Forums

Osrs as it stands today

Quick find code: 322-323-425-66108424

sq nite

sq nite

Posts: 4Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to ask for a part of the community, to get back one or two servers which are like the original release of Oldschool.

I've been told if I want to experience oldschool I need to go play on illegal servers to do so- isn't this sad? I am a returning player looking for the oldschool experience, and now I feel this game is further up than Rs3, so we might as well call it Rs4 instead of oldschool.

There is a lot of talk about this in-game and on different forums, - that people do not recognise this as what they grew up with, and I wholeheartedly agree with them.

I'm not asking you to delete all the work you've done the last 6 years, I just want you to make a test server and see how the community responds to it. This would mean the world to many of us.

Please hear us out.

#OSRSNOTRS4
"Truth is a mystery unraveled by the candles' flames."

01-Jul-2019 11:43:29

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,119Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sq nite said:
I would like to ask for a part of the community, to get back one or two servers which are like the original release of Oldschool.

I've been told if I want to experience oldschool I need to go play on illegal servers to do so- isn't this sad? I am a returning player looking for the oldschool experience, and now I feel this game is further up than Rs3, so we might as well call it Rs4 instead of oldschool.

There is a lot of talk about this in-game and on different forums, - that people do not recognise this as what they grew up with, and I wholeheartedly agree with them.

I'm not asking you to delete all the work you've done the last 6 years, I just want you to make a test server and see how the community responds to it. This would mean the world to many of us.

Please hear us out.

#OSRSNOTRS4


Sadly.. those of us who wish for this are a minority and jagex has already said they "don't want to do it".

They aren't interested in hearing us out.. if it were a success, they'd have to admit they were wrong.. much like the release of old school itself.

They seem to prefer the RS3-esque updates to actually listening to those who don't always agree with the super majority (the soon to be polled teleport animations are proof of that).

It's isn't going to happen but I 100% support the idea. =)
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

01-Jul-2019 16:48:13

sq nite

sq nite

Posts: 4Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
No support for any "frozen in time" scapes.


Care to expand on that reply? Why would it hurt- it might even bring more players to the overall playerbase if one extra world is filled up.
"Truth is a mystery unraveled by the candles' flames."

02-Jul-2019 13:51:57

ed789121main
Aug Member 2019

ed789121main

Posts: 314Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
no way, you are the minority and the whole point of Old School is preserving the feel, not casting ice barrage on the whole game. if you guys are the majority, then just vote no to every poll. but you guys are the minority, and Jagex is not going to spend all that extra money just so you guys can get bored of content after about 6 months.
VOTE
YES
TO WARDING

Let us lower Combat
try looking at my old school runescape suggestions wikia! just search for it on fandom and you should find it.

02-Jul-2019 18:55:19

sq nite

sq nite

Posts: 4Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ed789121main said:
the whole point of Old School is preserving the feel


Correct! and for some of us (the minority) the feel is long gone.
Hence why we aren't asking to set a full rollback on the game, just one tiny server that is officially release by Jagex as it was in the beginning. :) It wouldn't ruin your experience at all, it would only improve ours. I don't understand why you would be so against that.
"Truth is a mystery unraveled by the candles' flames."

02-Jul-2019 22:54:31

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,119Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sq nite said:
ed789121main said:
the whole point of Old School is preserving the feel


Correct! and for some of us (the minority) the feel is long gone.
Hence why we aren't asking to set a full rollback on the game, just one tiny server that is officially release by Jagex as it was in the beginning. :) It wouldn't ruin your experience at all, it would only improve ours. I don't understand why you would be so against that.


+1

I don't understand why anybody would oppose this idea. It wouldn't impact the game as they play it. They wouldn't have to play on that server if they didn't want to. And.. while we ARE a minority.. we are NOT the only minority. =)
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

03-Jul-2019 00:18:42

Awies
May Member 2018

Awies

Posts: 164Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oldschool at release. Oh boy.

It was fun for like 3 months, then it started to become stale.

Most content was only upto around lvl 75, and there was no group pvm. No godwars, no raids. Best gear was barrows.

Interface was absolutely terrible.

There was a reason behind why OSRS almost died in 2014 with like 5000 players online.

It would just endup another Classic Runescape that is filled with bots and no updates.
Remember, you are here for ever.

03-Jul-2019 20:00:25

Quick find code: 322-323-425-66108424Back to Top