Forums

G.E Tax

Quick find code: 322-323-966-66070172

of 5
Reminiscon
Oct Member 2016

Reminiscon

Posts: 3,297Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am proposing an integrity fix for the Grand Exchange, which has made traditional trading into dead content. This nerf would come in the form of a tax.

Formula: Y = 0.01X + 10,000

X is the value of the single purchase (i.e. one Abyssal Whip, or 10k Water Runes, or 5 Buckets), and Y is the amount of money the buyer must pay for their purchase after tax.

A 10,000 flat tax means that the even an item worth 1gp would cost 10,001 or more gp to purchase on the GE, meaning that quest items might be more worth using your own skills or finding them yourself again, or if you're rich you can ignore it and sink a bunch of gp.

The 0.01 or 1% ad valorem tax increases with the value of the item, from nothing at 1 gp to say 20-30k when buying an Abyssal Whip. The 10,000 flat tax would still be added on as well, making the total tax for an Abyssal Whip 30-40k depending on its price.

Note: For the seller, no flat tax is applied. The GE will remove 1% of the GP you would get from selling an item.

Benefits:

1) People can avoid all of the tax by trading the old fashioned way, bringing back player interaction, but this time by choice.

2) Sinks tons of gp from the game which would in theory bring inflation completely under control.
Long live the Wilderness. Long live risk vs reward in PVM. Long live 2006.

02-Feb-2019 17:36:50

FisherGaming
Feb Member 2019

FisherGaming

Posts: 4,317Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reminiscon said:
A 10,000 flat tax means that the even an item worth 1gp would cost 10,001 or more gp to purchase on the GE
Horrible idea.

Runes for 10k each? Yeah, this would easily kill the GE. I guess that's your goal, though.

Reminiscon said:
I am proposing an integrity fix for the Grand Exchange
And it comes as no surprise you wouldn't want this to be polled, because it's obviously such an atrocity it would never pass a poll.

Absolutely no support. Leave the GE alone.
There'd be no need for 3rd party clients if the default one was decent. I vote no to all non-PvP Wilderness updates, and yes to all PvP Wilderness updates. If you want to revive the wilderness, encourage players to PvP, not lure them to the Wilderness to be victims.

02-Feb-2019 18:42:09

Reminiscon
Oct Member 2016

Reminiscon

Posts: 3,297Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Reminiscon said:
A 10,000 flat tax means that the even an item worth 1gp would cost 10,001 or more gp to purchase on the GE
Horrible idea.

Runes for 10k each? Yeah, this would easily kill the GE. I guess that's your goal, though.

Reminiscon said:
I am proposing an integrity fix for the Grand Exchange
And it comes as no surprise you wouldn't want this to be polled, because it's obviously such an atrocity it would never pass a poll.

Absolutely no support. Leave the GE alone.



Dude, literally anything that makes the game harder or inconveniences people in any way is going to fail a poll. And anything that makes it easier is going to pass. That's not right period.


And no you got it wrong. The 10k tax (more like a fee) is applied to every purchase. So if you put an offer for 5m worth of runes, the flat tax for that purchase is still 10k.
Long live the Wilderness. Long live risk vs reward in PVM. Long live 2006.

02-Feb-2019 22:17:22

FisherGaming
Feb Member 2019

FisherGaming

Posts: 4,317Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reminiscon said:
Dude, literally anything that makes the game harder or inconveniences people in any way is going to fail a poll. And anything that makes it easier is going to pass. That's not right period.
The poll history has shown otherwise. Lots of easyscape ideas have failed, and the removal of some "hard" features have failed polls, as well.

What's going to fail is taking away features of the game just because some people are mad that it passed in the first place. Especially if something that was polled into the game is then ripped out without a poll solely because you and a handful of others don't like the results of the vote.

The GE is an important part of OSRS. It objectively made trading better.

Reminiscon said:
The 10k tax (more like a fee) is applied to every purchase. So if you put an offer for 5m worth of runes, the flat tax for that purchase is still 10k.
But that's not how the GE works. It doesn't fill the entire order instantly.

So I guess you're saying you'd want to charge a 10k tax fee to place a buy order?

It still seems pretty bad to me.

10k for 1 rune, or 10k for 40 runes. That's an absurd system.

It would discourage smaller scale trading, which is far more punishing to the people with less money. If you're trying to create a viable gold sink, it needs to affect as many people as possible without being so hefty that people stop playing or stop doing the activity.

People with billions of gold wouldn't care about an extra 10k, and they can afford to just place really huge buy orders so they have to pay it less in the first place.

People with only a few 100k gold are going to really be hurt by this, as they make smaller buy orders more frequently.

The people whose gold needs to be sunk the most are the ones least affected. You understand how that's a problem, yes?

Find a better gold sink than killing off the GE.
There'd be no need for 3rd party clients if the default one was decent. I vote no to all non-PvP Wilderness updates, and yes to all PvP Wilderness updates. If you want to revive the wilderness, encourage players to PvP, not lure them to the Wilderness to be victims.

03-Feb-2019 03:38:12

rishinger l

rishinger l

Posts: 1,699Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm gonna be that one guy~

Qfc: 322-323-690-66080615

I made that yesterday as an idea of how to combat the problems with the G.E.....im only linking it because it's far too long to post here, thoughts?

03-Feb-2019 03:46:48

Str8cashjigg

Str8cashjigg

Posts: 742Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Reminiscon said:
Dude, literally anything that makes the game harder or inconveniences people in any way is going to fail a poll. And anything that makes it easier is going to pass. That's not right period.
The poll history has shown otherwise. Lots of easyscape ideas have failed, and the removal of some "hard" features have failed polls, as well.

What's going to fail is taking away features of the game just because some people are mad that it passed in the first place. Especially if something that was polled into the game is then ripped out without a poll solely because you and a handful of others don't like the results of the vote.

The GE is an important part of OSRS. It objectively made trading better.

Reminiscon said:
The 10k tax (more like a fee) is applied to every purchase. So if you put an offer for 5m worth of runes, the flat tax for that purchase is still 10k.
But that's not how the GE works. It doesn't fill the entire order instantly.

So I guess you're saying you'd want to charge a 10k tax fee to place a buy order?

It still seems pretty bad to me.

10k for 1 rune, or 10k for 40 runes. That's an absurd system.

It would discourage smaller scale trading, which is far more punishing to the people with less money. If you're trying to create a viable gold sink, it needs to affect as many people as possible without being so hefty that people stop playing or stop doing the activity.

People with billions of gold wouldn't care about an extra 10k, and they can afford to just place really huge buy orders so they have to pay it less in the first place.

People with only a few 100k gold are going to really be hurt by this, as they make smaller buy orders more frequently.

The people whose gold needs to be sunk the most are the ones least affected. You understand how that's a problem, yes?

Find a better gold sink than killing off the GE.


Provi
The ditch is gonna get endless repolls while sand buckets can pass the first poll and never be implemented. After the ditch passes the 7th poll attempt, it'll be implemented an hour before the poll closes because it's actually important. Deal with it.

03-Feb-2019 05:09:42

Str8cashjigg

Str8cashjigg

Posts: 742Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Provide proof nubnub. Every easyscape update ever has psssed lmao. Serp helm buff is a joke. Everything to increase risk in the wilderness failed miserably. The ditch is gonna get endless repolls while sand buckets can pass the first poll and never be implemented. After the ditch passes the 7th poll attempt, it'll be implemented an hour before the poll closes because it's actually important. Deal with it.

03-Feb-2019 05:10:12

Quick find code: 322-323-966-66070172Back to Top