Forums

Am I a Saradominist?

Quick find code: 341-342-792-65854233

of 7
Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,233Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After finishing Children of Mah, it follows a similar scheme to Dishonor among thieves, and Fate of the Gods etc..

I have come to an issue where in completing these quests that give you little to no choices in choosing the path you want. I basically want at least in my story for Saradomin to come out ontop in Endgame, and with these quests I brought Zaros back, I helped Zamorak get power from the stone of Jas, and now with CoM the mahjarrat Zaros, Zamorak, and Seren could have all been defeated some of Saradomin's biggest rivals and I helped empower them!

So for those that aren't on this bandwagon of Mahjarrat, Zimzams and Zaros. Do you think our gods are going to know that we basically helped empower their rivals in almost like 4-5 occasions now.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

25-Nov-2016 01:46:16

Barnabix
Dec Member 2012

Barnabix

Posts: 844Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Same boat here. I sided with the Guthixians in TWW; Refused to help Zaros in FOTG; Didn't give Seren all her shards in TLW; and stayed neutral in DAT

Yet in CoM I was like; Oh sure let me help the Mahjarrat, who three tried to kill the God I was supporting, and Zaros who uses everyone to his own ends.

It felt like this quest was forcing you to help them, even if you didn't want to. I mean; the only people I willing would have given any real aid to were Seren and Kharshai.

The Mahjarrat are interesting characters sure, but I'm not a huge fan of them. Heck, my favourite characters in the game are the Guardians of Guthix, but only Death ever really gets shown off. They have these groups of super interesting characters, but only seem to focus on the Mahjarrat. I understand a LOT of people like them, but it just feels like such a waste of so many other neat characters that they never get any spotlight time.

Regardless; at least in my game, both Death and I will have a shot at the stone at least, so there's still hope that I can follow the path that I want.
Balance in all things

25-Nov-2016 02:04:47

Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,233Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Barnabix said:
Same boat here. I sided with the Guthixians in TWW; Refused to help Zaros in FOTG; Didn't give Seren all her shards in TLW; and stayed neutral in DAT

Yet in CoM I was like; Oh sure let me help the Mahjarrat, who three tried to kill the God I was supporting, and Zaros who uses everyone to his own ends.

It felt like this quest was forcing you to help them, even if you didn't want to. I mean; the only people I willing would have given any real aid to were Seren and Kharshai.

The Mahjarrat are interesting characters sure, but I'm not a huge fan of them. Heck, my favourite characters in the game are the Guardians of Guthix, but only Death ever really gets shown off. They have these groups of super interesting characters, but only seem to focus on the Mahjarrat. I understand a LOT of people like them, but it just feels like such a waste of so many other neat characters that they never get any spotlight time.

Regardless; at least in my game, both Death and I will have a shot at the stone at least, so there's still hope that I can follow the path that I want.


Exactly in a lot of the recent quests which almost all revolved around the Mahjarrat and Mah storylines we really didn't get much of a choice in anything.

I get that the mahjarrat are interesting to some extent but really we just see them so often now that sometimes dare I say I even skip dialogue now because its pretty predictable, like when FotG2 was announced I knew it was going to be Zamorak and Zaros allying each other and nothing big would happen and I jokingly said they would all gain massive amounts of power, funny thing was that basically happened.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

25-Nov-2016 02:19:50

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 28,797Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I agree, there's something to consider:
If the Ritual they were performing was not allowed to work - Zaros, Seren, and Zamorak, AND the Mahjarrat (possible even Sliske) would have died because all their energy would have been siphoned off.

The death of Seren could have meant the death of many Elves. Or at least put them on the brink of extinction.
The death of many of the Mahjarrat would have led to power struggles (such as a new leader of the Khazard Army) and even complete civil war and chaos in some situations (assuming Moia would be unaffected AND could maintain control in Daemonheim without Zam or Bilrach)

In Dishonor among Thieves, I would have seen it as if you asked for "guidance" from an Emissary, because of how quick it was happening AND you were invited to the heist, you would have been asked to do what you can and at min, get the chance to do intelligence on what the Zamorakians and Sliske were up to.

In this case, the potential of seeing 3, even 4 factions, getting snuffed out would have done wonders for the likes of Saradomin and the Godless.
Armadyl probably would have suggested that you at least "try" (it's unlikely he would agree with Seren getting killed off)

Like I would have thought ot happen in DAT, your emissary would probably ask you to check in as well.
Imagine the possibility of finding what's up with the Mahjarrat?
Wait, one of the abomination gods is going to doom us all? we must stop it?
Oh, there's a ritual or something? see if there's something you could do to muck it up (if you have the chance)

The act that you're battling in the core of Mah's mind means you wouldn't get the chance to do anything.
Oh ... the intel you bring back: The Zarosian and Zamorakian Mahjarrat are now stable ... oopsie. They ain't even sacrificing one of their own every few centuries. And Zaros and Zammy are apparently stronger. So ..... what next?
You sure you want to report that?

25-Nov-2016 02:43:40

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 28,797Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But you're right, the lack of factional influence is kinda taking the fun out of it.

Something tells me they'll come back saying " *blah* *blah* development time for multi paths" and that feedback on the factional system isn't too good, so we're toning it down some.

25-Nov-2016 02:47:32

The contents of this message have been hidden

25-Nov-2016 02:48:20

Raleirosen
Jun Member 2019

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol, it's actually pretty absurd. You practically just elevated some of Smurfledore's worst enemies to demigodhood for no reason. Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

25-Nov-2016 02:49:59

Lianna98
Mar Member 2019

Lianna98

Posts: 259Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's a big let down for me too how the icyene are put way behind the priority list. They could shed so much lore on Sara just from their culture alone. I feel similarly for the aviansie but at least they get a bit more than the icyene currently.
They make me shiiiaaaiiine!

25-Nov-2016 02:54:57

Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,233Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said:
Lol, it's actually pretty absurd. You practically just elevated some of Smurfledore's worst enemies to demigodhood for no reason.


Exactly. I'm almost completely assured at this point that the devs don't actually believe there are people that don't follow gods other than Seren, Zaros, or Zamorak.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

25-Nov-2016 03:02:15

Raxxess

Raxxess

Posts: 2,233Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lianna98 said:
It's a big let down for me too how the icyene are put way behind the priority list. They could shed so much lore on Sara just from their culture alone. I feel similarly for the aviansie but at least they get a bit more than the icyene currently.


It really is I'd love more Icyene lore, at least with Aviansie Mod Raven is really cool about answering a ton of questions and giving hints and commentary about Armadyl and the birdies.
Saradomin Lore clan
- Aegis of Saradomin

25-Nov-2016 03:03:06

Quick find code: 341-342-792-65854233Back to Top