Forums

Achievement Banner

Quick find code: 74-75-115-66045821

of 3
Baddest
Nov Member 2018

Baddest

Posts: 216Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are a bunch of players that get the achievement banner only to place it where another player is standing to annoy them. Once the banner is placed over the other player, even if you right click, you don't know that player is there. When the player moves, the banner owner simply picks the banner up and places it on top of the player again. and so on.

Some players are abusing this, specifically in world 2 where you sell and buy stuff, and the people who are competing with you to sell/buy an item will place a banner on ya to make you invisible and prevent you from selling/buying stuff.

Can you guys update the banner so that they are unable to place an achievement banner where a player is standing?

Or, make it so that when they pick up the banner there is a wait time of let's say 5 minutes for them to set it down again.

Or, make players visible over the banner?

Thank you in advance

17-Sep-2018 23:41:26 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2019 05:56:44 by Baddest

UrekMazino
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2015

UrekMazino

Posts: 4,624Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Konota said:
What's wrong with placing stuff on players, unless it is pvp related...?
You and your e-date are not visible to others? who bloody cares.

Because its bloody obnoxious, that said at least the banners can be muted...
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas.

18-Sep-2018 11:38:22

Baddest
Nov Member 2018

Baddest

Posts: 216Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
it's not about you or your e-date being visible lol. The players are abusing this specifically in world two where you sell and buy stuff, and the people who are competing with you will place a banner on ya to make you invisible and prevent you from selling/buying stuff.

27-Sep-2018 01:42:35

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,283Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Baddest said:
it's not about you or your e-date being visible lol. The players are abusing this specifically in world two where you sell and buy stuff, and the people who are competing with you will place a banner on ya to make you invisible and prevent you from selling/buying stuff.


You can move to make yourself "visible" again, right?

27-Sep-2018 16:12:47

Baddest
Nov Member 2018

Baddest

Posts: 216Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Baddest said:
it's not about you or your e-date being visible lol. The players are abusing this specifically in world two where you sell and buy stuff, and the people who are competing with you will place a banner on ya to make you invisible and prevent you from selling/buying stuff.


You can move to make yourself "visible" again, right?


they can also just place it right back on ya

27-Sep-2018 20:25:10

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,283Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Baddest said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Baddest said:
it's not about you or your e-date being visible lol. The players are abusing this specifically in world two where you sell and buy stuff, and the people who are competing with you will place a banner on ya to make you invisible and prevent you from selling/buying stuff.


You can move to make yourself "visible" again, right?


they can also just place it right back on ya


Why? I don't care. I can afford a banner. I buy a banner. I can place my banner anywhere I can and I like to.

Other players can always move to where you stand. Other players can also drop items at where you stand.

I am sure Jagex won't change everything just to make you "visible" again. If you want to be "visble" again, you need to move, or else just be happy to be one of the players/items/banner/junk that occupy the same square. :)

27-Sep-2018 21:15:07

Quick find code: 74-75-115-66045821Back to Top