Forums

Xau-Tak: God of the Horrors

Quick find code: 341-342-37-65701262

of 98
AesirWarrior

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,054Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
About the V debate... It is of course possible that V never encountered Xau-Tak directly, but I don't think it's too unlikely that he could have survived. He had after all ascended. It's possible that, even though they are as fallible as mortals, the minds of the gods are more complex and powerful than we migh think. They might be able to comprehend concepts, or in this case beings, that we cannot.
-----

Oh and one more thing... The cutscene with Rabid Jack's death seems to imply he's
made some sort of deal with Xau-Tak, and that its the reason he's ressurected later on.

What's all this talk o' dead and finished? Don't ye know me? The sea knows me, and I've given lives aplenty to her. She'll not let me die now ľ or ever!

Does this contradict with the whole eldritch horror vibe, or is Jack just being dramatic and the truth is his crew has just been using Xau-Tak's dark slabs without any direct connection to the entity?
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

05-Aug-2016 19:39:22 - Last edited on 05-Aug-2016 21:25:00 by AesirWarrior

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,009Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Valancia said:
There is only one "God of Horrors" and his name is Saradomin.


/thread


Says a follower of Sliske :D
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

06-Aug-2016 11:44:48

LordáDrakan
Sep Member 2010

LordáDrakan

Posts: 6,727Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said:
About the V debate... It is of course possible that V never encountered Xau-Tak directly, but I don't think it's too unlikely that he could have survived. He had after all ascended. It's possible that, even though they are as fallible as mortals, the minds of the gods are more complex and powerful than we migh think. They might be able to comprehend concepts, or in this case beings, that we cannot.
-----

Oh and one more thing... The cutscene with Rabid Jack's death seems to imply he's
made some sort of deal with Xau-Tak, and that its the reason he's ressurected later on.

What's all this talk o' dead and finished? Don't ye know me? The sea knows me, and I've given lives aplenty to her. She'll not let me die now ľ or ever!

Does this contradict with the whole eldritch horror vibe, or is Jack just being dramatic and the truth is his crew has just been using Xau-Tak's dark slabs without any direct connection to the entity?

I highly doubt he actually struck a deal with a deity. More likely he found out about the affliction of the Cursed Archipelago, used it to not die, found Xau-Tak's old temple before or after the Battle of the Archipelago, rebuilt his fleet and reanimated his crew, and well, we know how it went from there.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. Minigames & ninja fixes & achievement ideas!

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
Ś Zanik

07-Aug-2016 11:25:37

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whether or not... HE (STOP SAYING HIS NAME) made a deal with Xau-Tak depends on if my theory based of the C'thulhu mythos is right or not. If Xau-Tak is actually trapped in the Underwater City like C'thulhu in R'lyeh, then it is highly possible that HE managed to make contact with, and strike a deal with, Xau-Tak. As for him saying "She[The Sea]'ll not let me die - not now or ever!" It could be he was trying to mask Xau-Tak's presence, or even that Xau-Tak had convinced HIM that Xau-Tak himself was a god of the sea, or something of the like. A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

09-Aug-2016 05:58:56

UrbanáRave

UrbanáRave

Posts: 1,456Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hope Xau-Tak looks like one of the Ancients.

Ulyaoth perhaps, maybe even Mantorok.

Just something that looks almost otherworldly, or just a form that almost seem beyond how we comprehend various beings.

16-Aug-2016 08:29:01

Lynxlynx
Jul Member 2015

Lynxlynx

Posts: 7,009Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrbanáRave said:
I hope Xau-Tak looks like one of the Ancients.

Ulyaoth perhaps, maybe even Mantorok.

Just something that looks almost otherworldly, or just a form that almost seem beyond how we comprehend various beings.


if Xau-Tak is something we can see
Support Rite of Passage, a quest about the aviansie, their homeworld and Armadyl Here
Oh dear... you lost The Game ;)
#teamblue

16-Aug-2016 15:35:51

Sepulchre
Feb Gold Premier Club Member 2019

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,505Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lynxlynx said:
UrbanáRave said:
I hope Xau-Tak looks like one of the Ancients.

Ulyaoth perhaps, maybe even Mantorok.

Just something that looks almost otherworldly, or just a form that almost seem beyond how we comprehend various beings.


if Xau-Tak is something we can see
I'm still hoping for a Cthulhu look.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate.

17-Aug-2016 09:53:51

Quick find code: 341-342-37-65701262Back to Top