Forums

Pieces of Hate Xau'tak theory

Quick find code: 341-342-821-65998868

of 8
Jakir
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Jakir

Posts: 4,481Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In Pieces of Hate we see what is presumably Xau'tak's arm and it is made entirely out of the black stone used by both Bilrach and Rabid Jack in their necromancy experiments. Also along our journey we see a cosmic entity (made of space & stars) in the shape of a cat which are the guardians of the underworld. Also we have heard in Hero's Welcome that Xau was active on Gielinor despite the edicts being active and as this is a 5th age quest we have presumably witnessed it now.

What does all this mean? Well Xau definitely would have to have found a way to work around the edicts to be active in the 5th age. And given that parts of his body can be used to revive the dead and there are cosmic cats watching over his activities what if the way he found into Gielinor was similar to how Zamorak tried to tunnel in through the abyss using floor 61 except Xau used the Underworld? As for creatures made of living black rock I can think of only one species the fits that bill, the TokHaar. And the achievement for unlocking all the murals is titled Roake Kal, and Kal in TokHaar means "Victorious". I would presume it has a similar meaning in Demon as well as the Kal'gerion demons structure their entire society around victory in combat. The language this achievement is written in is Dragonkin so it may have a different meaning but many times languages borrow words from other cultures and 2 out of the 3 that use the word "Kal" appear to use it for the same meaning.

So based on what I've seen in this quest it seems highly likely that Xau is trying to travel through the abyss and fairly likely that it is a TokHaar or related to them in some way. I'm going to also make a guess that it isn't in the underworld by choice because why the hell would anyone choose to be dead and assume it is trapped there, possibly because it was undead or a ghost when it ascended. We know TokHaar that die outside the lava are cutoff and don't reincarnate so maybe it formed its own underworld when it died.

19-Mar-2018 19:48:29

Jakir
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Jakir

Posts: 4,481Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xau's arm also looks very similar to Mah but I can't think of a way the two could be related. Most likely I'd imagine Xau was a TokHaar the died/got left behind while the Elder Gods were creating planets.

Edit: Also his name Xau'tak is broken up into two single syllable parts and the TokHaar language is comprised entirely of single syllable words.

19-Mar-2018 19:49:34 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2018 01:45:43 by Jakir

Devil Vein
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Devil Vein

Posts: 385Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xau could be an elder and therefore unaffected by the edicts. Also, I dont think the kittens are cosmic guardians im pretty sure their avatars of Xau-Tak. Or at least how we perceive Xau since we cant comprehend him. Getting close to the portal at the end causes all kinds of strange things to happen to our mind. I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim;
Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

19-Mar-2018 19:59:00

Ahtelhrax
Feb Member 2018

Ahtelhrax

Posts: 475Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The TokHaar are made from Obsidian, and created by Ful by making use of the Elder Kiln. They are not made of black stone, and have nothing to do with Xau-Tak.

On the other hand, the cosmic cats seemingly do have a connection, and this means that Xau-Tak has been with us the entire pirate series, as in some quests we see cutscenes that are meant to 'censor' some parts of the quest, and instead play a scene of kittens playing, meaning Xau-Tak was there too, if he had the link to the cats in the pirate series.

But the TokHaar are completely unrelated.

19-Mar-2018 20:00:22

Ahtelhrax
Feb Member 2018

Ahtelhrax

Posts: 475Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roake Kal is pretty much at this point, (i believe) meant to be Dragonkin Language, it IS a Dragonkin temple at the end of the quest. The fact that the word 'Kal' appears in several languages is most likely a coincidence.

If Xau-Tak has any connection to the TokHaar, then it may be that the TokHaar existed in the last rendition of the universe, and Xau-Tak was maybe part of Mah? Otherwise it makes zero sense for them to be related.

19-Mar-2018 20:03:16

Jakir
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Jakir

Posts: 4,481Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Devil Vein said:
Xau could be an elder and therefore unaffected by the edicts. Also, I dont think the kittens are cosmic guardians im pretty sure their avatars of Xau-Tak. Or at least how we perceive Xau since we cant comprehend him. Getting close to the portal at the end causes all kinds of strange things to happen to our mind.


Xau definitely isn't an elder or else he could just shatter the edicts/ignore them. Also the cats are guardians of the Underworld. If they were Xau they would be more malicious.

Ahtelhrax said:
The TokHaar are made from Obsidian, and created by Ful by making use of the Elder Kiln. They are not made of black stone, and have nothing to do with Xau-Tak.

On the other hand, the cosmic cats seemingly do have a connection, and this means that Xau-Tak has been with us the entire pirate series, as in some quests we see cutscenes that are meant to 'censor' some parts of the quest, and instead play a scene of kittens playing, meaning Xau-Tak was there too, if he had the link to the cats in the pirate series.

But the TokHaar are completely unrelated.


What do you think Obsidian is? Spoilers: It's black stone.

20-Mar-2018 01:35:31

Jakir
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Jakir

Posts: 4,481Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahtelhrax said:
Roake Kal is pretty much at this point, (i believe) meant to be Dragonkin Language, it IS a Dragonkin temple at the end of the quest. The fact that the word 'Kal' appears in several languages is most likely a coincidence.

If Xau-Tak has any connection to the TokHaar, then it may be that the TokHaar existed in the last rendition of the universe, and Xau-Tak was maybe part of Mah? Otherwise it makes zero sense for them to be related.


Yes the Kal written in the questing achievements is in Dragonkin language but the fact that it appears in 3 languages: Dragonkin, TokHaar, and Demon and they are arguably the 3 oldest languages and in 2 of those 3 languages is appears to have very similar meanings would indicate that it most likely shares that meaning in the third language. And if Xau is a TokHaar well then that relates him and the Dragonkin trying to summon him (as shown in the murals) pretty well. It could also be where one of the cultures adopted the meaning of the word Kal into their own language.

20-Mar-2018 01:40:07

Alexraptor
May Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Alexraptor

Posts: 5,673Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lol Xau is definitely NOT TokHaar, that's just silly.

The TokHaar are products of an elder artifact, the Elder Kiln, and made from hot lava and volcanic glass. Xau-Tak however is a "cold" entity and heavily associated with water and so much more than just the product of a mere "tool".

And Obsidian is as mentioned Volcanic glass, and has zero of the properties of the black stone material associated with Xau-Tak.
O_o:P:@:O

20-Mar-2018 02:17:25

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,442Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jakir said:
Yes the Kal written in the questing achievements is in Dragonkin language but the fact that it appears in 3 languages: Dragonkin, TokHaar, and Demon and they are arguably the 3 oldest languages and in 2 of those 3 languages is appears to have very similar meanings would indicate that it most likely shares that meaning in the third language. And if Xau is a TokHaar well then that relates him and the Dragonkin trying to summon him (as shown in the murals) pretty well. It could also be where one of the cultures adopted the meaning of the word Kal into their own language.


Do keep in mind that the Dragonkin came first and interacted with the elders. As such, it is a perfectly reasonable assumption that the Elders could have taken some of the Dragonkin language and imbued the TokHaar with it (that way their agents could communicate and be ordered by a common language). It is also a perfectly reasonable assumption that the TokHaar could have incorporated aspects of the Dragonkin's language into their own (much like how they incorporate other forms) or vice versa during their period as the only forms of sapient active life.

Thing is though, everything points to the kin and not Xau-Tak making those murals, so it isn't its language.

Furthermore, Xau-Tak lacks the characteristic lines of lava that cross a TokHaar's body, and it's black stone possesses notably different properties than we've observed from TokHaar or TzHaar remains.

We also know what happens to TokHaar and TzHaar that die outside of the Kiln, they become statues that are often shattered into pieces for obsidian shards or tokkul that retain their memories and consciousness (in a tortured, compressed state) until reunited with the Kiln. So if Xau was a dead TokHaar, it wouldn't be in any underworld.

We are also assuming that the black stone hand is a part of Xau's body and not just something it animates and uses separate from its body.

20-Mar-2018 02:35:50

Quick find code: 341-342-821-65998868Back to Top