Forums

It's Been

Quick find code: 16-17-587-66100472

of 2
Honeybadgerb
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Honeybadgerb

Posts: 304Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Imagine a world where people want a comp cape without having to complete the game or complete aspects from all areas of the game. What a joke. Free comp capes for everybody! Yet another useless cape in the game after this update lol.

13-May-2019 21:31:58

Rikornak
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 5,873Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honeybadgerb said:
Imagine a world where people want a comp cape without having to complete the game or complete aspects from all areas of the game. What a joke. Free comp capes for everybody! Yet another useless cape in the game after this update lol.


What is comp actually right now? Literally what you've described. Ignoring hundreds of pieces for actual completables, while having several non-completable achievements... for reasons. And a couple of those are now being removed - that's all.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

13-May-2019 21:34:41 - Last edited on 13-May-2019 21:38:51 by Rikornak

Honeybadgerb
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Honeybadgerb

Posts: 304Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said:
Honeybadgerb said:
Imagine a world where people want a comp cape without having to complete the game or complete aspects from all areas of the game. What a joke. Free comp capes for everybody! Yet another useless cape in the game after this update lol.


What is comp actually right now? Literally what you've described. Ignoring hundreds of pieces for actual completables, while having several non-completable achievements... for reasons. And a couple of those are now being removed - that's all.


I'm not saying that things shouldn't be added or some things taken away. But they are largely removing an entire aspect of the game from comp due to it being "too hard" for some. They continue to make the game easier and easier, and wonder why they have trouble with members sticking around. Comp cape should be something people are proud to own, not something that is easy to obtain by any players. Dare i say it should only be obtained by players that are considered a "complete player?" What a crazy concept that is.

13-May-2019 21:55:12

Rikornak
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 5,873Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honeybadgerb said:
I'm not saying that things shouldn't be added or some things taken away. But they are largely removing an entire aspect of the game from comp due to it being "too hard" for some. They continue to make the game easier and easier, and wonder why they have trouble with members sticking around. Comp cape should be something people are proud to own, not something that is easy to obtain by any players. Dare i say it should only be obtained by players that are considered a "complete player?" What a crazy concept that is.


But the thing is - the reaper in it's current iteration is an achievement (thus it would've been fitting for those achievement based capes, that have now been scrapped), but it never was a completable (sure it is completable on an achievement layer, but bosses are no content that could be completed on the gameplay layer - but that's solely given the fact that every completable is also an achievement, but it doesn't work the other way around this time). Music tracks are completables (since you can only unlock them once), but plainly killing bosses usually isn't (unless you're getting something for the very first kill like that QBD journal or that free extra reputation in GWD2 - which most bosses also do not do).

Sure - bosses are content, but they're usually not completables - that was the very essence of those capes when they initially were released and since achievement based capes were killed now it is only consequent to fix at least the most pressing issues (splitting off the cape benefits so players wouldn't lose at once anymore and getting rid of the stuff that actually never belonged on the cape).

Believe me - I would have preferred those achievement cape for various reasons - alone the fact they would've allowed for some really insane end game challenges, but if those won't come to be they at least should fix the current broken mess.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

14-May-2019 05:14:41 - Last edited on 14-May-2019 05:15:17 by Rikornak

Rikornak
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 5,873Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe it's really easier to first fix the stuff and then thinking of how to introduce appealing achievement based capes - both to acknowledge dedication that goes past unlockables and completables and to have those milestones with stuff to do past the max cape. That three tier layer (+ three trims for combat/comp) wasn't that bad as an idea, but in a new thought the current completionist focused on completables could be something running parallel to the achievement route - after all it would be two additional milestones to pursue, since some players might like doing stuff they can complete, but aren't too interested in doing random achievements.

What do you think will be more prestigious? A legacy trimmed comp cape, that does, what it is supposed to do - or a t3.5 comp cape, that could require any challenge they could come up with - no matter how arbritary it even might be. Especially if something like the t3.5 combat cape would have acknowledged content like the golden warden.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

14-May-2019 05:27:00 - Last edited on 14-May-2019 05:39:15 by Rikornak

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 28,551Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you can't get the cape on your own, then the cape shouldn't be there.

We have a game mode that restricts some players from certain pieces of content because that content is "old".
We have issues with content that is "dead" and thus getting anyone to play it is a bigger challenge than getting comp itself.

I'm fine with the changes they proposed. I do consider the bloated project of 10 capes and all that to be outside the scope of what should be done.

Frankly removing the CW req and any under the hood changes would have been fine with me.

14-May-2019 05:45:57

Untrimslay
Sep Member 2016

Untrimslay

Posts: 1,139Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People forget this game was largely a PvP and PvM game. In fact, most of the PvM content is what has kept a lot of people going; look at Stream/YouTube, not many skillers on there are there? The reason OSRS is so popular is because of PvM/PvP.

Personally, it all boils down to money and who spend's it. I'd bet my account the majority of those who moaned about the req's are those pouring a lot of money in to the game. Why would Elite level PvMer's need bonds? They can just boss and make bank. Alot of bossers also dont care for 200m or 120's etc, so dont need to buy keys.

Ultimately, those who moaned the most, spend the most; its as simple as that. I've personally spent thousands on the game, and don't care for Comp/(T) Comp, so you'll never hear me moan. But i do have Reaper Title...

It's a shame to see the req's go, but hey-ho. C'Wars was a bit excessive to be honest. Maybe all Void would have been a better shout...?

14-May-2019 20:13:09

Quick find code: 16-17-587-66100472Back to Top