Forums

Awareness of HCIM Death bug

Quick find code: 15-16-877-66083380

of 2
Iron Falzar
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Iron Falzar

Posts: 2Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There was an issue where a HCIM that already bought jar of divine light died and permanently blocked from playing.Even if you (if you are a HCIM btw) already bought jar of divine light which turn your HCIM to normal IM after death,it seem doesnt work at the moment.I dont know how many JMod already review this bug.Mod Poerkie already review this from a player name
oodanteoo
in reddit but he didnt give any good solution as he suggested that player to submit this bug directly to Support Centre.Someone else in that reddit post also mention his clanmate got bugged like
oodanteoo
,bought jar of divine light but got blocked from RS3 as if you didnt buy jar of divine light.

So it is important for all HCIM community to play and stay safe until we get a clear answer from JMod themself.So please,I hope there will be some JMods investigate this kind of bug and give the answer to player.Imagine if you already maxed with HCIM and owned jar of divine light,then die to whatever and got blocked as if you never buy jar of divine light.

P/S:If you are reading this jagex,please give an answer about this bug.This could be major problem for HCIM.

14-Feb-2019 17:29:14

Evsmech
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Evsmech

Posts: 158Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support. Jar of divine light should be complelty removed from the game. There should be real consequences for actions. If a person chose to be HCIM then they should be locked out banned from the game on death. Why should a conversion to standard iron man be allowed at all? What’s the point of Hardcore if at a whim it can be converted to non hardcore? Utterly ridiculous

14-Feb-2019 18:12:01 - Last edited on 14-Feb-2019 18:13:43 by Evsmech

Shy My
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Shy My

Posts: 10Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Still a bug though with regards to what is part of the game currently. Thanks for the heads up. I don't own or plan on buying the jar of life myself as I wouldn't have the same experience in the game with it. I enjoy the thrill of hcim. 🙂

14-Feb-2019 18:57:28

Foxxie
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Foxxie

Posts: 1,921Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Do we actually have video proof of this, or is this just someone complaining because they forgot to buy a jar, and died?

Cause honestly, with this community, each are equally as likely. Someone go make a HCIM, buy a jar and die so we can see if this is a legit bug or not.

14-Feb-2019 19:45:07

Mini JIT
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 1,043Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Foxxie said:
Do we actually have video proof of this, or is this just someone complaining because they forgot to buy a jar, and died?

Cause honestly, with this community, each are equally as likely. Someone go make a HCIM, buy a jar and die so we can see if this is a legit bug or not.


Not that easy to just go make 100k on a brand new red skull account as you may think. The jar was a item you kept in your bank but later got removed and the process got automated so its hard to prove, customer service should be able to do it. For all you know even if it was a bug it might already have been hot fixed its not like j mods keep the forums updated lol.

15-Feb-2019 04:14:24

Serene Steel
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Serene Steel

Posts: 11,637Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mini JIT said:
Not that easy to just go make 100k on a brand new red skull account as you may think.


First thing I did on my HCIM was make 33,333 Arrow Shafts, sold them to a General Store for 3gp each, and buy the Jar of Divine Light.

Probably took like... an hour, tops.
The Steelweaver

World Guardian #835
Maxed 9/7/2016
120 Smithing 1/4/2019

15-Feb-2019 04:51:00

Iron Falzar
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Iron Falzar

Posts: 2Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just hope a JMod can confirm this issue.Not meant to be rude but mainscaper probably dont understand this situation so they will say anything like they dont care about this bug.Imagine like your account got perma ban for no reason and jagex say that not our fault.much like that

15-Feb-2019 07:24:11

Mini JIT
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 1,043Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Serene Steel said:
Mini JIT said:
Not that easy to just go make 100k on a brand new red skull account as you may think.


First thing I did on my HCIM was make 33,333 Arrow Shafts, sold them to a General Store for 3gp each, and buy the Jar of Divine Light.

Probably took like... an hour, tops.


Sorry but I don't believe you, 33000 arrow shafts is like 2200 logs no way can you cut that many starting with level 1 wc and bronze axe and turn them into shafts in a hour. Its not like you can go buy the logs from the ge. Its only recently you can cut higher level logs to turn into shafts and even then they take longer to cut so it cancels out.

15-Feb-2019 15:40:20

Evsmech
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2018

Evsmech

Posts: 158Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iron Falzar said:
Just hope a JMod can confirm this issue.Not meant to be rude but mainscaper probably dont understand this situation so they will say anything like they dont care about this bug.Imagine like your account got perma ban for no reason and jagex say that not our fault.much like that


I’m not trying to be rude either. But can you answer what the point of having a Hardcore Ironman account is?

By definition ~ an Ironman account is an account that encourage the player to be entirely self-sufficient. Ironman are locked out of most forms of interactions with other players such as trading, the Grand Exchange, most group minigames, PvP, and almost all other group activities. In addition to the above, Hardcore players have the added challenge of only having one "life". As soon as they die, their account is permanently locked. ~

Why then should there be an option for a HCIM to circumvent the one and only condition that defines the difference between regular Ironman and Hardcore Ironman? By allowing this to happen there is no such thing as a HCIM.

Jagex should either remove the ability to circumvent HCIM mode or just remove HCIM mode altogether from the game. Because after all it’s not HCIM it’s just regular Ironman mode with a different chat badge if death doesn’t lock the account.

Players who choose to make a HCIM should be permabanned when they die, period. Don’t like the prospect of that? Then make a regular Ironman account instead.

Being able to change account types as Jagex currently allows is just as ridiculous as if they also allowed a normal player to change their account to HCIM after maxing out as a normal player first. But hey why not? The precedent has been set! At least this bug actually causes the account to act In a manner as described by Jagex, one life.

15-Feb-2019 15:56:29 - Last edited on 15-Feb-2019 16:27:07 by Evsmech

Serene Steel
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Serene Steel

Posts: 11,637Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evsmech said:
Jagex should either remove the ability to circumvent HCIM mode or just remove HCIM mode altogether from the game. Because after all it’s not HCIM it’s just regular Ironman mode with a different chat badge if death doesn’t lock the account.

Players who choose to make a HCIM should be permabanned when they die, period. Don’t like the prospect of that? Then make a regular Ironman account instead.


You DO know a lot of people play HCIM Mode BECAUSE they have the option to go to a normal Ironman once they die, right?

Technically it's still HCIM Mode because it deletes every item you held outside of the three most valuable ones and locks your highscores in place permanently.

Having 1 life =/= locked account, IMO.
The Steelweaver

World Guardian #835
Maxed 9/7/2016
120 Smithing 1/4/2019

15-Feb-2019 16:36:39

Quick find code: 15-16-877-66083380Back to Top