Quick find code: 409-410-559-66103650
Same exact issue, here. I've been trying to log the times when I get booted to login, and it seems to happen to me between 14 and 18 minutes after every hour, e.g: 10:14, 11:18, etc.
I set a persistent ping to run in the background, and it's reporting the error:
"PING: transmit failed. General failure." every time the log-off occurs.
It's as if the connection goes into a state of non-existence, if that makes sense. But it only affects Runescape, probably because it needs a constant connection to run the game. (Websites and E-Mail, etc. only need to connect to download content, and a very brief disconnect wouldn't be noticeable.)
* I've uninstalled NIC drivers,, and reinstalled with the manufacturer's latest version to no avail.
* I've disabled TCP/IP V6 on the card's available protocols...to no avail. (Thought my system may have been trying to randomly utilize a non-supported connection to Jagex servers...HAHA.)
* I killed off every (DON'T DO THIS ON YOUR OWN PC...) scheduled task, as the disconnect timing led me to believe a corrupt task may have been causing a conflict with network operations, to NO AVAIL. Ooops
* I have, of course, flushed cache/DNS, rebooted modem/router, yadda, yadda...to no avail.
Oh - I'm running Java direct through the web-login @ the "http://www.runescape.com/game-applet" address on the latest version on IE 11 on Win10. Not the "install-able" Java client.
* I did have brief success (or so it seemed) by uninstalling the last 2 Windows service packs my PC had received from last month (May - when this all started)... but then figgin' Windows Update undid that. I just removed them again - I'll see how it goes, and post back.
All-in-all, it seems as if something is just killing communication, however brief. It's enough to kill the connection to Runescape, though, and it's irritating. Odd thing...I don't get the "Connection Lost" message in the game window - it just cuts to login.
I'm going to set a persistent ping running while I'm off-line with Runescape, and see if the problem is happening then, as well.
I'll try to post as soon as I learn anything more on this!
Have fun, and be careful...
3 hours-ish of non-stop ping (while not connected to RS servers) resulted in one block of
"PING: transmit failed. General failure."
errors...for a 7 second period. That's it, but it's the same error I was getting during Runescape disconnects.
My error may be non-related, or in addition to the other D/C's here. I'm not sure.
Back to hackin' away at this!
04-Jun-2019 20:44:32 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2019 01:39:58 by Lightfear
Traceroute would probably be more useful, granted the disconnection is intermittent.
In way of adding something, I get that error though when my LAN has lost its Internet connection. Usually because my gateway has died, in my case, and my machine is (therefore) not really on a network any more (I'm connected directly to my gateway, which also manages DHCP/DNS, everything else).
And tbh, every time some bugger comes and reports "forced logouts", it turns out they have a shite network. So this is what I suspect in these cases.
You get dumped to the login screen when your connection is lost, for an extended period of time. On top of that, the game builds a login session based on an IP address - if you've lost your WAN connection, when it resumes you'll often get assigned new IP address, which invalidates the old login session and usually forces a client restart. At any rate, in those cases it won't log you back in automatically.
Unlike videos, the game needs a constant connection - it doesn't buffer any player actions or such (because it can't), so it has minimal fault tolerance for shitty networks and pretty much none for an unreliable connection.
In any case like this, best place to start is with diagnosis of LAN connection, then WAN. Neither of you have posted ANY details about your network, yet that there's the issue is occurring.
05-Jun-2019 11:08:41 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2019 11:10:20 by Moneybucks
only playing on wifi doesnt do that to me.. or atleast not onto the log in screen
1st time it happens randomly after that its exactly at every hour after the 1st time
tried everything suggested and even whent to buy some fancy ass new cable nothing helped
this has been for over 2weeks now
05-Jun-2019 19:18:32 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2019 19:25:44 by A R G O X
1. Ping is a much faster way to pinpoint the when, then I can get to the where, then the why. If the symptom is replicated, it can be looked into further...
2. I did cover the; "In way of adding something, I get that error though when my LAN has lost its Internet connection." idea twice in my post, and have been running diagnostics locally (LAN) as well as on a broader scope (WAN).
3. it's quite unlikely that all of these people posting (as well as others that possibly aren't posting) "have a shite network" out-of-the-blue, and all at the same time...
Something is happening, or something has changed.
4. - 5. Covered in my post.
6. My LAN diags were thoroughly completed before any posting, to avoid wasting any time posting. This is an outside issue.
Perhaps it's only US clients having the issue, and the last hop to overseas is having intermittent issues, I don't know yet. But, we must all have something in common. That's what we're trying to figure out.
* Note: I have a strong suspicion it has nothing to do with Jagex's servers...
06-Jun-2019 18:15:38 - Last edited on 06-Jun-2019 18:18:50 by Lightfear
But as you seem to have it in hand, I'll leave it to you. Perhaps Jagex will post a response.
Good luck with your issue.
And by no means do any of us have this figured out, (as evidenced by the posts...) and your help/suggestions/feedback are all needed and greatly appreciated. (You do a huge help on these forums, thank you!)
So, please - if any ideas pop into mind, please do share. It's what these forums are about!
Twice in a round an hour
I was hoping the last game update would change something but it still seems to be happening.