Forums

Fossil Island: Will RS3 get itThread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-591-66074160

of 27
The contents of this message have been hidden

02-Jul-2019 03:15:21

Jon Stryder
Jan Member 2006

Jon Stryder

Posts: 7,372Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Yes, Anachronia is just the "spiritual successor" but not the real or actual Fossil Island.


The problem I have with this statement is what do you consider the 'real' or 'actual' fossil Island? I suspect there is an important omission in that statement and what you actually mean is:

Anachronia is not the OSRS fossil island.

But it never was. RS3 was never going to get OSRS Fossil Island. The games are too different, and what works in OSRS simply doesn't fit in RS3's narrative. Fossil Island simply does not currently exist in RS3, so there is nothing to compare Anachronia to.

To say Anachronia is not RS3 fossil Island simply because it doesn't match OSRS fossil Island is a fallacy.
–= MEGA Construction Rework =–

Freeform Buildings, Surface World Plots, Community Involvement, Environments, Skills and much, much more...!

02-Jul-2019 19:36:11 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2019 19:37:40 by Jon Stryder

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,429Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jon Stryder said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Yes, Anachronia is just the "spiritual successor" but not the real or actual Fossil Island.


The problem I have with this statement is what do you consider the 'real' or 'actual' fossil Island? I suspect there is an important omission in that statement and what you actually mean is:

Anachronia is not the OSRS fossil island.

But it never was. RS3 was never going to get OSRS Fossil Island. The games are too different, and what works in OSRS simply doesn't fit in RS3's narrative. Fossil Island simply does not currently exist in RS3, so there is nothing to compare Anachronia to.

To say Anachronia is not RS3 fossil Island simply because it doesn't match OSRS fossil Island is a fallacy.


If you really really care that much about what Jagex meant by Anachronia is the "spiritual successor" of Fossil Island, here is what I think:

The island shaped like and at the location of the current OSRS Fossil Island is still there east of mid Wildy and hasn't been discovered in RS3 yet.

The barge is going to Anachrona, north of Daemonheim, high up the wildy. It is the spiritual successor of the OSRS Fossil Island in the way that both share the same "spiritual" theme - Lands Out of Time.

Do you really really care that much about just the name of the islands if all the fascinating new content and lore on Anachronia are supposedly the players are going to enjoy?

Again, I have no problem if you really really think Fossil Island is not just the spiritual successor but the actual Fossil Island east of Mid Wildy, and it somehow moved quite a bit north and have utterly everything including but not limited to climate, weather, landscape, creatures, plants etc all completely changed. I just replied to you just that you asked but I really have no problem with what you think because I play the actual content that I see not what you think. :)

02-Jul-2019 19:52:13

Saint Benjy
Sep Member 2005

Saint Benjy

Posts: 1,908Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anacronia and OSRS Fossil Island are the same place, just scaled a bit differently. It shows what a difference perspective makes.

They look vastly different, but when you get into the core mechanics of them, they aren't so different. For instance, both have new ways of training hunter.

And while it's a little sad that the birdhouses and hardwood tree farming patched didn't get translated to RS3, they can always be added later. ;) . Theres more in store for Fossil Island.

28-Jul-2019 09:14:52 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2019 09:17:11 by Saint Benjy

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,429Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saint Benjy said:
Anacronia and OSRS Fossil Island are the same place, just scaled a bit differently. It shows what a difference perspective makes.

They look vastly different, but when you get into the core mechanics of them, they aren't so different. For instance, both have new ways of training hunter.

And while it's a little sad that the birdhouses and hardwood tree farming patched didn't get translated to RS3, they can always be added later. ;) . Theres more in store for Fossil Island.


Anachronia and the OSRS Fossil Island are definitely not in the same place. Everybody can check it out easily.

OSRS Fossil Island is east off mid Wildy. Anachronia is east off High wildy, above Daemonheim and the level 50 wildy gate.

Anachronia is obviously on top of the OSRS Fossil Island. :)

28-Jul-2019 17:22:27

UrekMazino
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2015

UrekMazino

Posts: 6,425Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Imagine still arguing about this when it's already been addressed back in page 1
Uncle Pob said:
The question was, will RS3 *ever* get Fossil Island. Your response assumes a literal copy-paste of the Fossil Island of OSRS, and makes sense in that context. However in reality there is no reason why a Fossil Island can't be added in the future.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas.

29-Jul-2019 08:00:46

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,429Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Imagine still arguing about this when it's already been addressed back in page 1
Uncle Pob said:
The question was, will RS3 *ever* get Fossil Island. Your response assumes a literal copy-paste of the Fossil Island of OSRS, and makes sense in that context. However in reality there is no reason why a Fossil Island can't be added in the future.


I don't see Uncle Pob arguing at all. I don't see who is arguing with Uncle Pob.

I don't think anybody is arguing except you, and I don't even know who are you arguing with. :D

The most current "argument" was made by Saint Benjy on Anachronia is at the same place as the OSRS Fossil Island, but TBH anybody can just log RS3 and OSRS to check the world map. Anachronia is definitely above the OSRS Fossil Island. :)

29-Jul-2019 15:53:39

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,429Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
I didn't say Pob was arguing with you.

I am not arguing with you.

How many assumptions are you going to make just to get to the high ground?


Can you please explain how your comment:

"Imagine still arguing about this when it's already been addressed back in page 1"


... has anymore discussion value to this thread if you can't tell us who is "arguing"?

29-Jul-2019 18:08:00

Quick find code: 16-17-591-66074160Back to Top