Forums

So, hello!

Quick find code: 237-238-190-66085871

of 7
Freya Sigurd

Freya Sigurd

Posts: 17Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is perhaps not amongst the usual sort of threads you'll see here, though it will apparently last for 3-4 years because dear god the archive dates back ages. But that's another topic, not here. Also, it's rambly because I want to elusively introduce myself, but I highlighted the important question I want answered for your convenience.

I am a newborn returning to Runescape after roughly... I believe the last time I was here in W42 was when a community manager, I believe? Was trying to start a regular community event at the bar right below the sawmill near Varrock, assuming the bar is still there. I haven't checked, and everything is so new that there's hardly any time to do just that!

And after giving a gentle gander over the slightly up-to month old topics, I'm seeing a lot of... Good intention shown in bad light. Which is a broken home I tried to escape from by coming here. Well, we'll see how that all goes down, hopefully not with a swing.

So, bringing myself back to topic, I am mainly interested in reading about what good-folk communities people are invested into, and where a novice Runescape-r might be able to find a home in to get comfortable with the new environment. Like a house cat from the cat shelter trying to get a feel for the new home they've just been 'gently' placed inside of.

I also saw mentions of someone riding a dragon? And player-owned-... Kingdoms? Countries? Carrots? And a lot of clichés and no 'freelance RP'. So if someone can also explain all of this to me, that would be grand. I entirely expect these specific questions to be triggering a flame war of expected proportion, so if you can leave that until at least page 3, that would be fantastic. If not, I'll make do. Broken homes and all that I suppose.

But yes. This was me rambling and introducing myself to hopefully a new place to get invested in. If not, I guess I'll just follow to Dodo, appears like all the other newcomers have done just that.

Thank you for reading!

25-Feb-2019 22:02:08

RiDaku
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 5,662Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Freya Sigurd said:
I also saw mentions of someone riding a dragon? And player-owned-... Kingdoms? Countries? Carrots?


I covered that part up in my thread, hopefully you read that part as well!

Asking about POK's and such, are you just asking about them in general? Anything specific about certain ones? POK's aren't a new concept, they were around back from the time you referenced.
The True Asgarnia -
Maxed 10/15/2018

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

25-Feb-2019 22:06:26

Freya Sigurd

Freya Sigurd

Posts: 17Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RiDaku said:
Freya Sigurd said:
I also saw mentions of someone riding a dragon? And player-owned-... Kingdoms? Countries? Carrots?


I covered that part up in my thread, hopefully you read that part as well!

Asking about POK's and such, are you just asking about them in general? Anything specific about certain ones? POK's aren't a new concept, they were around back from the time you referenced.


Will admit, I didn't delve too deeply into the catch-up thing. Mostly just read the front page. Probably serves me right, no doubt.

And yeah, I do remember POK, though I was hoping the community had dropped the entire concept by this point. Not familiar with POC, though. I'm assuming 'Countries', given the context. Would have preferred carrots, honestly. Much more healthy for long-term sustainability. How many POK are there now? I saw that someone mentioned that only the first two pages were active, so I'm assuming that still rings true?

25-Feb-2019 22:23:25

RiDaku
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 5,662Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
POC means Player-Owned Cities. So, instead of claiming all of, say, Misthalin? Someone claims Varrock, someone claims Draynor, etc. And each individual group is a Player-owned City, instead of a whole kingdom.

There are only four POK's, since only four really exist in-lore. A Kingdom is a country, by the way.

Asgarnia - Falador, Sarim, Burthorpe+Taverley, forests north of Falador.
Misthalin - Varrock, Lumbridge, Draynor, Edgeville
Kharid - Al Kharid, the desert, Pollnivneach, Menaphos, etc...
Kandarin - Ardougne, Seer's, Catherby, Yanille, Piscatoris

As for the dragon-riding, I explained it on the last 2 pages of my thread. Don't worry, you don't have to dig through random pages for it.
The True Asgarnia -
Maxed 10/15/2018

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

25-Feb-2019 22:29:56

WardenOfW42

WardenOfW42

Posts: 63Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All correct but one thing. There are more than four kingdoms in lore. You got Miscellania & Etceteria, I think Jatiszo has a king too. Gnomes have a king, Zanaris has a queen and I am not sure but I think Morytania is also a kingdom of some sort. Not that these are all roleplayed in but in lore there are more than four kingdoms.


And is Menaphos part of Kharid now in lore after the update or is that just the POK situation?
Want to actually Role-Play in-game? Click Here!

25-Feb-2019 22:48:28

Freya Sigurd

Freya Sigurd

Posts: 17Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WardenOfW42 said:
All correct but one thing. There are more than four kingdoms in lore. You got Miscellania & Etceteria, I think Jatiszo has a king too. Gnomes have a king, Zanaris has a queen and I am not sure but I think Morytania is also a kingdom of some sort. Not that these are all roleplayed in but in lore there are more than four kingdoms.


And is Menaphos part of Kharid now in lore after the update or is that just the POK situation?


You, sir. Have a curious name. Tell me about it over a pint of beer?

And I'm really only interested in the player-run kingdoms/cities, since that is what I'll be interacting with the most during my formative years.

25-Feb-2019 22:52:07

RiDaku
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 5,662Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, I was talking about the four human kingdoms. The others have like, thirteen quests each where that specific leader figure is irreplaceable and important for the whole region to be stable (with Misc being run by the *World Guardian* how're you gonna replace that?), so they're generally left alone, instead having player characters set underneath them. (Honestly, that's the best way to do things IMO, but dismantling the PoK structure takes a community effort since it's so ingrained in to everything we do.) The True Asgarnia -
Maxed 10/15/2018

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

25-Feb-2019 22:55:41

WardenOfW42

WardenOfW42

Posts: 63Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Freya Sigurd said:
WardenOfW42 said:
All correct but one thing. There are more than four kingdoms in lore. You got Miscellania & Etceteria, I think Jatiszo has a king too. Gnomes have a king, Zanaris has a queen and I am not sure but I think Morytania is also a kingdom of some sort. Not that these are all roleplayed in but in lore there are more than four kingdoms.


And is Menaphos part of Kharid now in lore after the update or is that just the POK situation?


You, sir. Have a curious name. Tell me about it over a pint of beer?

And I'm really only interested in the player-run kingdoms/cities, since that is what I'll be interacting with the most during my formative years.


Just a username lol nothing special.

And I have been asking around and there’s currently a Misthalin group starting up by Lord Pyro I, a Kandarin group still around under someone called ‘Vekon’ and there are currently two asgarnia groups due to some sort of fight between group leaders Ridaku and Cookies Nom.
Want to actually Role-Play in-game? Click Here!

25-Feb-2019 22:57:11

Freya Sigurd

Freya Sigurd

Posts: 17Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oxtus said:
Everyone rejoice, our Messiah Eeon Shaper is nigh.

Also, freelance RP is dead. RIP.

Oxtus x

P.S. The Merchant Guild is wholesome as can be.


I am whooooeeeefully unprepared to be called a Messiah. But I brought a pint of beer I was going to share with Warden for his tale, but he just spilled his guts before I could drink him under the table. So, I'm giving it to you.

... Wait, why is the beer wine?

25-Feb-2019 23:16:12

Quick find code: 237-238-190-66085871Back to Top