Forums

Verified code transfer.Thread is locked

Quick find code: 309-310-308-65853393

of 2
CSSkye

CSSkye

Posts: 3,353Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit: Forum mods please lock.



Verified code transfer would allow players to move SGS, TH & Holiday items from one verified account to another. Via a code generated in game but sent to a players email.

It would require purchase-able tokens to transfer a single item to another account.
Both accounts would need to be verified as belonging to the player.

Once the code has been confirmed in the email, the player can retrieve the item from Diango on their second account.

Why this is needed - players often go through several accounts in their lifetime, and would like to have their old items on current accounts.

Potential problems - if coded poorly duplication bugs could happen, or the item could dissapear completely.

Benefits of the verication - Curtails trust trading, as you would have to be the respective owner of both accounts, and have been since account creation.

Thanks for reading.:)

22-Nov-2016 11:24:45 - Last edited on 12-Mar-2018 13:06:43 by CSSkye

Tophurious
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Tophurious

Posts: 8,119Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This would be absolutely amazing but couldn't it create some kind of market where people sell their codes? Even if it were against the rules selling these codes it would probably still happen and we may still have trust trading and crap like that. make sure you have personal protective gear before visiting here
Your one stop shop for what you truly need:)
The best place to find Anachronia item prices!

23-Nov-2016 12:19:32 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2016 12:20:18 by Tophurious

Axiomatic
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Axiomatic

Posts: 24,239Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tophurious said:
This would be absolutely amazing but couldn't it create some kind of market where people sell their codes? Even if it were against the rules selling these codes it would probably still happen and we may still have trust trading and crap like that.


How would they be able to sell codes if they gotta prove they're the owner of both accounts? O_o
Retro Dragon Claws Overrides

23-Nov-2016 13:09:06 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2016 13:09:34 by Axiomatic

Tophurious
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Tophurious

Posts: 8,119Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Axiomatic said:
Tophurious said:
This would be absolutely amazing but couldn't it create some kind of market where people sell their codes? Even if it were against the rules selling these codes it would probably still happen and we may still have trust trading and crap like that.


How would they be able to sell codes if they gotta prove they're the owner of both accounts? O_o


Maybe there's something I'm not understanding but I don't see why I couldn't just get a code and let someone else use it. Is there another explanation that might make this make more sense?
make sure you have personal protective gear before visiting here
Your one stop shop for what you truly need:)
The best place to find Anachronia item prices!

24-Nov-2016 08:03:06

CSSkye

CSSkye

Posts: 3,353Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
So you're saying this code would let me transfer my dragon ceremonial from nub to this acc?:o

Yes for accounts created with an email address.
I'm not sure if it'd be possible with really old accounts created with a password.

24-Nov-2016 09:15:31

CSSkye

CSSkye

Posts: 3,353Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tophurious said:
Axiomatic said:
Tophurious said:
This would be absolutely amazing but couldn't it create some kind of market where people sell their codes? Even if it were against the rules selling these codes it would probably still happen and we may still have trust trading and crap like that.


How would they be able to sell codes if they gotta prove they're the owner of both accounts? O_o


Maybe there's something I'm not understanding but I don't see why I couldn't just get a code and let someone else use it. Is there another explanation that might make this make more sense?


Both accounts would be verified as belonging to the owner. The email address would have to be identical, for both accounts.

24-Nov-2016 09:17:07 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2016 09:20:40 by CSSkye

CSSkye

CSSkye

Posts: 3,353Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pippyspot said:
It's an interesting idea, but realistically I think it'd be pretty complicated to implement, plus it would take up a lot of Jmods time verifying that accounts belong to the same person


The implementation would definitely be complicated. But then for the most part the system would run itself with automated verication, with exception to unique cases.:)

24-Nov-2016 11:32:52

Quick find code: 309-310-308-65853393Back to Top