Forums

Mining Guild Expansion

Quick find code: 380-381-397-65924240

of 6
Vanorne

Vanorne

Posts: 5Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
s1raw3s0me11 said:
If obtaining ore and coal is quicker and easier by other methods rather than mining then perhaps the problem lies in the other methods. This update boosts mining too much, it's almost insulting. It's like we're being treated like helpless infants.

I think this update looks to reinvigorate mining somewhat, not insult your ability to gather resources!

23-Jun-2017 02:28:48

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 14,445Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vanorne said:
Angel2D4 said:
Don't get me wrong Librarian, I fully support them offering what we got the votes for.. a game with no updates.. no dev team.. well, you know.
...


I feel like you're really embracing a 'victim' mentality.

I'd kindly remind you that the OSRS team is small in capacity and resource, so I'd urge you to give them some grace.

As indicated, they're working towards recruiting more developers which would ultimately lead to better results for the entire community.


I would "kindly remind" that no amount of devs is going to get jagex to offer stagnant servers so your comments are misleading and misplaced. They won't be looking to make 'every' group happy.. as I already said.

Your assumptions of my "victim mentality" are just that. Assumptions. Your further assumptions that I didn't already know the size of the team, should perhaps have been saved for someone who needed the information. Plenty of people here HAVE considerably more information than you seem to believe... though that would happen.. based on these few assumptions you made about me.
"The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people" -Martin Luther King Jr.

23-Jun-2017 04:16:34

Librarian 42

Librarian 42

Posts: 1,409Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vanorne said:


I'd kindly remind you that the OSRS team is small in capacity and resource, so I'd urge you to give them some grace.

As indicated, they're working towards recruiting more developers which would ultimately lead to better results for the entire community.


I am also not sure what 'grace' we are to give them.

Grace from misleading us (i'll be generous and not call then liars) when they did the original poll, from 'misleading' us when they told us constantly the game wouldn't go in certain directions.

Grace from telling us certain things couldn't happen in game, but they now clearly can.

I know everyone comes back with, it's only there if the super majority of the people want it. (also not true as certain polls have been ignored as well)

for those of us who voted in the original poll, and came back that first day, well, they have lost all chance of grace.

As Angel said, most have gone on to different things having been fooled twice, but some hang around here hoping that Jagex has the decency to do the right thing. We don't hold out that much hope.

And if in turn they do as you say, the new dev recruitment is for stagnant worlds, then I'll happily apologise until then, no, they don't get any grace.
thinks Jagex should honour the results of the original Old School Poll

23-Jun-2017 09:27:00

s1raw3s0me11

s1raw3s0me11

Posts: 2Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vanorne said:
s1raw3s0me11 said:
If obtaining ore and coal is quicker and easier by other methods rather than mining then perhaps the problem lies in the other methods. This update boosts mining too much, it's almost insulting. It's like we're being treated like helpless infants.

I think this update looks to reinvigorate mining somewhat, not insult your ability to gather resources!


If they want to invigorate mining then they should scale back ores and coal you get from loot. This update will depreciate the price of ores and coal and it's a slap in the face to those who worked hard to get their mining level up high.

23-Jun-2017 12:11:21

Librarian 42

Librarian 42

Posts: 1,409Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
s1raw3s0me11 said:
Vanorne said:
s1raw3s0me11 said:
If obtaining ore and coal is quicker and easier by other methods rather than mining then perhaps the problem lies in the other methods. This update boosts mining too much, it's almost insulting. It's like we're being treated like helpless infants.

I think this update looks to reinvigorate mining somewhat, not insult your ability to gather resources!


If they want to invigorate mining then they should scale back ores and coal you get from loot. This update will depreciate the price of ores and coal and it's a slap in the face to those who worked hard to get their mining level up high.


This is how Old School should work, unfortunately, most of the people playing it want it to work like RS3, with more buffs and rewards, rather than making people work for it.
thinks Jagex should honour the results of the original Old School Poll

23-Jun-2017 15:53:14

5r
Jul Member 2018

5r

Posts: 442Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The last time I went into the Mining Guild it was basically a ghost town.

Thank you for reviving some of the older content.
Reddit: ltsMeSam
|
Twitter: @JamflexSam

23-Jun-2017 16:02:19

Quick find code: 380-381-397-65924240Back to Top