Forums

Automatic Prayer Reactivation

Quick find code: 74-75-448-66105631

Anroy

Anroy

Posts: 816Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before I go into detail, I want to lay some rules as to the nature of Automatic Prayer Reactivation (APR):

1. Does not work with Protect Item
2. Stuns obviously will interfere as the player can't drink while stunned
3. APR should be toggleable.
4. Should work with last active prayers or, if impossible, quick prayers

APR is a suggested system that would add a mechanic to the drinking of a prayer restore (or similar) potion. When the player's prayer points drop do zero, drinking a prayer pot would automatically restore not just prayer points, but also the last active prayers that the player was using.

Why this suggestion?

Every so often when the player is afking slayer or paying half attention to something else, it gets fairly common that a players prayer points drop to zero. To get their prayers back up, players have to either toggle the prayers through the prayer window, click on the quick prayers icon, or press a key bound to that slot.

This suggestion would only save maybe 2-3 game ticks honestly, but it's during those ticks where the player has to spend some time to quickly activate their prayers instead of focusing on fighting and looting mobs and slayer assignments.

Please let me know what you all think about this suggest.

Thanks,
~Anroy

14-Jun-2019 14:41:08 - Last edited on 14-Jun-2019 14:42:40 by Anroy

Teutotes

Teutotes

Posts: 125Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anroy said:
Every so often when the player is afking slayer or paying half attention to something else, it gets fairly common that a players prayer points drop to zero.


So you want to encourage afking and paying half attention?

14-Jun-2019 14:47:16

Anroy

Anroy

Posts: 816Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teutotes said:
Anroy said:
Every so often when the player is afking slayer or paying half attention to something else, it gets fairly common that a players prayer points drop to zero.


So you want to encourage afking and paying half attention?



If it would make gameplay more enjoyable, then yes, I do. The bonecrusher makes the game more afk, but also less of a grind. That's the purpose of this suggestion.

14-Jun-2019 14:54:44 - Last edited on 14-Jun-2019 14:56:08 by Anroy

Teutotes

Teutotes

Posts: 125Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anroy said:
Teutotes said:
Anroy said:
Every so often when the player is afking slayer or paying half attention to something else, it gets fairly common that a players prayer points drop to zero.


So you want to encourage afking and paying half attention?



If it would make gameplay more enjoyable, then yes, I do. The bonecrusher makes the game more afk, but also less of a grind. That's the purpose of this suggestion.


Matter of opinion of course, but i don't see how is not actually playing the game makes it more enjoyable. My main gripe with this game is that it's already too afk.

14-Jun-2019 15:40:37

Hayamo

Hayamo

Posts: 392Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Didnt want to read whole post but I wouldn't mind if it automatically enabled recently used prayers after restoring prayer points. And turn of all by clicking Prayer icon. https://www.reddit.***/r/runescape/comments/a2uuzs

17-Jun-2019 13:44:04 - Last edited on 17-Jun-2019 13:44:23 by Hayamo

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teutotes said:
Matter of opinion of course, but i don't see how is not actually playing the game makes it more enjoyable. My main gripe with this game is that it's already too afk.


Even though i also like to afk, i can agree when theres too much of it.

No support.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

22-Jun-2019 13:41:14

Quick find code: 74-75-448-66105631Back to Top