Forums

Grand Library Amascut?

Quick find code: 341-342-71-65920083

of 2
Pantamalion
May Member 2019

Pantamalion

Posts: 646Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why does the Grand Library of Menaphos have Amascut's symbol on it? Also why does the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon have Icthlarin's symbol (since slayer seems to be more associated with Amascut)?

10-Jun-2017 02:31:23 - Last edited on 18-Jun-2017 00:59:09 by Pantamalion

Questcaping
Dec Member 2016

Questcaping

Posts: 543Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At a guess, it'd be because Amascut took the wisest/most worthy to be reborn, and the Grand Library is full of wisdom and records of worth.

Bit of a stretch though.
Questcaping the Finally Questcaped

Runefest 2017/2018 attendee

10-Jun-2017 07:41:05 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2017 07:41:44 by Questcaping

AesirWarrior
Nov Member 2017

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,053Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The slayer dungeon is under Icthlarin's temple so it was probably some sort of crypt before Amascut infested it with monsters. It makes sense his symbol would be on the entrance.

I don't know about the entrance to the library though. It was probably built before Amascut went crazy, but why she'd be associated with Knowledge I have no idea.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

10-Jun-2017 12:43:03

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,952Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pantamalion said:
Why does the Grand Library of Menaphos have Amascut's symbol on it? Also why does the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon have Icthlarin's symbol (since slayer seems to be more associated with Amascut)?


Is that the same symbol you see on the tower to lead to the Imperial entrance to the shifting tombs?

If that's the case, that's really a symbol of Het. Not Amascut.
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

15-Jun-2017 05:44:40

Jack Bowe
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Jack Bowe

Posts: 58Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just assumed it was because The Grand Library is connected to the Grand Pyramid within the Imperial District and the Pharaoh was corrupted by Amascut.

I can't see any other reason - Amascut isn't connected - in any way - to anything you'd find in a library. Except maybe the mad librarian. :P

17-Jun-2017 18:51:09

MasterOfMind

MasterOfMind

Posts: 641Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said:

I don't know about the entrance to the library though. It was probably built before Amascut went crazy, but why she'd be associated with Knowledge I have no idea.


Menaphos was built quite a while after Amascut became corrupted, so it must have been put there intentionally. It is odd.

18-Jun-2017 12:33:12

AesirWarrior
Nov Member 2017

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,053Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MasterOfMind said:
AesirWarrior said:

I don't know about the entrance to the library though. It was probably built before Amascut went crazy, but why she'd be associated with Knowledge I have no idea.


Menaphos was built quite a while after Amascut became corrupted, so it must have been put there intentionally. It is odd.


Are you sure about that? It's a quite unclear when Amascut became mad. It's implied to have started with Mah, but also the Mahjarrat. Ka claims Tumeken's sacrifice was the final straw, yet Icthlarin's little helper claims she didn't actually start to devoure humans until a century or so ago (probably retconned, but still). She could very well still have been revered when Menaphos was built, after Tumeken's downfall. Even if that was "the final straw", that doesn't mean public opinion of her changed overnight. She seems to have been planning things for a long time, so I doubt she went around destroyings things right away.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

18-Jun-2017 22:22:39 - Last edited on 18-Jun-2017 22:27:28 by AesirWarrior

MasterOfMind

MasterOfMind

Posts: 641Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said:
MasterOfMind said:
AesirWarrior said:

I don't know about the entrance to the library though. It was probably built before Amascut went crazy, but why she'd be associated with Knowledge I have no idea.


Menaphos was built quite a while after Amascut became corrupted, so it must have been put there intentionally. It is odd.


Are you sure about that? It's a quite unclear when Amascut became mad. It's implied to have started with Mah, but also the Mahjarrat. Ka claims Tumeken's sacrifice was the final straw, yet Icthlarin's little helper claims she didn't actually start to devoure humans until a century or so ago (probably retconned, but still). She could very well still have been revered when Menaphos was built, after Tumeken's downfall. Even if that was "the final straw", that doesn't mean public opinion of her changed overnight. She seems to have been planning things for a long time, so I doubt she went around destroyings things right away.


I'm going with pretty much everything before rs3 as being retconned, or at least unconfirmed. As you said Amascut was corrupted when her and Itchlarin found Freneskae, and Menaphos wasn't built until after the God Wars, so after Zamoracks ascension, after the fall of Zaros's empire, after pretty much everything. Amascut was giving Itchlarin and Elidinis grief just after Tumekens sacrifice, so she's been The Devourer for a very long time. Sure the people might not have know about it, but she was the God of rebirth anyway, nothing to do with libraries. Isolation and knowledge are Scabaras' domain, it should be his symbol on the door.

19-Jun-2017 02:19:51 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2017 02:22:32 by MasterOfMind

Quick find code: 341-342-71-65920083Back to Top