Forums

New Bane Weaponry

Quick find code: 74-75-771-66076563

Gwyndolynn
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 995Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been incredibly pleased with the new Bane weaponry and for the increased diversity it brings to combat! So of course I would like to see more.

Not sure how many of these would be useful but thatís exactly why I bring it up! What types of Bane weaponry could you see being useful?


Hereís a few I cooked up!

Necrobane: Replaces revenantbane but applies to all undead (I.e. Eddimu, Aberrant Spectres, barrows, etc).

Insectoidbane: All arachnids and insects. (I.e. Rax, Kalphite K&Q, Grotworms, etc).

Goblinbane: Everything from Graador, Ogres, Ourgs. Possible Yuíbiusk raids?

Wyrmbane: Self-explanatory.

Thoughts?
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3

17-Jan-2019 08:46:11 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2019 01:11:43 by Gwyndolynn

Jennette
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Jennette

Posts: 1,340Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sounds cool but I haven't tried bane stuff out yet so I wouldn't know how effective it is yet over other existing options.

I will test it out and get back to you.

I noticed that you need to add rare items from the type of monster you are tuning the bane weapon for when smithing tuned bane weapons. Seems interesting... I wonder if the tuned weapons are any good?
Lost Coconuts.
-
Lost Coconuts in a Paradise Lost, monkeys and pirates welcome.

17-Jan-2019 10:25:09 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2019 11:12:12 by Jennette

Doomofdawest
Dec Member 2018

Doomofdawest

Posts: 276Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support generally, however before this is implemented I would like to see more variants of actual weapons... scimitars, hastas and the like and for all of the new metals as well Ghad: struggling against the enemies of me boiz

18-Jan-2019 13:44:14

Gwyndolynn
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 995Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Doomofdawest said:
Support generally, however before this is implemented I would like to see more variants of actual weapons... scimitars, hastas and the like and for all of the new metals as well


Unfortunately, Jagex said they have no intention of doing that.
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3

19-Jan-2019 05:42:37

Doomofdawest
Dec Member 2018

Doomofdawest

Posts: 276Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gwyndolynn said:
Doomofdawest said:
Support generally, however before this is implemented I would like to see more variants of actual weapons... scimitars, hastas and the like and for all of the new metals as well


Unfortunately, Jagex said they have no intention of doing that.


WHAT RLY?!?! oh thats so sad... whyd they have to kill off good content even more?!
Ghad: struggling against the enemies of me boiz

19-Jan-2019 17:59:45

Gwyndolynn
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 995Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I think they want to fill out the tiers with non-smithable weapons -aka drops.

I.e. A Bane or Elder Rune Halberd would be a bit redundant with Masutaís and DR Lance. Also, that would devalue them massively. Also, that leaves room for a lot more slayer creatures and quests to be introduced.
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3

19-Jan-2019 20:35:13

Steelweaver
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Steelweaver

Posts: 11,562Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Doomofdawest said:
Gwyndolynn said:
Doomofdawest said:
Support generally, however before this is implemented I would like to see more variants of actual weapons... scimitars, hastas and the like and for all of the new metals as well


Unfortunately, Jagex said they have no intention of doing that.


WHAT RLY?!?! oh thats so sad... whyd they have to kill off good content even more?!


I think it was more "we have no plans to do that CURRENTLY".

They did design the M&S rework just so the new metal types had 2 one-handed weapons, 1 two-handed weapon, and a shield as you currently don't need more than that.

But once Weapon Diversity comes out, we'll probably see extensions in the future.
The Steelweaver

World Guardian #835
Maxed 9/7/2016
120 Smithing 1/4/2019

19-Jan-2019 22:45:15

Quick find code: 74-75-771-66076563Back to Top