legacy was never intended to be competitive with EoC. Legacy requires a fraction of the amount of input EoC does (even revo requires you to time defensives, manually trigger abilities like Surge and Freedom, switches, etc), basically no understanding of the game, lowers the already rather low skill ceiling, and leaves very little room for engaging mechanics.

That being said, if we wanted to talk about making legacy on-par with zero input revo, and maybe adding basic utilities to legacy (personally I think Freedom should be in some way available in legacy, similar to how legacy players can use Provoke with a T90 shield), then there's plenty of room for that discussion. However, that deserves its own thread instead of being discussed on a blatant troll thread.

The truth is you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

13-Mar-2019 01:44:15

I Am Singham
Feb Member 2016

I Am Singham

Posts: 793Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Vitalis said:
This isn't a problem. Legacy was never intended to be competitive with EoC. Legacy requires a fraction of the amount of input EoC does (even revo requires you to time defensives, manually trigger abilities like Surge and Freedom, switches, etc), basically no understanding of the game, lowers the already rather low skill ceiling, and leaves very little room for engaging mechanics.

That being said, if we wanted to talk about making legacy on-par with zero input revo, and maybe adding basic utilities to legacy (personally I think Freedom should be in some way available in legacy, similar to how legacy players can use Provoke with a T90 shield), then there's plenty of room for that discussion. However, that deserves its own thread instead of being discussed on a blatant troll thread.

I mean, as far as "engaging mechanics" are concerned, you can only do so much with how restrictive the tick system is. That would require a complete re-haul if you want them to release bosses that make even Telos and Solak look like jokes some time in the distant future.
However, I wasn't strictly talking about PvM. Yes, yes, balancing the game around Legacy instead of EoC would entail keeping any future bosses at "only" Raxx-level difficulty and I'm not trying to ruin the fun of sweaty people who like FTAA'ing.

Even so, the "main" combat system shouldn't have such a clear edge in a PvP scenario. For PvM, you can opt to use Legacy and simply avoid harder bosses. For PvP, you're basically coerced into using EoC just to survive an average "PKer" because, like you pointed out, Legacy players can't use "Freedom" and similar must-haves. As such, they generally can't survive an encounter with an EoCer. That's a problem.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

13-Mar-2019 02:15:53

Aqua Star

Aqua Star

Posts: 1,891Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh wow you know how to mash buttons to heal run away and break free from pointless stuns, you should be on mastermind srsly. Now what's an unfun environment when you talk to people and see nonsense being said and stuff like that

13-Mar-2019 02:20:15

A Vitalis
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2015

A Vitalis

Posts: 1,073Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Am Singham said:

Even so, the "main" combat system shouldn't have such a clear edge in a PvP scenario. For PvM, you can opt to use Legacy and simply avoid harder bosses. For PvP, you're basically coerced into using EoC just to survive an average "PKer" because, like you pointed out, Legacy players can't use "Freedom" and similar must-haves. As such, they generally can't survive an encounter with an EoCer. That's a problem.


Well, that opens up an entirely different can of worms. It's nearly impossible to perfectly balance EoC and Legacy in PvP, and if one has even a slight advantage over the other that's what people will flock to. You can see this various class/hero based games, if one class or hero or whatever is even slightly stronger than the others, it's pretty much guaranteed to be the one used most. People aren't necessarily looking for an even fight, they're looking to win.

Legacy and EoC are so radically different from one another that achieving anything even remotely resembling a balance between the two in PvP is unlikely, so the best solution is to do exactly what they do now; give legacy players their own worlds where players can't even use EoC.

The truth is you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

13-Mar-2019 02:30:21

Quick find code: 15-16-583-66088949Back to Top