Forums

Make lamps/stars tradeable.

Quick find code: 366-367-192-66081816

of 4
Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think lamps and stars from Treasure Hunter should be tradeable.

Some people want them, some people don't.

It seems like a shame to let them go to waste by destroying them, or to cash out unwanted lamps or stars for extremely low amounts of money.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Let people sell them those treasures.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

07-Feb-2019 14:16:37

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,624Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Treasure Hunter is already too overpowered, and this would make it even more so. No support, sorry; it's better to remove it entirely. That way, you don't need to even worry about getting one man's trash. > )
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

07-Feb-2019 14:34:13

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could you explain how you feel this would make it "overpowered"?

EDIT: Actually, don't bother. You go from thread to thread stating that TH should be removed, thus, your opinion on this suggestion is meaningless.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

07-Feb-2019 15:18:11 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2019 15:20:00 by Nexus Origin

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,624Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said:
Could you explain how you feel this would make it "overpowered"?

Because people with obscene amounts of money to spend would turn your "one man's trash is another man's treasure" into a "huge lamp/star selling service". Treasure Hunter is already ridiculously overpowered exp/hour, and that is with lots of small stars and lamps thrown into the mix. Imagine what the exp/hour would be if people started selling tons of huge lamps and stars; an already ridiculous exp/hour would multiply even more.

(EDIT: Not to mention that because traded lamps and stars would no longer be random, people would skip the RNG involved in Treasure Hunter and just buy the specific skill lamps/stars from other players, which would also increase exp/hour dramatically.)

And btw, whether you like me or not doesn't change the facts. And the fact is that Treasure Hunter is overpowered compared to actual gameplay.
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

07-Feb-2019 16:06:56 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2019 16:11:29 by Blackwing

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks, but your reasoning on this is completely moot, since your agenda is to have TH removed entirely, and thus, you would say whatever you thought you needed to say to oppose any TH suggestions.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

07-Feb-2019 16:28:52

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,624Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said:
Thanks, but your reasoning on this is completely moot, since your agenda is to have TH removed entirely, and thus, you would say whatever you thought you needed to say to oppose any TH suggestions.

If something is overpowered, I call it overpowered, and if something is balanced, I call it balanced; it doesn't matter what the subject is, who presented it, or whatever else personal thing you can think of. Balancing is a core aspect of game design, and it applies to everything, even microtransactions.

I explained to you why I find your idea overpowered, and instead of presenting a counterargument, you decided to dig up my personal forum history, which just proves that your idea is so poorly thought out that you can't defend it when the first disagreement presents itself. At least be mature enough to admit that if you're going to reply back anything at all.
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

07-Feb-2019 16:47:08

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Again, like I said, your opinion on the matter is meaningless, as you outright oppose TH in every aspect, thus, anything you say can simply be attributed to your anti-TH agenda.

If you don't want people to dismiss your opinions based on previous statements you have made, then either don't make those statements, or don't engage in a topic where your previous statements would be applicable.

You outright oppose TH in every aspect, and have an agenda to have it removed, thus, I have no interest in discussing any TH related topics with you.

Have a nice day. :)
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

07-Feb-2019 16:52:54

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 62,341Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
Treasure Hunter is already too overpowered, and this would make it even more so. No support, sorry; it's better to remove it entirely. That way, you don't need to even worry about getting one man's trash. > )


Agreed to not making them tradeable, not removing.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

07-Feb-2019 22:06:19 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2019 22:06:55 by Draco Burnz

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 62,341Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said:
Again, like I said, your opinion on the matter is meaningless, as you outright oppose TH in every aspect, thus, anything you say can simply be attributed to your anti-TH agenda.

If you don't want people to dismiss your opinions based on previous statements you have made, then either don't make those statements, or don't engage in a topic where your previous statements would be applicable.

You outright oppose TH in every aspect, and have an agenda to have it removed, thus, I have no interest in discussing any TH related topics with you.

Have a nice day. :)


For once we can agree.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

07-Feb-2019 23:28:12

Quick find code: 366-367-192-66081816Back to Top