Forums

RS Web Developers to Remove G+

Quick find code: 278-279-716-66076227

ValeWario
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

ValeWario

Posts: 457Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Request RS Web Devs to remove all relation to Google Plus as they are shutting down due to major security bugs:). Please do not endorse users goto Google Plus and remove it from all Runescape services thanks.

16-Jan-2019 03:43:45

Mod Lyon

Mod Lyon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Can you let me know where Google plus (and not Google) is referenced on the site please?

We're in the progress of doing some work on this for mobile anyway, but if there's specifically Google+ references that may yet not be included.
Jagex Web Team

Twitter - @JagexLyon

16-Jan-2019 09:46:00

Wormhole
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Wormhole

Posts: 43Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps the G+ icon under the "Follow Us" section of the homepage could be removed, and the official Twitch, Discord, and Instagram pages could get icons/links there instead.

16-Jan-2019 18:05:00

Mod Lyon

Mod Lyon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Oh. Yeah, we'll be removing that as necessary.

Will raise this and see if its actually on our radar to be removed soon

Wasn't explicitly written down somewhere, so I've done that and it'll be removed as such. I also posed the question about other options being added, so thanks Wormhole for the heads up.
Jagex Web Team

Twitter - @JagexLyon

17-Jan-2019 09:05:53 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2019 14:56:38 by Mod Lyon

ValeWario
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

ValeWario

Posts: 457Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lyon said:
Oh. Yeah, we'll be removing that as necessary.

Will raise this and see if its actually on our radar to be removed soon

Wasn't explicitly written down somewhere, so I've done that and it'll be removed as such. I also posed the question about other options being added, so thanks Wormhole for the heads up.


Runescape In Game Login has the Google Plus Login feature also. Will that be removed too?

Only Google+ Customers is shutting down due to security issues affected millions .

17-Jan-2019 23:57:47 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2019 00:05:44 by ValeWario

Mod Lyon

Mod Lyon

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
ValeWario said:
Mod Lyon said:
Oh. Yeah, we'll be removing that as necessary.

Will raise this and see if its actually on our radar to be removed soon

Wasn't explicitly written down somewhere, so I've done that and it'll be removed as such. I also posed the question about other options being added, so thanks Wormhole for the heads up.


Runescape In Game Login has the Google Plus Login feature also. Will that be removed too?

Only Google+ Customers is shutting down due to security issues affected millions .


That's an outdated icon that the game team have been told to update. Any login for Jagex services is actually a Google login. not Google+.

We are (and were) aware of Google+ shutting down.
Jagex Web Team

Twitter - @JagexLyon

18-Jan-2019 09:33:42

ValeWario
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

ValeWario

Posts: 457Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lyon said:
ValeWario said:
Mod Lyon said:
Oh. Yeah, we'll be removing that as necessary.

Will raise this and see if its actually on our radar to be removed soon

Wasn't explicitly written down somewhere, so I've done that and it'll be removed as such. I also posed the question about other options being added, so thanks Wormhole for the heads up.


Runescape In Game Login has the Google Plus Login feature also. Will that be removed too?

Only Google+ Customers is shutting down due to security issues affected millions .


That's an outdated icon that the game team have been told to update. Any login for Jagex services is actually a Google login. not Google+.

We are (and were) aware of Google+ shutting down.

Yea the Consumer version of Google+ is shutting down.

18-Jan-2019 21:23:08 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2019 21:23:18 by ValeWario

Quick find code: 278-279-716-66076227Back to Top