Forums

Muslim and Judaism holidays!Thread is locked

Quick find code: 14-15-861-66101638

of 2
Guthixian
May Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Guthixian

Posts: 2,177Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Islamic (not Muslim)


https://www.runescape.com/forums/code-of-conduct
Paragraph 4, section 5.
Though politics and religion threads are now permitted, they will be moderated to a greater extent than other content as it is easier to cause offence and upset in those subjects.


I'd like some sort of celebration that celebrates Ramadan.
I'd like some sort of celebration that celebrates Hanukkah.


Christmas is a Christian holiday.!, and Christianity was never formed in the UK or USA it came from the middle east. Why is Christmas celebrated but not, Hanukkah.... Kind of seems wrong...

Thanksgiving is American.




Happy Ramadan to all my brothers and sisters out there!




DO NOT, DERAIL THIS THREAD
DO NOT CONTINUE TO POST (NO THIS /// NO THAT) READ THE CONDUCT RULES POSTED ABOVE., MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD!
https://www.runescape.com/forums/code-of-conduct
Paragraph 4, section 4.

DO NOT, POST ANYTHING UNRELATED.
DO NOT, POST ANYTHING OFF-TOPIC.
DO NOT POST, ANYTHING THAT STATES A SHORTENED RESPONSE.
(NO I DON'T AGREE, NO I DON'T THINK SO, NO I DON'T SUPPORT, I DON'T SUPPORT)
E.T.C this is against the rules and not constructive.... make a full constructive response.



[RULES ARE SET FOR THIS THREAD AND ARE BACKED BY THE FORUM RULES]

If the OP asks for certain things to not be mentioned, you must obey, go make your own damn thread!

Also if you do respond] please keep note, that I won't accept more than 3 negatives per a person on my thread, to me or anyone, as the rules I've listed are the rules of the thread!
And the game rules are that you must make your own thread!

Once you've made it to all 3 points, you must go make your own thread!

I AM ISLAMIC


===
List of people who have used, all 3 of their negative points.

DAIBHI = 3/3
= make your own thread.
PC: i9-9980X, Asus X299 RAMPAGE VI EXTREME, 2X 2080Ti , 128GB 3600mhz corsair dominator platinum DDR4, NVME 1TB x4 , 14TB X9 BARRACUDA PRO, 3X 32inch monitors, PSU AX1600i,

20-May-2019 20:39:20 - Last edited on 20-May-2019 21:36:30 by Guthixian

Thunder Jinx
Feb Member 2010

Thunder Jinx

Posts: 13,938Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, let's add Shinto holidays, Buddhist holidays, etc etc.

Now we only ever have temporary content and never any permanent content additions. Good job. Everyone will quit because there's no progress to be made with only temporary content.
Darkness rises when silence dies.

Save time and money
join
Fast Sc
friends chat for BXP across many skills!

20-May-2019 20:54:05

Guthixian
May Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Guthixian

Posts: 2,177Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thunder Jinx said:
Yeah, let's add Shinto holidays, Buddhist holidays, etc etc.


Buddhist holidays and other religious holidays would be great.
Shinto would also be amazing, as it's Japanese!
PC: i9-9980X, Asus X299 RAMPAGE VI EXTREME, 2X 2080Ti , 128GB 3600mhz corsair dominator platinum DDR4, NVME 1TB x4 , 14TB X9 BARRACUDA PRO, 3X 32inch monitors, PSU AX1600i,

20-May-2019 20:56:21

Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 1,018Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No.

Keep religion and real life out of runescape - end of.

Can't even believe I read this...

Also technically speaking Christmas isn't Christian, it was taken from the Vikings and twisted during the Christianisation of Scandinavia it's originally a Pagan celebration called Yule (Nordic, technically speaking..) if I remember correctly. The same way Halloween was taken from the Irish (technically Celts/Gaels) and was called Samhain and was a Pagan celebration.

Like I said keep religion and real life out of runescape.

20-May-2019 20:56:45

Guthixian
May Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Guthixian

Posts: 2,177Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Daibhi said:
No.

Keep religion and real life out of runescape - end of.

Can't even believe I read this...

Also technically speaking Christmas isn't Christian, it was taken from the Vikings and twisted during the Christianisation of Scandinavia it's originally a Pagan celebration called Yule (Nordic, technically speaking..) if I remember correctly. The same way Halloween was taken from the Irish (technically Celts/Gaels) and was called Samhain and was a Pagan celebration.

Like I said keep religion and real life out of runescape.

The Christmas one is slightly confusing, and thanks, but it's mostly regarded as Christian.

Also, you are basically asking to remove all religious things out of the game pretty much, even Christmas, and other things, even none religious like Thanksgiving and other stuff that may or may not be religious but are "REAL LIFE"

[Also if you do respond] please keep note, that I won't accept more than 3 negatives per a person on my thread, to me or anyone, as the rules I've listed are the rules of the thread!
And the game rules are that you must make your own thread!

:) Any how, thanks for the feedback!
PC: i9-9980X, Asus X299 RAMPAGE VI EXTREME, 2X 2080Ti , 128GB 3600mhz corsair dominator platinum DDR4, NVME 1TB x4 , 14TB X9 BARRACUDA PRO, 3X 32inch monitors, PSU AX1600i,

20-May-2019 21:01:09 - Last edited on 20-May-2019 21:02:16 by Guthixian

Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 1,018Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guthixian said:

The Christmas one is slightly confusing, and thanks, but it's mostly regarded as Christian.

Also, you are basically asking to remove all religious things out of the game pretty much, even Christmas, and other things, even none religious like Thanksgiving and other stuff that may or may not be religious but are "REAL LIFE"


If you want to get into the technicalities, it never was - it was twisted and forced into becoming Christian. The origins of Christmas is with the Vikings and Yule, it's only what most people know now because of the forced conversion from Paganism to Christianity during the Christinisation of the respective cultures.

The very same was done with the other example and many more. There are no real life religion references in the game in regards to holiday events - you are projecting them on to them. Christmas is about spending time with your family, presents etc. it has absolutely no religious context to it anymore for the majority of us, this also applies to the respective holiday event.

This is precisely why these topics should always remain outside of the game - you're lucky I can conduct myself in the way I am and not with someone who can't; which there will be many coming out of the woodworks if any such thing is ever introduced for any religion.

20-May-2019 21:07:39

Tenebri
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 19,543Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
no way too confusing to add everything. start adding more others will want in, then all dev time will be making holiday events not updates

however i can see this thread going off topic and just talking about religion... gl
Satan is happy with my progress

200m all on 7/3/19
My goals after 200m xp in all skills

20-May-2019 21:20:00 - Last edited on 20-May-2019 21:20:53 by Tenebri

Guthixian
May Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Guthixian

Posts: 2,177Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Daibhi said:
Guthixian said:

The Christmas one is slightly confusing, and thanks, but it's mostly regarded as Christian.

Also, you are basically asking to remove all religious things out of the game pretty much, even Christmas, and other things, even none religious like Thanksgiving and other stuff that may or may not be religious but are "REAL LIFE"


If you want to get into the technicalities, it never was - it was twisted and forced into becoming Christian. The origins of Christmas is with the Vikings and Yule, it's only what most people know now because of the forced conversion from Paganism to Christianity during the Christinisation of the respective cultures.

The very same was done with the other example and many more. There are no real life religion references in the game in regards to holiday events - you are projecting them on to them. Christmas is about spending time with your family, presents etc. it has absolutely no religious context to it anymore for the majority of us, this also applies to the respective holiday event.

This is precisely why these topics should always remain outside of the game - you're lucky I can conduct myself in the way I am and not with someone who can't; which there will be many coming out of the woodworks if any such thing is ever introduced for any religion.


It doesn't really matter what you may perceive something to be but the fact is, Christmas and such are still by standards religious created and based holidays!

But let's stay on topic, this is mainly for this stuff, not against, as I've stated, please make your own thread if you wish to make your own point of view.

I for one wish stuff like [LGBT, and Religious, and Political] stuff, would remain out of games because that's what they are GAMES, PIXELS, FOR FUN, FICTIONAL, NOT REAL!,
PC: i9-9980X, Asus X299 RAMPAGE VI EXTREME, 2X 2080Ti , 128GB 3600mhz corsair dominator platinum DDR4, NVME 1TB x4 , 14TB X9 BARRACUDA PRO, 3X 32inch monitors, PSU AX1600i,

20-May-2019 21:20:30

Guthixian
May Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Guthixian

Posts: 2,177Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said:
no way too confusing to add everything. start adding more others will want in, then all dev time will be making holiday events not updates


I agree in most aspects of what you are saying, and thank you for being constructive!

But as life is getting, and we are getting other political movements rammed in our faces, in real life... and we are getting called bigots on a daily basis for not accepting certain things, we may as well make everything like gaming [PC / Politically Correct]
PC: i9-9980X, Asus X299 RAMPAGE VI EXTREME, 2X 2080Ti , 128GB 3600mhz corsair dominator platinum DDR4, NVME 1TB x4 , 14TB X9 BARRACUDA PRO, 3X 32inch monitors, PSU AX1600i,

20-May-2019 21:22:07

Quick find code: 14-15-861-66101638Back to Top