Forums

Make Oddments Permanent!

Quick find code: 366-367-685-65939587

of 9
UrekMazino
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2015

UrekMazino

Posts: 6,217Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NannyOgg said:
No support. There's little of interest in the shop for me, and the amount of coins you get normally can't compare to the gold coming into the game through high alching and bossing.

It's fine to come back for a while each year so those who do want things from the shop have a chance to buy them, and I do agree that the oddments should just stay in the currency pouch so people can save up for items they want, but it shouldn't be here all the time.

What if items of interest to you were added to the shop, would that sway you?

Also, when you said oddoments should stay in pouch so people can save up for when the shop shows up again. Do you mean that you're still allowed to convert to oddoments while the shop is gone or say the 10 oddoments you had remaining after the shop left is all you'll have until the shop returns?

The latter would feel really lame, and since you can't even remove it from favourites, you'll always see depressing 10 oddoments there that you can't spend but kinda don't want to destroy them for when the shop comes back.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas.

24-Jun-2018 11:05:04

NannyOgg

NannyOgg

Posts: 389Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
NannyOgg said:
No support. There's little of interest in the shop for me, and the amount of coins you get normally can't compare to the gold coming into the game through high alching and bossing.

It's fine to come back for a while each year so those who do want things from the shop have a chance to buy them, and I do agree that the oddments should just stay in the currency pouch so people can save up for items they want, but it shouldn't be here all the time.

What if items of interest to you were added to the shop, would that sway you?

Also, when you said oddoments should stay in pouch so people can save up for when the shop shows up again. Do you mean that you're still allowed to convert to oddoments while the shop is gone or say the 10 oddoments you had remaining after the shop left is all you'll have until the shop returns?

The latter would feel really lame, and since you can't even remove it from favourites, you'll always see depressing 10 oddoments there that you can't spend but kinda don't want to destroy them for when the shop comes back.


Maybe, but it would really depend on the item. I mean I bought the energised arm cannon and the Radalin sword and all their upgrades (already had the staff from the event), but that was only because I had the oddments anyways. I prefer the coins. It's not much usually, and I do not convert every price I get, I keep prismatics etc. for skills I really do not care about like Dung (it's a bloody minigame Jagex!), but it's a nice little bit of pocket money from daddy Jagex. :P

The oddments shouldn't remain as automatically favourited, that'd be really annoying indeed. But yeah, let those who want to keep their leftover oddments for when the shop returns, as it seems to be a recurring thing now. Just because I don't care if I lose leftover oddments doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice for those who do like the shop to keep theirs.

25-Jun-2018 23:39:12

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,274Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NannyOgg said:
Maybe, but it would really depend on the item. I mean I bought the energised arm cannon and the Radalin sword and all their upgrades (already had the staff from the event), but that was only because I had the oddments anyways. I prefer the coins. It's not much usually, and I do not convert every price I get, I keep prismatics etc. for skills I really do not care about like Dung (it's a bloody minigame Jagex!), but it's a nice little bit of pocket money from daddy Jagex.

The oddments shouldn't remain as automatically favourited, that'd be really annoying indeed. But yeah, let those who want to keep their leftover oddments for when the shop returns, as it seems to be a recurring thing now. Just because I don't care if I lose leftover oddments doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice for those who do like the shop to keep theirs.


Agreed.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

25-Jun-2018 23:51:02

UrekMazino
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2015

UrekMazino

Posts: 6,217Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said:
@draco how isn't it permanent when I'm still getting oddments every th reward I get?

Also support oddments are great source of metallic dragon trinkets

Because it will be gone in 5 days
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas.

26-Jun-2018 02:55:12

UrekMazino
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2015

UrekMazino

Posts: 6,217Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Jeremy Cheng said:
@draco how isn't it permanent when I'm still getting oddments every th reward I get?

Also support oddments are great source of metallic dragon trinkets

Because it will be gone in 5 days

Haha Sike! Did I say 5 days? I meant 1 day, the shop is still there for 4 more days but you can't earn anymore oddoments.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas.

26-Jun-2018 09:07:35

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,274Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said:
@draco how isn't it permanent when I'm still getting oddments every th reward I get?

Also support oddments are great source of metallic dragon trinkets


You do know how little sense this makes right?

Just because you still got oddments, doesnt mean its a perm thing.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

26-Jun-2018 12:47:52

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,563Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
No support.

Already confirmed by a jmod this wont happen:

Mod Mohawk said:
MangaFreak said:
will the oddments store be a permanent update to treasure hunter, or just for a weekend kind of deal.

These will not be permanent.


It's been confirmed by JAGEX that this will indeed happen! :)

Turksta said:
"Oddments store now available on a permanent basis"

"One of the frustrations we regularly feel from players is the inconsistent approach to how we make items available throughout the game. We are sitting on a vast back catalogue of items that Treasure Hunter (and Squeal of Fortune) which players can no longer obtain. Many that have otherwise been lost to time – outfits that were unfinished, cosmetics unobtained. This we want to change.

We have started work on a new lifecycle plan for all items."

___________
Finally. My feedback is being heard.
+1.

28-Jun-2018 10:39:17

Quick find code: 366-367-685-65939587Back to Top