Forums

"Runescape Accounts Made"

Quick find code: 278-279-808-66039645

of 3
SW1FTSN1PR

SW1FTSN1PR

Posts: 56Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can we change "Runescape Accounts Made" to "Runescape Accounts Active/Inactive" for more accuracy in numbers? The 200 million+ accounts made, compared to the amount of players active/inactive in the system is way off.

How did I figure this out? I looked at the current amount of players online in both OSRS and RS3 and chose a number that would be realistic enough to represent our actual RS population -> 300k. Currently, there are 263,681,657 accounts. If you divide the total accounts by the estimated active RS population, that equates to not even 1% of total accounts currently active and playing. I assume the accounts made are a combination of: Active and Inactive Players, temporarily and permanently banned players.

I believe you, Jagex, should do an account wipe phase where all permanently banned accounts be wiped from the server so others could use names that might have been banned. I believe this would also allow Runescape to reflect more accurate numbers for actual accounts made that are legit and not banned (whether active or inactive). Just my two cents ^^

No one likes fake or exaggerated numbers, and Runescape's website here is a perfect example of an overexaggeration..... "We have over 260 million accounts made, but in reality we actually have approximately 300 thousand players playing the game (whether active or inactive)" . . . doesn't really paint a good picture

30-Aug-2018 23:42:37

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member
2007

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 59,846Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Actually we love made up numbers as yours are. In reality we have no idea how many are active accounts. I'm sure there are alt accounts and they may be just as active as the main player accounts. Taking the user online doesn't help your numbers as not every active account is logged in 24/7. Keeping them at a consistent sustainable level that they're are at would make me believe there are far more than 300k active accounts.

As to your comments about wiping accounts Jagex doesn't delete accounts even if perm banned. However they do display name sweeps every so often. These names are freed from inactive accounts and perhaps from some banned accounts dependent on what it was that got them banned in the first place. Some names while soft after are quite infamous. If those names are free to be taken that is notoriety that the account that now has the display name didn't achieve on their own so instant fame isn't something that Jagex doesn't want to see either.
~Tranq~
Reaping another soul from the ambient mortality
Need Forum Help (click me)

31-Aug-2018 13:44:15

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,718Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
http://file.finance.sina.com.cn/211.154.219.97:9494/MRGG/CNSESH_STOCK/2018/2018-6/2018-06-02/4491886.PDF

According to this, both runescapes have a total of ~765,400 members. Which is still less than 1% of that obviously botted total number they provide. However, the active user number is ~5,548,500. Which puts it a little above 2%.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

31-Aug-2018 17:18:36 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2018 17:58:13 by Miu

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 64,599Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
http://file.finance.sina.com.cn/211.154.219.97:9494/MRGG/CNSESH_STOCK/2018/2018-6/2018-06-02/4491886.PDF

According to this, both runescapes have a total of ~765,400 members. Which is still less than 1% of that obviously botted total number they provide.


Just saying, but that whole thing seems to be in Japanese/Chinese so how do you get anything from it?
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

31-Aug-2018 17:45:11

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,718Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
http://file.finance.sina.com.cn/211.154.219.97:9494/MRGG/CNSESH_STOCK/2018/2018-6/2018-06-02/4491886.PDF

According to this, both runescapes have a total of ~765,400 members. Which is still less than 1% of that obviously botted total number they provide.


Just saying, but that whole thing seems to be in Japanese/Chinese so how do you get anything from it?


The information is provided in a graph which measures in 10s of thousands and lists time (fiscal quarters), amount of users, active users, paid members, subscription value, and ARPPU.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

31-Aug-2018 18:01:16

SW1FTSN1PR

SW1FTSN1PR

Posts: 56Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tranq said:
Actually we love made up numbers as yours are. In reality we have no idea how many are active accounts. I'm sure there are alt accounts and they may be just as active as the main player accounts. Taking the user online doesn't help your numbers as not every active account is logged in 24/7. Keeping them at a consistent sustainable level that they're are at would make me believe there are far more than 300k active accounts.

As to your comments about wiping accounts Jagex doesn't delete accounts even if perm banned. However they do display name sweeps every so often. These names are freed from inactive accounts and perhaps from some banned accounts dependent on what it was that got them banned in the first place. Some names while soft after are quite infamous. If those names are free to be taken that is notoriety that the account that now has the display name didn't achieve on their own so instant fame isn't something that Jagex doesn't want to see either.


Eyyy a mod response :P I've always wanted to see one. Thank you for the reply and your kind response, I will keep it in mind for future reference and be sure to spread this knowledge to those who might have had the same question as me

31-Aug-2018 19:21:00

SW1FTSN1PR

SW1FTSN1PR

Posts: 56Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
http://file.finance.sina.com.cn/211.154.219.97:9494/MRGG/CNSESH_STOCK/2018/2018-6/2018-06-02/4491886.PDF

According to this, both runescapes have a total of ~765,400 members. Which is still less than 1% of that obviously botted total number they provide. However, the active user number is ~5,548,500. Which puts it a little above 2%.


Sweet, thanks for the numbers!

31-Aug-2018 19:21:36

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 64,599Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SW1FTSN1PR said:
Eyyy a mod response I've always wanted to see one. Thank you for the reply and your kind response, I will keep it in mind for future reference and be sure to spread this knowledge to those who might have had the same question as me


Yet she posted quite a while ago.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

01-Sep-2018 10:39:00

Quick find code: 278-279-808-66039645Back to Top