Forums

Loarnab, Tolna, and Emotions.

Quick find code: 341-342-181-65783830

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So it's no secret anymore who Loarnab was. He was a hydra-turned-god that was ultimately used by Zaros to power a portal between Gielinor and Infernus, with the purpose of bringing the entirety of his demonic legions to Gielinor at once. It is stated that the four emotions Loarnab felt while being mangled and used by Zaros were as follows:
Anger
Fear
Confusion
Hopelessness
Sound familiar? It should. These are the 4 rooms in Tolna's Rift. In that order. The fact that this quest takes place right outside what would become Senntisten, where all of this occurred, is no coincidence.

So my questions follow.. What connection, if any, does Loarnab have with Tolna's rift? Is this just a nice little tie-in, or is it something more? Is the tormented spirit of Loarnab still around? Did Zaros use all of Loarnab's power in creating the portal? Is the rift simply something Loarnab left behind when he was tortured as such, his divine energy bringing his emotions to life? Could this be the spot where Zaros did this? Where is Loarnab's stone body now?

Discussion.. start!
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

25-Apr-2016 06:44:49

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One thing I forgot to ask was: Why haven't we been able to ask Zaros about any of this yet? Surely the player hasn't forgotten all the weird things that happened to them in that Rift? A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

25-Apr-2016 07:20:43

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jack Bowe said:
Also, I may be wrong as it's been AGES since I did A Soul's Bane, but as the "boss" fight, isn't Tolna in a form similar to a hydra?

Correct. He seems to have 3 heads.. well, he does have 3 heads. He claims that he was driven insane by an "evil power emenating from the area" and that his emotions were what caused the rift to change to express them.
I feel it's more likely to have to do with Loarnab.. The fact that Tolna was stuck down here caused him to feel the same emotions Loarnab did in his final moments, and that the "evil power" he felt was the remnants of Loarnab's spirit..
It could also have to do with the Asylum built not too far from the Rift. Of course, one could argue the people there were only driven more insane by Loarnab as a result.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

25-Apr-2016 08:13:12 - Last edited on 25-Apr-2016 09:22:01 by Sepulchre

AttilaSquare

AttilaSquare

Posts: 1,699Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We know of one other god who did not fully die and instead her power was somehow redirected to sustain a portal - Tuska. Maybe Loarnab clings to life in the same way Tuska does; perhaps he is not yet fully stone, and some living part of him remained to torment Tolna.

25-Apr-2016 15:01:17

Hguoh
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2014

Hguoh

Posts: 7,430Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AttilaSquare said:
We know of one other god who did not fully die and instead her power was somehow redirected to sustain a portal - Tuska. Maybe Loarnab clings to life in the same way Tuska does; perhaps he is not yet fully stone, and some living part of him remained to torment Tolna.


Considering the Dark Imperator (Loarnab) in Dimension of disaster showed some reaction when presented with certain stimuli, I'd say you likely just hit the nail on the head.

That being said, I'd make a bit of a clarification between Tuska and Loarnab's 'deaths.' For all purposes, Tuska appears to be brain dead, with her body slowly dying. When it comes to Loarnab, however, the opposite appears to have occurred (the body is dead, while the mind is slowly getting there).

25-Apr-2016 18:01:45

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said:
AttilaSquare said:
We know of one other god who did not fully die and instead her power was somehow redirected to sustain a portal - Tuska. Maybe Loarnab clings to life in the same way Tuska does; perhaps he is not yet fully stone, and some living part of him remained to torment Tolna.


Considering the Dark Imperator (Loarnab) in Dimension of disaster showed some reaction when presented with certain stimuli, I'd say you likely just hit the nail on the head.

That being said, I'd make a bit of a clarification between Tuska and Loarnab's 'deaths.' For all purposes, Tuska appears to be brain dead, with her body slowly dying. When it comes to Loarnab, however, the opposite appears to have occurred (the body is dead, while the mind is slowly getting there).

So what we're saying here is that Loarnab IS still alive (in spirit, and for the time being).. I wonder if he will have any impact on the future?
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

26-Apr-2016 05:00:14

A Mighty
Dec Member 2018

A Mighty

Posts: 2,231Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Probably not, since Jagex confirmed Tuska won't have any of significance...
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

26-Apr-2016 23:48:20

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mighty said:
Probably not, since Jagex confirmed Tuska won't have any of significance...
That doesn't mean anything for Loarnab.. That just means nothing important will happen with Tuska. Lol
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

28-Apr-2016 05:57:08

Quick find code: 341-342-181-65783830Back to Top