Forums

"being forced to PK"

Quick find code: 317-318-618-66120344

of 10
VasaTekVesp

VasaTekVesp

Posts: 615Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've noticed a lot of complaints that people are upset about being forced to PK to get uniques that were intended to only be attainable through PKing. How is this any different than being forced to PvM to attain uniques intended to only be attainable through PvM? Quit bitching about the problems you created by spite voting.

10-Sep-2019 20:04:56

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
pvm and pking are both combat. Pking is not pvm though. Different people have different reason for it. For example, some people just hate the idea of fighting other people.

In the very early days of the game, Andrew and others learned that the game was better off not forcing people to pvp. That lesson has been lost on the current game controllers.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

10-Sep-2019 20:14:06 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2019 20:15:47 by cooke fletch

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Despite what pkers want to believe, the vast majority of potential and current players in the game are not pkers. Nor do they want to be. Nor are they just "unaware" of how much fun it is. Nor are they afraid of it.

We just do not want to do it.

Why should a tiny group get huge rewards that the vast majority wants?
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

10-Sep-2019 20:37:37

VasaTekVesp

VasaTekVesp

Posts: 615Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
pvm and pking are both combat. Pking is not pvm though. Different people have different reason for it. For example, some people just hate the idea of fighting other people.

In the very early days of the game, Andrew and others learned that the game was better off not forcing people to pvp. That lesson has been lost on the current game controllers.


By that logic, some people hate the idea of fighting braindead robots. Andrew never wanted to force anyone to PvM either.
Quit bitching about the problems you created by spite voting.

10-Sep-2019 20:46:52

VasaTekVesp

VasaTekVesp

Posts: 615Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
Despite what pkers want to believe, the vast majority of potential and current players in the game are not pkers. Nor do they want to be. Nor are they just "unaware" of how much fun it is. Nor are they afraid of it.

We just do not want to do it.

Why should a tiny group get huge rewards that the vast majority wants?


And the majority aren't PvMers either. Why are we getting 2k coal for a 20 minute raid while taking a piss on skillers and beating any form of money PvP could ever hope to make in a lifetime?
Quit bitching about the problems you created by spite voting.

10-Sep-2019 20:47:31

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im not arguing with you, I am informing you why people do not want it. Non pkers outweigh pker quite a bit.

Rather than trying to convince non pkers to vote for them, pkers insult them for not worshiping them. That's why so many thing pkers want will not pass.

Pvmers don't usually insult others to get what they want. Skillers never do.

As I said, I am not trying to argue with you, just trying to let you know why people do not want to support pkers any more. There is an old saying, "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar". When pkers don't get what they want, they attack those that did not vote for them. This upsets non pkers. Saying that the reasons people had for not voting for something you wanted was not valid, just makes them mad and makes it more likely they will vote against you in the future, with or without a reason.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

10-Sep-2019 22:45:12 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2019 22:51:19 by cooke fletch

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Aren't there items that can only be obtained from skillings too? Can't we also say "PKers are forced to skill"?
Pkers have complained that they either had to skill or buy stuff from skillers for over a decade. Pvmers have done so for about 5 years or so.

Our jmods have decided there is no reason anyone should do any gathering skills and those that do should not be rewarded for doing so.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

10-Sep-2019 22:52:55 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2019 22:53:58 by cooke fletch

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,665Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Aren't there items that can only be obtained from skillings too? Can't we also say "PKers are forced to skill"?
Pkers have complained that they either had to skill or buy stuff from skillers for over a decade. Pvmers have done so for about 5 years or so.

Our jmods have decided there is no reason anyone should do any gathering skills and those that do should not be rewarded for doing so.


Skillers, PvMers and PvPers are all important.

If nobody gathers herbs and make potions, how are PvMers and PvPers going to get most potions?

There are certain things I don't agree with the Jagex though. For instance, why don't skillers make overloads but PvMers get them?

As to what kinds of players get what items, I think it is case by case, but one can't say they are being forced to PK or the other way around.

10-Sep-2019 23:09:40 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2019 23:17:13 by Dilbert2001

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its not necessary to gather resources because you can get them all from raids, revs or other bosses. They got so much at one point that it glutted the market so much it destroyed it. Pkers and pvmers had to complain about not getting the amount of gps from it that they were promised or they would not have stop ruining the prices.

All because pkers don't want to do skills. YET they demand we pvp to get things.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

10-Sep-2019 23:28:00 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2019 23:30:56 by cooke fletch

Quick find code: 317-318-618-66120344Back to Top