Forums

Calling Dibs on Menaphos

Quick find code: 237-238-914-65908468

of 7
Kittyphantom

Kittyphantom

Posts: 12,382Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So Menaphos looks pretty cool. I'd like to stake a claim and try to get a roleplay group running there when it comes out. Can I do that? I don't see any other threads here. Is there a procedure, or...?

My strengths:

1) I am an undisputed expert on canon lore. The Scrying Pool will back me up as one of their foremost lore minds.

2) I'm an adept roleplayer as well, as those who have roleplayed with me will testify. I'm good at writing realistic dialogue (not so much descriptive actions or combat, though), as well as writing grounded, realistic, human characters that are not overly competent or "cool".

3) Tying in to this, I'm more interested in fun, lore-friendly roleplay than in the furtherance of personal power. I believe we can do some fun things, but I won't be trying to make my character the ruler of Menaphos IC. I'd obviously like to lead and organize things OOC, but within the story the Pharaoh is still the one in charge, not any characters played by me.
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you[...]For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?

05-May-2017 20:05:13 - Last edited on 05-May-2017 21:39:47 by Kittyphantom

Hazbollah
Aug Member 2019

Hazbollah

Posts: 7,678Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Calling "dibs" doesn't exactly work here - you have to prove that you use it when it's available. That's not even considering the existing Kharidian RP which I believe claims the entire desert - whether they actively use it, I can't say.

I'd also just like to address the first point about knowing canon lore. That's excellent to hear, but likewise it isn't as simple in the World 42 canon - there's been numerous expansions on canon lore in RP. One relevant example surrounding Menaphos is that the plague in Sophanem was cleansed. (Of course, it's important to consider that this is always changing with the addition of new questlines - so I suppose we'll see what the update adds).
All these sins disguised as blessings

05-May-2017 20:21:43

Bruce Willis
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Bruce Willis

Posts: 5,965Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I say we get literally anybody else to run it so this guy can't have it. Probably add it to the caliphate. ¸¤·.¸.·¤´˜¨Live and let Die¨˜´¤·.¸.·¤¸
¸´·¸.·¤´˜¨´¤·.¸.·¤´˜¨´¤·.¸.·¤´·¸.·¤´

"Something, something, inspirational quote." -Me, just now.

05-May-2017 20:23:25

Kittyphantom

Kittyphantom

Posts: 12,382Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazbollah said:
Calling "dibs" doesn't exactly work here - you have to prove that you use it when it's available. That's not even considering the existing Kharidian RP which I believe claims the entire desert - whether they actively use it, I can't say.

I'd also just like to address the first point about knowing canon lore. That's excellent to hear, but likewise it isn't as simple in the World 42 canon - there's been numerous expansions on canon lore in RP. One relevant example surrounding Menaphos is that the plague in Sophanem was cleansed. (Of course, it's important to consider that this is always changing with the addition of new questlines - so I suppose we'll see what the update adds).


Hmm, thank you. So if I move in after the update and start using it, I can basically earn "squatters' rights", as it were?

And hmm. I'll have to figure out what to do with the World 42 fanlore, then. I admit I don't have a response to this; I don't know a lot about these developments, and didn't even know the plague was considered cleansed in World 42.
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you[...]For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?

05-May-2017 20:25:52

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

Posts: 2,872Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alongside what was suggested above, I would suggest talking to the current PoK which oversees the rest of the desert, and claims the city out-of-character (though current in-character circumstances, as well as community standards, bar them from making any in-character claims on the city.)

I'm sure, Shawdow, the guy who runs the show in Kharidia, would love to hear your enthusiasm for roleplay in Menaphos as he too has plans for it. Maybe shoot him a PM or something, I know he'd be more than happy to work with you on it.

Also, here's a link to the Kharidia thread
Hi, I'm Dan.

05-May-2017 20:34:36 - Last edited on 05-May-2017 20:37:12 by Dansplainer

Kittyphantom

Kittyphantom

Posts: 12,382Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dansplainer said:
Alongside what was suggested above, I would suggest talking to the current PoK which oversees the rest of the desert, and claims the city out-of-character (though current in-character circumstances, as well as community standards, bar them from making any in-character claims on the city.)

I'm sure, Shawdow, the guy who runs the show in Kharidia, would love to hear your enthusiasm for roleplay in Menaphos as he too has plans for it. Maybe shoot him a PM or something, I know he'd be more than happy to work with you on it.

Also, here's a link to the Kharidia thread


Thank you! I appreciate the info and help. :)
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you[...]For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?

05-May-2017 20:38:08

Ptolemy Dean
Oct Member 2019

Ptolemy Dean

Posts: 4,000Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd rather support kingdoms moving toward NPCs and see an end to the whole POK thing. Nothing against you or anyone wanting to rule these places, but I think their time has come. "Ptolemos, the friendly, informative Mahjarrat."
Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak
.
Role-player and proud owner of eight Capes of Accomplishment.

05-May-2017 20:58:50

Kittyphantom

Kittyphantom

Posts: 12,382Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ptolemy Dean said:
I'd rather support kingdoms moving toward NPCs and see an end to the whole POK thing. Nothing against you or anyone wanting to rule these places, but I think their time has come.


Actually, Dean, I'm exactly the same way! (Part of my whole "lore accurate" thing). See my point 3 - I don't want to be an IC ruler. I'd like to lead a group OOC, but acknowledge the canon Pharaoh. This is similar to what the White Knight clan did under Sir Tain Def.
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you[...]For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?

05-May-2017 21:05:24 - Last edited on 05-May-2017 21:07:35 by Kittyphantom

Ptolemy Dean
Oct Member 2019

Ptolemy Dean

Posts: 4,000Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kittyphantom said:
Ptolemy Dean said:
I'd rather support kingdoms moving toward NPCs and see an end to the whole POK thing. Nothing against you or anyone wanting to rule these places, but I think their time has come.


Actually, Dean, I'm exactly the same way! (Part of my whole "lore accurate" thing). See my point 3 - I don't want to be an IC ruler. I'd like to lead a group OOC, but acknowledge the canon Pharaoh. This is similar to what the White Knight clan did under Sir Tain Def.
Oh I see. Go for it then... but everything in the grand library will be mine. 8F]
"Ptolemos, the friendly, informative Mahjarrat."
Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak
.
Role-player and proud owner of eight Capes of Accomplishment.

05-May-2017 21:17:53

Quick find code: 237-238-914-65908468Back to Top