Forums

Another DXPW, just stop!

Quick find code: 16-17-649-66108709

of 5
Jodeceii
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Jodeceii

Posts: 337Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If Jagex wants to do a third DXPW then let them? you don't have to take part..don't even need to be on for that weekend. I'm pretty sure what they meant was that there is 2 specifically scheduled DXPW's any more in the year is a bonus.
19 99's and counting.


JOIN OUR CLAN IT IS VERY GOOD -
Lunar Melody

14-Jul-2019 17:08:32

Teutotes

Teutotes

Posts: 127Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Every weekend should be a double-XP weekend. Or better yet, let's make it MTX, a person can buy a ticket for double-XP weekend.

And while we at it, Jagex should consider selling max accounts, comps, capes, skilling pets etc etc. C'mon, no one wants to actually play this game anymore. We want to have a healthy life, be maxed and comped without any or with minimum effort. We pay, we say! Make it happen, Jagex, think about all the money you could make!

14-Jul-2019 17:53:34

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,688Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Double or Bonus xp weekends is a way Jagex distinguishes itself from the greedy MMORPG games like WoW and Final Fantasy.

Jagex could have just sold near max level characters, or reduce level caps like WoW, or even sell Story Skip, or in Runescape's case, Quest Skips, MQC/Comp Cape requirements Skips like Final Fantasy. But they elected to let the players gain fast track progress through their own efforts without paying real money. That's very ethical of them. :)

14-Jul-2019 18:05:40 - Last edited on 14-Jul-2019 18:06:07 by Dilbert2001

Teutotes

Teutotes

Posts: 127Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex could have just sold near max level characters, or reduce level caps like WoW, or even sell Story Skip, or in Runescape's case, Quest Skips, MQC/Comp Cape requirements Skips like Final Fantasy. But they elected to let the players gain fast track progress through their own efforts without paying real money. That's very ethical of them. :)


Don't be silly now. WoW and Final Fantasy are making great things with that. They are business, not a charity. It doesn't affect your gameplay in any way if everything is buyable. Smart people don't play, they pay.

There should be a law in RS that when you don't pay MTX for some time, you'll get banned. There's already 4 million new users joining just last year in 6 months, no one would notice a loss of those non-paying losers.

14-Jul-2019 18:51:56

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,688Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teutotes said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex could have just sold near max level characters, or reduce level caps like WoW, or even sell Story Skip, or in Runescape's case, Quest Skips, MQC/Comp Cape requirements Skips like Final Fantasy. But they elected to let the players gain fast track progress through their own efforts without paying real money. That's very ethical of them. :)


Don't be silly now. WoW and Final Fantasy are making great things with that. They are business, not a charity. It doesn't affect your gameplay in any way if everything is buyable. Smart people don't play, they pay.

There should be a law in RS that when you don't pay MTX for some time, you'll get banned. There's already 4 million new users joining just last year in 6 months, no one would notice a loss of those non-paying losers.


Jagex also have TH, Bond, Runecoins, Umbral Chests, Purple Skins to support their business. They don't have to sell all the other instant glorification gimmack like instant level 90 characters or Story Skips.

Good that Jagex is also giving other players other ways to get fast in game progress without paying real money, on top of the other MTX.

Runescape is about powers to the players - Players get powers through choices. Paying players get their powers with their money. Players paying less or even playing free also get their powers from all those optional ways to earn fast track in game progress. It is a win-win situation between the pay-to-win and play-to-win communities. :)

14-Jul-2019 19:03:48

Teutotes

Teutotes

Posts: 127Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Good that Jagex is also giving other players other ways to get fast in game progress without paying real money, on top of the other MTX.


Not fast enough, compared to pay-to-win community! That's why i suggested a double-XP weekend to be every weekend. Don't you want people to have a more free time to play other games or go out more often or whatever?

And quests and so on, many people hate questing, let people pay for skipping them. It's a waste of valuable time for many. Let them buy everything. Playing should be left for OSRS losers. Just imagine how much money Jagex would make. Wouldn't you be happy if Jagex makes more and more money? We could get more awesome contents like Menaphos and Anachronia. Only the sky would be the limit!

14-Jul-2019 19:57:21

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,688Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Teutotes said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Good that Jagex is also giving other players other ways to get fast in game progress without paying real money, on top of the other MTX.


Not fast enough, compared to pay-to-win community! That's why i suggested a double-XP weekend to be every weekend. Don't you want people to have a more free time to play other games or go out more often or whatever?

And quests and so on, many people hate questing, let people pay for skipping them. It's a waste of valuable time for many. Let them buy everything. Playing should be left for OSRS losers. Just imagine how much money Jagex would make. Wouldn't you be happy if Jagex makes more and more money? We could get more awesome contents like Menaphos and Anachronia. Only the sky would be the limit!


OK. Anybody can make suggestions, that's why they have Game Content Suggestion forums designated for both RS3 and OSRS. :)

14-Jul-2019 21:03:09

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 1,343Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wait until they add video ads to mobile that are so op will make us pc users watch videos ads on mobile just for the bonus xp gains.
----------------------------

Mobile Ad Viewing Rank Tiers

----------------------------


-each 10 videos earn you 1% extra xp ingame with a cap up to 3% but wait with our rank tiers update for ad views after each 120 videos your cap will increase, 20000 videos for max cap at 15%


-Want to add an x2 bonus to your Bonus Xp Weekend? Just watch all videos in this list from our partners ;)


^clearly a joke but think about it, we do things in this game that take 900k+ of the same actions, what is 20k+ 50sec videos ads while we afk? Sad truth....

16-Jul-2019 08:11:31

Fat N Wacky
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Fat N Wacky

Posts: 5,504Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XSlay4DeathX said:
Just wait until they add video ads to mobile that are so op will make us pc users watch videos ads on mobile just for the bonus xp gains.
----------------------------

Mobile Ad Viewing Rank Tiers

----------------------------


-each 10 videos earn you 1% extra xp ingame with a cap up to 3% but wait with our rank tiers update for ad views after each 120 videos your cap will increase, 20000 videos for max cap at 15%


-Want to add an x2 bonus to your Bonus Xp Weekend? Just watch all videos in this list from our partners ;)


^clearly a joke but think about it, we do things in this game that take 900k+ of the same actions, what is 20k+ 50sec videos ads while we afk? Sad truth....


Honestly, if I'm doing something fairly AFK, I wouldn't mind some video ads lol, as long as they don't mess with my XP rate too much.

I'd much prefer that to three DXPWs a year (it should be one, or at the very most two), or all the ridiculous TH promotions.
The best things in life are hidden. You have to seek them out! :D

16-Jul-2019 19:15:28

Quick find code: 16-17-649-66108709Back to Top