List of Minigame Improvements
Quick find code: 74-75-859-66062962
- Bonus XP interface only. Items are no longer given.
- Each of the weapon/armor style sets require 150 Points. This keeps it approximately what it costs to get all of the pieces for each set (pro-rated for the shields). The SC Armor becomes cosmetic overrides. Need 450 Points (approx) to unlock all 3 styles if you wish.
- Players who keepsaked SC gear will have their keepsake tokens refunded
- Sacred Clay skilling set - cosmetic animation overrides for Hunter, Fishing, Woodcutting, and Mining. This is the least invasive animation set: sacred clay tools visually override your normal tool look during animations or just do "normal" skilling but with these in place of your normal skilling tool.
Elder rune would be special; maybe you would just add one animica ore per bar (rather than two) if there's already rune bars present in the dispenser, or just chuck both the ore and the bar in at the same time. Bizarre Boron Fusswell. Minigames&ninja fixes&cheevos&comp cape
Hm, I'm not sure what this would accomplish. It's basically removing some armour and tools that work like rune and making them overrides instead. :/
I think that might actually be a better solution than the existing rewards: If players are only interested in the bxp their process would've been streamlined, if they're more interested in alternative styles (especially tool ones would be a fairly unique reward honestly) and animations they have actually something more to work their way towards.
The stuff is fairly hard to balance as appealing equipment as both melee and ranged have extremely simple options available to grab equipment at level 50 and 60 - which even would be permanent - mages have at least permanent t50 magic equipment and a degrading variant at 60 (or also a full permanent set of power armour as a quest reward at t60). Thing is - even as an ironman you just would grab your runite, blue dragon and mystic items after you've earned your access to the champion's guild, rather than playing the minigame for some time - especially if you would want a shield at that tier. Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention
18-Jan-2019 17:51:52 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2019 17:52:19 by Rikornak
- Remove all buyable supplies and allow them to be directly collected within the arena. Instead of adding super potions supply Castle Wars Supreme Overload Salves, Restores and runes.
- Remove the no ticket / game progress penalty for joining in a game late.
- Reduce the games played requirement for unlocking capes to 50/100/500. This is a drastical cut, but we're still talking about almost 8 days of pure time nonstop playing to complete it - at a minimum. Likewise the requirement to be ranked is reduced to 50 games as well.
- Silver tickets still will be used to buy capes and basic decorative sets.
- Add tradeable super potion sets for a single ticket. They should hold some value for making overload potions.
- Allow single tickets to be exchanged for bonus experience equivalent to a small star in any combat skill. This is fairly poor experience for the time spent, but could be quite useful for vic or nic.
- Change the reward structure to 1/2/3 tickets for losing, drawing or winning respectively.
- Completing the ardougne elite tasks awards one additional ticket regardless of outcome.
- Enhancers are changed to award one additional ticket (instead of doubling tickets awarded).
- Drastically reduce the gold ticket price to buy most rewards and refund the difference:
+ The price for detailed decorative pieces is cut by 2 (i.e. 145 tickets for a full set).
+ The price for intricate decorative pieces is cut by 5 (i.e. 580 tickets for a full set).
+ The price for profound decorative pieces is cut by 5 (i.e. 830 tickets for a full set).
+ The price to buy a faithful shield is reduced to 20 tickets.
+ The price to buy halos is reduced to 30 tickets. Change them to have a +15 prayer and +17 power (saradomin strength, guthix ranged, zamorak magic) bonus without any requirements to be worn. All armour and other passive effects are removed. It's basically t70 head jewellery then. Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention
22-Jan-2019 18:48:18 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2019 06:53:22 by Rikornak
Other gold ticket reward suggestions:
- Add a skill codex used to mutate a niche skill for 200 gold tickets. It is a tradeable reward, enabling more advanced money-making to CW.
- Allow individual extreme potions to be bought for a single gold ticket. As a secondary requirement players need to have the herblore level to brew them for themselves.
General reward philosophy:
- New rewards should be balanced in a way they can be obtained in reasonable amounts of time. Since you could get 6 gold tickets at a maximum (3 base + 1 free elite + 1 free enhanced + 1 free bonus weekend) a skill codex would require at least 34 games with 23 minutes each = 782 minutes = roughly 13 hours of pure time - under the assumption every game is won. That's still much especially compared to soul wars, but it is at least somewhat reasonable.
- Talk to Lanthus while wearing a full set of profound armour is changed to a regular minigame achievement.
- Mutating the new skill will be a regular completionist cape requirement.
- Unlock all five castle wars capes is added as a trimmed completionist cape requirement (so 500 games and one game with most kills/captures). Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention
22-Jan-2019 18:51:21 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2019 07:13:51 by Rikornak
Seems reasonable, nice . I would rather make the halos and shield more useful than cutting down their price that much. Level 70 head jewellery seems hardly useful, since, ya know, helms exist.
I think it could actually compete better as jewellery as opposed to real armour.
If it has to compete with a real (t70) helm, it will likely fall short (at least for non ironmen since GWD head items aren't really expensive nowadays. If it was a piece of jewellery it could actually be a fairly appealing piece of equipment to lower and medium levelled players (like amulets of glory, fury - or a deathtouched bracelet), as they would be able to sacrifice defence for the sake of having good offensive stats available sooner than normally - and since the new costs would require a bit of effort, but allow them to reasonably gain them, it should even become a fairly common sight then - not just for keepsaking (I mean I love their styles, but they shouldn't be reduced to a pure cosmetic).
The great prayer bonus would certainly be an extra, which might cause it to remain viable even for high levelled players for skilling prayers (think of using the superheat form more economically).
/edit: Woo post#600 Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention
24-Jan-2019 17:49:14 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 17:57:57 by Rikornak