1) What floor did this take place on? Since the Hobgoblin Geomancer is usually found on Abandoned, was it there or lower near the Occult floors?
This story takes place in the very early days of Daemonheim when the main goal is to dig and get to the bottom. I see it as taking place not on a specific floor, perhaps in an exploratory tunnel/cavern.
- Last edited on 07-Jul-2011 16:52:05 by ModáScorpion
3) If the Hobgoblin went through the portal to the realm of Kal'Ger's throne room, and the portal collapsed afterwards, how did he get back? Also, if there was such a power in Kal'Ger's throne room that the voices seemed to suggest the Hobgoblin to take - why did the Demons leave that behind?
That is my favourite part of the story! I personally am enjoying coming up with ideas of what the Goblin did to get back, and what Kal'ger will do to him! Perhaps it will be explored in the future? Who knows =)
How much of an emphasis to you think should be placed on Lore in RuneScape? Do you, as I do personally, believe Lore is something that adds a tremendous layer of interest to a game?
I believe it adds tremendous value, that's why I approached the RuneScape editors with an idea for a lore story I'm not exactly sure when the last lore was, but it's been quite a while so I thought I'd give you guys a treat. RuneScape is such a massive game and I see lore as an important and enjoyable part of the bigger picture.
Is the wizard/cloaked figure Bilrach or some other powerful being? Just verifying...
This is something we wanted to leave open to speculation. It adds more mystery to the story as you're seeing so many familiar faces in there because the lore is exploring existing characters in more detail, so we felt you would have more fun if you didn't quite know for sure who everyone there was.
- Last edited on 07-Jul-2011 16:24:39 by ModáScorpion
"Q) Have you been planning this for a while, or was it a spring-of-the-moment thought which you ended up persuing?
Q) Will there be more?
It actually took quite a while to develop this as I work on social networks and competitions (CM represent yo!) so I had to find spare bits of time to work on it. The editors were really helpful though!
- Last edited on 07-Jul-2011 16:54:27 by ModáScorpion
Of all the monsters in Daemonheim, why was the Hobgoblin Geomancer chosen to play a major role?
He's just a bit weird isn't he?! I wanted a slave's perspective, but slaves are weak right? Not going to be very epic in terms of fighting etc, but I loved the idea of this resentful, absurd hobgoblin who was kind of simple but had deeper motives at the same time. Is he crazy? Is he stupid? Is he a cleverer than he seems? It was so much fun to write, he's a real enigma and you don't know what he's going to do next or why until afterwards.
- Last edited on 07-Jul-2011 16:58:55 by ModáScorpion