Forums

Orthen = Fossil Island?

Quick find code: 15-16-735-66101567

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uriel said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Orthen doesn't have to be an island, let alone Fossil Island, just like The Shadow Reef doesn't have to be, and is not, The Arc... and not even on the surface of Gielinor. ;)


That was already properly elaborated in the quest's narrative. Yeah, it is an island.


Orthen, which means "first
city
" in the language of the Dragonkin according to Charos, is a place on Gielinor.

20-May-2019 15:46:47

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Uriel said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Orthen doesn't have to be an island, let alone Fossil Island, just like The Shadow Reef doesn't have to be, and is not, The Arc... and not even on the surface of Gielinor. ;)


That was already properly elaborated in the quest's narrative. Yeah, it is an island.


Orthen, which means "first
city
" in the language of the Dragonkin according to Charos, is a place on Gielinor.

Also said to be an island to the north-east. Moreover we know that Kudos Island/Fossil Island has a Dragonkin connection. And now this massive Digsite rework.

I'd be very surprised indeed if Orthen wasn't the island.


I don't think either Charos or any dragonkin said of Orthen as an "island" anywhere in the game. Unless you think Charos is wrong, Orthen is supposed to be the original home
city
of the Dragonkin.

20-May-2019 16:20:13

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Lord Drakan said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Uriel said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Orthen doesn't have to be an island, let alone Fossil Island, just like The Shadow Reef doesn't have to be, and is not, The Arc... and not even on the surface of Gielinor. ;)


That was already properly elaborated in the quest's narrative. Yeah, it is an island.


Orthen, which means "first
city
" in the language of the Dragonkin according to Charos, is a place on Gielinor.

Also said to be an island to the north-east. Moreover we know that Kudos Island/Fossil Island has a Dragonkin connection. And now this massive Digsite rework.

I'd be very surprised indeed if Orthen wasn't the island.


I don't think either Charos or any dragonkin said of Orthen as an "island" anywhere in the game. Unless you think Charos is wrong, Orthen is supposed to be the original home
city
of the Dragonkin.

Can't check dialogue, but the quest journal at least says island. Also, see world map. :)


Nothing says the island Orthen in quest journal or the world map. :)

20-May-2019 17:05:34

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Johan Rayne said:
so is the update supposed to be a world event? was it supposed to be a 2 month we? if so how can it be behind a kudos wall?

is it permanent content? one that requires full kudos? or hidden behind a quest line as well?


I believe your questions can only be answered when Jagex reveal the REAL summer content and such. It won't be long though.

For now, some people are just guessing or even taking things out of context the way they like. ;)

20-May-2019 21:00:29 - Last edited on 20-May-2019 21:01:10 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For those who are still guessing or hoping... let's me give you something more to think about:

The shadowish island on the RS3 map is east of NORTH of High Wildy, above the gate...

The OSRS Fossil Island is east of mid Wildy...

OK. Now you may comment or keep guessing... or hoping... ;)

20-May-2019 22:20:37

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uriel said:
Dilbert2001 said:
For those who are still guessing or hoping... let's me give you something more to think about:

The shadowish island on the RS3 map is east of NORTH of High Wildy, above the gate...

The OSRS Fossil Island is east of mid Wildy...

OK. Now you may comment or keep guessing... or hoping... ;)


Osrs and rs3 hold no lore or geographical association to each other. So comparisons between the two games weigh nothing.


So a RS3 island not named Fossil Island and is not on the same location of the Fossil Island in the OSRS version of Gielinor "is" Fossil Island?????

Why don't you tell me a tropical island near the equator = the North Pole? :D:D:D:D:D:D

20-May-2019 22:42:57

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Want to hear the idea how Jagex could explain where the barge actually went to a different island but the Varrock people thought it was "Foss..." I wrote up 4 months ago? :D:D:D

"Anyway, if the main or entire purpose of Fossil Island is just for a quest, perhaps it can be done that way:

After a tour to The Arc, the World Guardian is able to gain control of The Harbringer.... so they (think they) can go to the Fossil Island now.

Just sit back and you'll hear a tale. A tale of a fateful trip...Five passengers set sail that day for a 3 month tour, a 3 month tour....

Bummer! They saw Xau-Tak's Black Hand... and misdirected to another island. They think it is the Fossil Island they have long been looking for but in reality it is just an empty island with some quest items. Nothing of value at all except a few mermaids and the Quest Item. Disappointingly the Harbringer returns to Varrock and delivers the news of nothing to the museum."


Quick find code: 16-17-591-66074160

Page: 3, Post: 1

20-May-2019 23:17:42

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe what Jagex meant is they are not going to make Fossil Island in RS3, but it doesn't mean Fossil Island doesn't exist in RS3. It just is not going to be discovered by the players and any NPC in RS3.

I don't know how this new island thing is going to be made before the whole thing is shown to us. However, my story gave them a very legitimate lore to complete the Varrock Barge expedition story without actually having the players or any NPC to find the original Fossil Island. :D:D:D

And if the barge actually went to a new island in the shadowish spot added to the world map today, it most certainly is not the "Fossil Island" most OSRS players have in mind... and since the barge have sailed and the Varrock museum people thought they have found what they were looking for and that's the end of the tale of the Varrock Barge, and perhaps the end of the original Fossil Island in RS3. :)

20-May-2019 23:30:27 - Last edited on 20-May-2019 23:36:51 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
Dilbert2001 said:
I believe what Jagex meant is they are not going to make Fossil Island in RS3, but it doesn't mean Fossil Island doesn't exist in RS3. It just is not going to be discovered by the players and any NPC in RS3.

I don't know how this new island thing is going to be made before the whole thing is shown to us. However, my story gave them a very legitimate lore to complete the Varrock Barge expedition story without actually having the players or any NPC to find the original Fossil Island. :D:D:D

And if the barge actually went to a new island in the shadowish spot added to the world map today, it most certainly is not the "Fossil Island" most OSRS players have in mind... and since the barge have sailed and the Varrock museum people thought they have found what they were looking for and that's the end of the tale of the Varrock Barge, and perhaps the end of the original Fossil Island in RS3. :)
I already said they didn't half to be the same but osrs and rs3 lore stopped being joined at the hip a long time ago and also would they have gone to the trouble of the graphical and other rework just to end it with nothing else added! Also the whole kudos thing is supposed to guarantee on the (unfinisished mind you) boat(no longer a barge) the NPCs make that very clear!Also it being orthen and the dragonkin association could techinically allow them to say it's not really fossil island therefore their earlier post is still true! Plus if the island isn't going to be a thing why add it to the map! The fog is obviously there attract attention(although the transcript of desperate might also indicate it means it is indeed orthen!


Did you notice the shadowish cloud thing on the RS3 today is not at the same location of the OSRS Fossil Island?

20-May-2019 23:50:53

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Frobirdfrost said:
it does seem like they're teasing it pretty hard


Yes. You probably get teased pretty hard when Jagex uncover that "storm", "cloud" or whatever and it doesn't look anything remotely close to the "Foss... " in your mind.... and then perhaps you can tell everything "hey I knew it all along becaue that stormy cloud thing is not even at where Foss is". :P

21-May-2019 01:13:56

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Frobirdfrost said:
it does seem like they're teasing it pretty hard


Yes. You probably get teased pretty hard when Jagex uncover that "storm", "cloud" or whatever and it doesn't look anything remotely close to the "Foss... " in your mind.... and then perhaps you can tell everything "hey I knew it all along becaue that stormy cloud thing is not even at where Foss is". :P
Yes but this is because a lot of player still expect both games updates to get the same care and attention! Players have been asking for monkey madness 2 almost as long as the original quest has been out! No one expects osrs Elf City to look the same as rs3's elf city (and if it does people are going to complain about why the final quest and city took so long in rs3)!


OSRS Priff is still in the same place as RS3 Priff.

Jagex also said The Arc, Fossil Island and Zeah are all in the same place as the grand map of Gielinor shows, regardless of RS3 or OSRS. They are all in the SAME PLACES.

If some day when Jagex unveil the "island" the digsite worker talked about and the barge goes there but it turns out to be not the Fossil Island on the official Jagex Gielinor Map, it means they no longer has any lore left to go to the actual Fossil Island. :D

21-May-2019 02:04:26 - Last edited on 21-May-2019 02:05:24 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why does Jagex want to change their mind?

If they want to put Fossil Island on RS3, they can easily put it where it belongs.

The spot occupied by the Fossil Island in OSRS is absolutely available. Either Jagex put Fossil Island there or anything they put elsewhere won't be Fossil Island.

Are you going to tell Jagex and their merchanize store their official Fine Art Print of the Official Illustrated Map of Gielinor is becoming garbage just because they want to make another "Fossil Island" in a different location for absolutely no reason?

https://runescape.backstreetmerch.com/en-us/artist/runescape/fine-art-prints/900mm-x-600mm-map-of-gielinor-fine-art-print

I don't think so... absolutely no real world marketing reason to do that. :D

21-May-2019 02:26:30

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
No that's not what I meant not even close! I'm saying Jagex can change things afterward(The shrouded island certainly isn't on the map! Also I checked your link and it just says it shows locations from both games! That doesn't mean they would have to be in the same place in both games! And the map is absolutely lovely! My comment was meant to say things are not set in stone! Acheron is on gielinor somewhere!


"It shows locations from both games" mean the same locations. Otherwise there could be 2 Fossil Islands and 2 Zeahs on the same Gielinor Map. :D

Why would Jagex want to put Fossil Island in a different location in RS3 than OSRS anyway? No freaking reason. :D

21-May-2019 02:51:11

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Cinderlynn

No. Fossil Island lost to THE ARC, not Menaphos.

No. Mod Mark's idea on the original Fossil Island did not hint on it being a dragonkin place but just an island with only one dragonkin. Dragonkin are obviously in other places, most noticeably the dragonkin places are Daemonheim and the Dragonkin Lab. This will also be the answer to Uriel.

No. Daemonheim is no on OSRS's map doesn't mean that piece of land is not on the 5th Age OSRS Gielinor, just that it has been discovered and been utililized for any activities in the game.

21-May-2019 16:47:39

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uriel said:
Yeah sorry meant the Ark. Same poll though.

But YES, it was hinted to be part of Dragonkin lore/association. A lore livestream in 2012 even confirmed so. Source: youtube, /watch?v=WQg_xYVKQJY


Mod Mark clearly said Only One Dragonkin on the then Fossil Island. He was asked "Dragonkin, how many". He said "One". Then he was asked "Just one?". He replied, "Yes, Just One Dragonkin".

Mod Mark's idea of Fossil Island was obviously a place with only one dragonkin, not the "first city" of the dragonkin like Orthen.

21-May-2019 18:22:09

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
Dilbert one I didn't say most of that and the one dragonkin being there it should be noted is actually similar to the lore behind osrs fossil island!


So, if OSRS adopted Mod Mark's idea of Fossil Island, that was in OSRS.

However, in RS3 it is obvious even Orthen was Fossil Island, it would not be the original idea of Mod Mark with just 1 dragonkin. In fact, it would probably be the main camp of the dragonkin, not just a "city of one dragonkin".

21-May-2019 18:26:24

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
I never said it was the original idea! Just maybe the Rs3 interpretation of osrs's fossil island!


Obviously it is not the interpreation of OSRS's Fossil Island.

Again, even if there was a RS3 Fossil Island and somehow it was Orthen, it would be the FIRST CITY of dragonkin and supposedly a very important base of that race or else Kerapace wouldn't fly there with The Needle. It would certainly not be Mod Mark's idea of an island or city of just one dragonkin.

21-May-2019 18:34:52

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Cinderlynn said:
I never said it was the original idea! Just maybe the Rs3 interpretation of osrs's fossil island!


Obviously it is not the interpreation of OSRS's Fossil Island.

Again, even if there was a RS3 Fossil Island and somehow it was Orthen, it would be the FIRST CITY of dragonkin and supposedly a very important base of that race or else Kerapace wouldn't fly there with The Needle. It would certainly not be Mod Mark's idea of an island or city of just one dragonkin.
Orthen is the location of his first lab and the crucible(whatever that is) that kerapac needs for his plan is there and needs to be repaired that's why he went there! And perhaps there's only one because it's abandoned! Even kerapac doesn't normally live there! Maybe he's going to use the crucible to repair the Needle(Memories having guthix saying it was broken)!


Don't forget Kerapac's son is there too. At least there have been Kerapace and his son in the "First City" of Dragonkin, not only ONE dragonkin on Mod Mark's passion Fossil Island project. :)

21-May-2019 18:55:57

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
Also saying that there is only one dragonkin there could mean that there is only one living there now! Doesn't necessarily mean there was always only one and Mod Mark never really elaborated beyond that!


So what are you suggesting about Mod Mark's plan on his passion Fossil Island? To sum it all up for you, you have been saying through different assumptions of your own that Fossil Island = Orthen and there will be just one dragonkin there.

Let's just say if Kerapace would be the LONE dragonkin in Orthen just to give you the reason to say "Oh! That's the Fossil Island Mod Mark said of", then what? Would Kerapac's son and other dragonkin be so stupid not to go there?

21-May-2019 19:33:49

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Other players have different theories on what the new "island" would be actually.

One particularly interesting and possible theory is it is actually not an island but a hint on a the weather system Jagex has talked about in Runefest but eventually "shelved". It is possible it is just storms.

21-May-2019 20:36:33

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
It just occurred to me that maybe the answer to the question which at the time was will osrs content appear rs3 was just a red herring! I mean osrs has lots of exclusive content why was no Fossil Island singled out for the answer! Maybe that was Jagex teasing this!


AFAIK, RS3 Jmods don't distinguish RS3 content from OSRS's. They may implement things differently though.

When they said "No. Not Fossil Island" in the stream, they also said they were looking into other OSRS content in construction and such but they would rather make their own construction rework if they would implement things like that.

I don't think they mean absolutely there won't be a new island with some some fossils on it in RS3 but even so it would not make it the OSRS Fossil Island... and evidently both the location and name of the new RS3 "island" would not be the same as the Fossil Island in OSRS. Story-wise, obviously there there was no Orthen and Kerapac with The Needle there.

What I think is, even if the island is Orthen, everything else would be different than OSRS.

So what does this all add up to? Well, the barge would have sailed and ideas have been used on the new "Foss..." so even less ideas would be left for the original OSRS in RS3.

21-May-2019 21:48:08

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
How many times do I have to tell you I didn't say they needed to be the exact same thing But guesss what the NPC referred to it as TIFKAFI! So whether you agree or not that they can be the same thing that is what she said!And unless Jagex intends to never add another piece of land to the game that world map will eventually become no longer up to date


Of course, Jagex never said they would not add another piece of land to the game. In fact, if there are good ideas they will.

How many times do I have to tell you even if Jagex added The Land Out of Time to the north east of level 50+ Wildy, the origianl Fossil Island east of level 30 Wildy will still be on the Gielinor World Map for both games and that indicates the barge would sail to a different place they think is "Foss..." but the original one remain undiscovered.

21-May-2019 23:47:00 - Last edited on 21-May-2019 23:47:18 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jon Stryder said:
T
1...Size.

The cloud covered area is roughly the same size as the Lost Grove (or Varrock plus the grand exchange.) Assuming this represents the true size of the underlying island, then this would just about manage to make a decent sized jungle to explore. There is plenty of information about Fossil Island to give an idea of what sort of features and attractions the Island may contain. There is also lots of information available about the Dragonkin, enough to flesh out this idea of 'Orthen', the first Dragonkin city. But if you combine these two into a single location of the size indicated, then it all starts to feel a bit cramped, with neither idea being given the room needed to achieve the 'epic' status each deserves.

2...Story.

We know Kerapac is heading to Orthen to retrieve an item to set his plan in motion. This has the makings of an epic quest line. This started in 'Desperate Measures' and we adventurers are now setting off in hot pursuit. If this Land out of Time really is Orthen, then it is Kerapac's final destination, and what could have been an epic journey is suddenly cut short and becomes somewhat anti-climatic. Nobody is going to sing ballads about the time Jon Stryder hitched a ride with some archaeologists and arrived, unscathed, at his destination 10 uneventful minutes later. For narrative purposes, the journey is often more important than the destination, and I for one want Jagex to drag out this journey for a little longer.


1. A city is not an island. If there aren't a lot of activities in the island or they implement Orthen like the city in Goshima then it is not cramped. I think the epicness may come from the lore, story, quests, exploration and maybe some instanced activities (bosses, ED, etc) rather than old school skilling locations. It is not cramped at all then.

2. I believe the ancient secret lies on either the Glistening Gem or the Black Pebble from Kranon's Ancient Journal.

22-May-2019 21:28:13

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mighty said:
Jon Stryder said:

2...Story.

We know Kerapac is heading to Orthen to retrieve an item to set his plan in motion. This has the makings of an epic quest line. This started in 'Desperate Measures' and we adventurers are now setting off in hot pursuit. If this Land out of Time really is Orthen, then it is Kerapac's final destination, and what could have been an epic journey is suddenly cut short and becomes somewhat anti-climatic. Nobody is going to sing ballads about the time Jon Stryder hitched a ride with some archaeologists and arrived, unscathed, at his destination 10 uneventful minutes later. For narrative purposes, the journey is often more important than the destination, and I for one want Jagex to drag out this journey for a little longer.


You're forgetting that Kerapac is not (or at least, should not be, in my opinion) the main villain in this questline. The Elder Gods are going to destroy the entire universe if we don't stop them. Kerapac is nothing compared to them. I for one would love to see the sequel to Desperate Times (if it is indeed called "Desperate Measures", the Measure should be involved in some way :P ) be about Kerapac and end with his defeat, but at the same time setting in motion the necessary events for the future quests in the series to be about the Elders, not Kerapac. So going back to your original point, Orthen should be Fossil Island. :)


Actually there are no definite villains. The Elder Gods have their rights to survive so does the Dragonkin and every NPC in the Runescape multiverse. It is survival of the fittest.

Are lions villains because they have to kill and eat their preys or they have to always be heroes and starve to death?

24-May-2019 02:25:04

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Johan Rayne said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Quite clear to me already. Orthen is a city, not an island.

Anachronia is the island, it is not Orthen. Orthen may be a city on Anachronia or one that can be accessed via Anachronia.


what will be will be, until it isn't. and. the constant trend being: not being forthright with information or even changing it when they feel like it.

orthen has been referred to as an island and a city, orthen and fossil cannot be the same. orthen cannot be a city on fossil.

anacronia should be fossil.

this is jagex, so anything could happen, do you think that jagex pays that much attention to their own lore or that they feel an obligation to it?

so was the quest necessary for the island to be revealed? does the lore demand it now? or in the future? ( quest and content wise) not in a future past present sort of way. ( by using the needle).


Anachronia is Anachronia, not Orthen, not Fossil Island. This is the known fact official announced through Game Press.

Anything else is just anybody's guess.

In fact, I think Anachronia was originally designed to be an island close to the Equator equivalence of Gielinor instead of an island far to the North. The tropical-like environment, jungle, etc shows it should logically be near Karamja, The Arc or Entrana instead of North of the frozen Daemonheim.

This probably shows Anachronia might not even been the destination of the Varrock Barge in Jagex's original design. Perhaps somehow some people desperately wanted the barge to go somewhere to complete the museum story and they wanted Jagex to change their plan.

Anyway, Anachronia is Anachronia, not Orthen or Fossil Island. It is an island shown with tropical environment with announced jungles, shores and dinosaurs. So just relax and enjoy the Anachronia sunshine and probably the beach. :D

26-May-2019 21:42:19 - Last edited on 26-May-2019 22:12:18 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anachronia is Anachronia. That's all we know, and officially informed so by Jagex.

Anacrhonia is just referred to as "Foss..." by one NPC, much like Evil Bob said "I am Zar..." but what he meant was just "meow". Evil Bob is not Zaros much like the barge has gone to Anachronia and not Fossil Island. These are just some occasions Jagex tried to poke some fun at the players. :D:D:D

If you think Evil Bob is Zaros, that's fine to me, but shrug! In reality he is a "Zar..." without Zaros' powers.

Likewise, if you insist Anachrnia is Fossil Island, that's fine to me, but Shrug! In reality it is just a "Foss..." but nothing else. Just shrug!!! :D

26-May-2019 23:17:12

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Johan Rayne said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Anachronia is Anachronia. That's all we know, and officially informed so by Jagex.

Anacrhonia is just referred to as "Foss..." by one NPC, much like Evil Bob said "I am Zar..." but what he meant was just "meow". Evil Bob is not Zaros much like the barge has gone to Anachronia and not Fossil Island. These are just some occasions Jagex tried to poke some fun at the players. :D:D:D

If you think Evil Bob is Zaros, that's fine to me, but shrug! In reality he is a "Zar..." without Zaros' powers.

Likewise, if you insist Anachrnia is Fossil Island, that's fine to me, but Shrug! In reality it is just a "Foss..." but nothing else. Just shrug!!! :D


so you don't know if it is fossil, most likely or orthen, not likely. if jagex follows it's own story-line orthen should not be fossil. i don't know anything, because jagex. shrug

one of the points i make is that players are tired of being poked, shrug. it's too late for me. soon it will be too late for others. shrug.

reldo is charos, of course evil bob is zaros. shrug


As I mentioned, if you still believe Bob is Zaros, be my guest. Oh but then perhaps you may also want to think Zaros is dead in OSRS then. :D

27-May-2019 00:23:05

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Anacrhonia is just referred to as "Foss..." by one NPC, much like Evil Bob said "I am Zar..." but what he meant was just "meow". Evil Bob is not Zaros much like the barge has gone to Anachronia and not Fossil Island. These are just some occasions Jagex tried to poke some fun at the players.

"Formally known as Foss-"

Because Jagex is teasing the players by making a cheeky reference to its former name. Anachronia is the spiritual successor of Fossil Island. The "formally known as" makes all the difference when compared to the Bob example.


What? Bob evil said "
I am
Zar...". He didn't even say he was formerly known as "Zar...". He said that using PRESENT TENSE and yet we know either he is not Zaros or Zaors is dead in OSRS. :D:D:D

27-May-2019 15:43:12

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gazebo said:
As a side-note: did Jagex employ a Dutchie for these things ? Orthen is a Dutch city (ok, former city since it was annexxated by a neighbouring one) and "Lottie Reiniger" sounds pretty Dutch as well.


Not necessarily so as Orthen is probably just derived from Ortha which means "First" in Dragonkin languge according to Charos. I don't think Ortha has anything specifically to do with Dutch.

27-May-2019 15:49:55

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex announced the new island will be Anachronia, definitely not Orthen, Fossil Island, Isda whatever.

Jagex's in game lore from Charos also indicated Ortha = First in Dragonkin langugae. Orthen = First City. There is also no Dutch in Gilinor.

Likewis, Jagex showed clearly with facts that Bob is not Zaros, at leat he is definitely not Zaros in RS3. One may still think Zaros is the dead because of Bob the dead OSRS cat

But shrug! I can't help as there is no lore whatsoever regarding even the name of Fossil Island or Bob being Zaros in the game. Others can think whatever they want to think but it is all the content we players enjoy that counts. We know Anachronia comes with
new skilling activities
, jungles and shores and earth shaking dinosaurs but not swamps and tiny mushroom midgets, That's all matter and seem very promising already. :)

28-May-2019 17:08:54

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uriel said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex announced the new island will be Anachronia, definitely not Orthen, Fossil Island, Isda whatever.

Jagex's in game lore from Charos also indicated Ortha = First in Dragonkin langugae. Orthen = First City. There is also no Dutch in Gilinor.

Likewis, Jagex showed clearly with facts that Bob is not Zaros, at leat he is definitely not Zaros in RS3. One may still think Zaros is the dead because of Bob the dead OSRS cat

But shrug! I can't help as there is no lore whatsoever regarding even the name of Fossil Island or Bob being Zaros in the game. Others can think whatever they want to think but it is all the content we players enjoy that counts. We know Anachronia comes with
new skilling activities
, jungles and shores and earth shaking dinosaurs but not swamps and tiny mushroom midgets, That's all matter and seem very promising already. :)


There have been plenty (many) instances where original Dragonkin names were translated/renamed to modern names, either because the name was too old/primal, or simply forgotten. Too many instances to refute that Anachronia is Orthen in modern namesake.


I don't think Anachronia (an island) is Orthen (a city), but I don't think Dragonkin names were translated/renamed to modern names. Kerapac may sound like a modern name the others have prehistoric names.

29-May-2019 22:34:11

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex announced the new island will be Anachronia, definitely not Orthen, Fossil Island, Isda whatever.

Jagex's in game lore from Charos also indicated Ortha = First in Dragonkin langugae. Orthen = First City. There is also no Dutch in Gilinor.

Likewis, Jagex showed clearly with facts that Bob is not Zaros, at leat he is definitely not Zaros in RS3. One may still think Zaros is the dead because of Bob the dead OSRS cat

But shrug! I can't help as there is no lore whatsoever regarding even the name of Fossil Island or Bob being Zaros in the game. Others can think whatever they want to think but it is all the content we players enjoy that counts. We know Anachronia comes with
new skilling activities
, jungles and shores and earth shaking dinosaurs but not swamps and tiny mushroom midgets, That's all matter and seem very promising already. :)

Still not impossible.

Anachronia = name of island
Orthen = name of city on island

Not sure why you're still talking about Bob when I've already shown its a different case.


Anachronia is the island, Orthen is not that island. No matter how you look at it, Anachronia can't be Orthen.

I was talking to Uriel, not you, about Bob. I have no further interest to talk to you reagarding Bob anymore other than what I have said to you - Bob is dead in OSRS and he is absolutely not Zaros at least in RS3. Thank you. :)

30-May-2019 17:50:26

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Must I always remind you that you're taking on a public forum and not a private DM. And you've just repeated yourself on the naming thing, it still doesn't rule out the possibility that a city on the island could be named Orthen


On Page 9, Post 6, I wrote:

"Quite clear to me already. Orthen is a city, not an island.

Anachronia is the island, it is not Orthen.
Orthen may be a city on Anachronia
or one that can be accessed via Anachronia."


Clearly, I pointed out Orthen may be a city on Anachronia but Anachronia can't be Orthen.

I am not repeating myself because my reply was to the others. As usual, you just jumped into my reply to the others and cried you have said this or that already even though what you "said" was also what I told the others. :D

31-May-2019 00:54:37

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Clearly, I pointed out Orthen may be a city on Anachronia but Anachronia can't be Orthen.


Thanks for repeating what everyone already knows, for the tenth time.


What? This is my reply to UrekMazino because he keeps asking the same thing. I am not trying to repeating it. :D

31-May-2019 01:58:13

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Yea, but I replied to your post on page 10 post 7, I'm talking about the statements specifically made in that post, which by the way, you were replying to Gazebo, no Uriel.

Have you been shitposting so much that you lost track of who you're replying to and which post the person is replying to?


It doesn't matter how many time you have been shitposting and it doesn't matter if I replied to Gazebo or Uriel but it doesn't change the fact that I posted clearly:


"Orthen may be a city on Anachronia or one that can be accessed via Anachronia."

31-May-2019 01:59:41

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Clearly, I pointed out Orthen may be a city on Anachronia but Anachronia can't be Orthen.


Thanks for repeating what everyone already knows, for the tenth time.


What? This is my reply to UrekMazino because he keeps asking the same thing. I am not trying to repeating it. :D


This is a public forum. If you have a message for UrekMazino's eyes only, try taking it up in-game instead of wasting space on a thread as a personal messaging service.

Otherwise, accept the fact that people are going to reply to your redundant statements.


You better accept the fact that people are going to reply to your redundant statements then. Thank for the comment. :)

31-May-2019 02:25:51

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Clearly, I pointed out Orthen may be a city on Anachronia but Anachronia can't be Orthen.


Thanks for repeating what everyone already knows, for the tenth time.


What? This is my reply to UrekMazino because he keeps asking the same thing. I am not trying to repeating it. :D


This is a public forum. If you have a message for UrekMazino's eyes only, try taking it up in-game instead of wasting space on a thread as a personal messaging service.

Otherwise, accept the fact that people are going to reply to your redundant statements.

Told him many times already, he only makes this kind of reply when he knows he's in the wrong and can no longer defend his statement(s) but thinks that he can save face this way.


Keep resorting to personal attacks after failing to repeat numerous time the same thing won't change the fact:

All along I mean Anachronia is not Orthen. Orthen may be an island on Anachronia or one accessible from it.

31-May-2019 03:22:34

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
All along I mean Anachronia is not Orthen. Orthen may be an island on Anachronia or one accessible from it.


Anachronia is Fossil Island in the past, warped into the present.

Orthen is the original dragonkin city on Gielinor. It may or may not be on Anachronia, but it's certainly not an
island on Anachronia
.


We have gone through the Fossil Island part already. You can think whatever you like but just be happy to get totally different features like location, climate, inhabitants, landscape, game play, quest, lore and everything... and that's our Anachronia.

Sorry, meant to write Orthen is a city, not an island. Obviously an island on an island was a typo.

31-May-2019 04:47:38

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
Dilbert2001 said:
We have gone through the Fossil Island part already. You can think whatever you like but just be happy to get totally different features like location, climate, inhabitants, landscape, game play, quest, lore and everything... and that's our Anachronia.

Sorry, meant to write Orthen is a city, not an island. Obviously an island on an island was a typo.

Don't know what you're still arguing about when Miu has already explicitly agreed with you that Orthen is a city that may or may not be on the island of Anachronia.
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Clearly, I pointed out Orthen may be a city on Anachronia but Anachronia can't be Orthen.


Thanks for repeating what everyone already knows, for the tenth time.


What? I am not even arguing with him. I just corrected a typo - I meant to write Orthen is a city but have mistakenly written "an island".

31-May-2019 17:28:46

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,915Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said:
"You can think whatever you like but just be happy"


That sure sounds like just you were only admitting a typo, not like your comment had 2 parts.

You can keep feigning ignorance, but its gone on for long enough, lets get back on topic.


I don't think I need to educate everybody it takes two to tangle. Miu is not even arguing and I certainly am not arguing. Nobody is arguing but you just jumped into it and said we are arguing... Sorry if you want to go for your solo tangle... be my guest!

Keeping jumping in other people discussions and telling what you think that are totally irrelevant to the other people's dicussions obviously don't mean a thing. Thank you for your comment anyway. :D

01-Jun-2019 20:13:22 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2019 20:21:33 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 15-16-735-66101567Back to Top