Forums

Fossil Island: Will RS3 get it

Quick find code: 16-17-591-66074160

of 8
Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,691Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:
Dilbert2001 said:
No. Fossil Island is not referenced in any part of the game.

Only the Curator in the Varrock Museum mentioned an island to the north of Mortynia. No name is given, and not even exact location of it and what is on it are mentioned anywhere within the game.
Pretty funny how you say there is no ingame reference to Fossil Island then bring up the ingame reference.

No it's not referred to as "Fossil Island", that is a placeholder name. Somehow everyone in the thread but you realised that.


Pretty funny you know Fossil Island is not referenced anywhere in RS3 but you still don't realize the "island" the Curator of the Varrock Museum refers to can be any island and it doesn't even have to be in the location of the "Fossil Island" in OSRS, let alone being called "Fossil Island". :D

17-Feb-2019 21:28:35

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 1,833Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Pretty funny you know Fossil Island is not referenced anywhere in RS3 but you still don't realize the "island" the Curator of the Varrock Museum refers to can be any island and it doesn't even have to be in the location of the "Fossil Island" in OSRS, let alone being called "Fossil Island".
Oh I 100% realise that, but "Fossil Island" is less of a mouthful than "the island the curator at the muesum talks about wanting to visit Island".
You'll get it when you deserve it.

18-Feb-2019 05:09:55

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,691Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Pretty funny you know Fossil Island is not referenced anywhere in RS3 but you still don't realize the "island" the Curator of the Varrock Museum refers to can be any island and it doesn't even have to be in the location of the "Fossil Island" in OSRS, let alone being called "Fossil Island".
Oh I 100% realise that, but "Fossil Island" is less of a mouthful than "the island the curator at the muesum talks about wanting to visit Island".


So you should realize we may never get Fossil Island or "put your place holder here" Island because even if someday somebody tries to explore the island the Curator mentioned, he may actually goes to "Here Be Mermaids" which is just some random island to the north of Mortynia but not the one currently in the Fossil Island location in OSRS.

19-Feb-2019 01:02:34

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 1,833Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
So you should realize we may never get Fossil Island or "put your place holder here" Island because even if someday somebody tries to explore the island the Curator mentioned, he may actually goes to "Here Be Mermaids" which is just some random island to the north of Mortynia but not the one currently in the Fossil Island location in OSRS.
Yes.
I see no problem with calling it fossil island or kudos island or whatever you want until an canonical name is released.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

19-Feb-2019 03:43:13

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,691Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:
Dilbert2001 said:
So you should realize we may never get Fossil Island or "put your place holder here" Island because even if someday somebody tries to explore the island the Curator mentioned, he may actually goes to "Here Be Mermaids" which is just some random island to the north of Mortynia but not the one currently in the Fossil Island location in OSRS.
Yes.
I see no problem with calling it fossil island or kudos island or whatever you want until an canonical name is released.


OK then. So you want to see an island with any name or no name, and no definitive features/content/lore about it? There are plenty of those island north of Mortynia already.

In that case RS3 already has lots of such "fossil islands" already. No need to wait anymore. :D:D:D

19-Feb-2019 17:29:45

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 1,833Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
OK then. So you want to see an island with any name or no name, and no definitive features/content/lore about it? There are plenty of those island north of Mortynia already.

In that case RS3 already has lots of such "fossil islands" already. No need to wait anymore
Yes. It's been teased and I want it. What is the reason for this expedition?

No other islands aren't the ones the Museum wants to visit.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

19-Feb-2019 17:50:57

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,691Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:
Dilbert2001 said:
OK then. So you want to see an island with any name or no name, and no definitive features/content/lore about it? There are plenty of those island north of Mortynia already.

In that case RS3 already has lots of such "fossil islands" already. No need to wait anymore
Yes. It's been teased and I want it. What is the reason for this expedition?

No other islands aren't the ones the Museum wants to visit.


LOL. What lore said the existing island are not what the Museum wants to visit? Just totally no lore. :D:D:D

20-Feb-2019 02:18:12

Cinderlynn
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2008

Cinderlynn

Posts: 959Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't remember where but either Mod mark or the former Mod MMG (back then I didn't know the difference between the 2) said that it was fossil island (then referred to by players as kudos island! Also suppose to be home to a dragonkin and claimed that we didn't have it because it would require lots of time and developers (equivalent to menaphos or elf city) and the island was an option in a player poll and old school museum was what became rs3 museum so I doubt the osrs museum island is a different island!

23-Feb-2019 06:01:05

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,691Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said:
I don't remember where but either Mod mark or the former Mod MMG (back then I didn't know the difference between the 2) said that it was fossil island (then referred to by players as kudos island! Also suppose to be home to a dragonkin and claimed that we didn't have it because it would require lots of time and developers (equivalent to menaphos or elf city) and the island was an option in a player poll and old school museum was what became rs3 museum so I doubt the osrs museum island is a different island!


Mod Mark said that in 2012 but was proven just a passion project and never being worked on by Mod Osborne in 2014:

"Draconis V - Are there any concrete plans for Fossil Island?

Mod Osborne:Not concrete. It's a Mod Mark passion project, so I can imagine it getting made at some point in the future. For now, nothing is being worked on."


http://www.webcitation.org/6NwfN3ESd

There was later a RS3 poll of The Arc vs Fossil Island.

The players said: "The Arc, I chose you!". So that's the last time Fossil Island was heard outside the game. Inside the game, there has never been a single word regarding "Fossil Island".

23-Feb-2019 23:47:27

Quick find code: 16-17-591-66074160Back to Top