Forums

remove staff attack req

Quick find code: 322-323-947-66081033

of 4
Doomofdawest
Dec Member 2018

Doomofdawest

Posts: 353Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
nvm was answered.


lol

I don't see you asking anything Draco?
/
How would you feel about the suggestion to have the items bonuses "unlock" as you get the proper level for it, so like: you can use a battlestaff at 30 magic or attack but to get the attack bonuses you need 30 attack and to get the magic bonus you need 30 magic, same with mystic, ancient, ahrims etc? maybe some staffs are kept strict needing both attack and magic lvl?
Ghad: struggling against the enemies of me boiz

26-Mar-2019 03:36:10

Doomofdawest
Dec Member 2018

Doomofdawest

Posts: 353Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Notcool97 said:
I don't support lowering the requirements of weapons just to suit specific account builds, especially when most weapons have certain requirements for a reason: balance.


would you then support having staffs such as steam, mud, smoke etc as like normal elemental staffs?

bc otherwise why should i have to train attack (melee) so that I can use a magic weapon only usefull to higher lvl mages? in other words items only used by mages force players to build a specific non mage type to use them.
its not about catering to a specific build as much as increasing the sensibility and accessibility of mage weapons.

AND its not balanced, as far as I know theres no lvl 30-75 gear for range or melee that has either a range/magic or melee(heavily used)/magic requirement I mean sheesh... karils crossbow only requires 70 range but ahrim staff requires 70 attack and 70 mage but the vast majority of magic weapons in that range have an attack requirement... like bruh and fr I get that there are certain staffs that are heavily used for melee and that they are intended for such use bc of their good melee stats peticularly the staff of light
dyek how many people would be tearing out their hair if they "balanced" it by adding a lvl 70 magic requirement to all melee barrows weapons and abyssal whip and most of the godswords as well as a same lvl attack magic req to the saradomin sword and hell just to add effect the granite maul (comparable to ancient staff)? I mean thatd be balanced in the same way that magic is restrictively balanced and it wouldnt cater to a specific build either (melee only)
Ghad: struggling against the enemies of me boiz

06-Apr-2019 09:32:59

Doomofdawest
Dec Member 2018

Doomofdawest

Posts: 353Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Doomofdawest said:


If I wasn't asking anything, why bother responding to what I posted?


bc u said "nvm was answered" and I wanted to know what your question was jeeze
Ghad: struggling against the enemies of me boiz

06-Apr-2019 09:34:10

Notcool97
Dec Member 2016

Notcool97

Posts: 984Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Doomofdawest said:
Notcool97 said:
I don't support lowering the requirements of weapons just to suit specific account builds, especially when most weapons have certain requirements for a reason: balance.


would you then support having staffs such as steam, mud, smoke etc as like normal elemental staffs?
Steam, dust and mud bstaves yes. Smoke, no. Smoke has an additional damage/accuracy % bonus so I see it as being balanced behind a higher requirement.

06-Apr-2019 11:00:01

Notcool97
Dec Member 2016

Notcool97

Posts: 984Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Doomofdawest said:
bc otherwise why should i have to train attack (melee) so that I can use a magic weapon only usefull to higher lvl mages? in other words items only used by mages force players to build a specific non mage type to use them.
its not about catering to a specific build as much as increasing the sensibility and accessibility of mage weapons.
To wield melee weapons and armour you sometimes need to train 2 skills, why shouldn't some magic weapons have similar requirements?

06-Apr-2019 11:03:42

bur0k 0bama

bur0k 0bama

Posts: 529Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Notcool97 said:
Doomofdawest said:
bc otherwise why should i have to train attack (melee) so that I can use a magic weapon only usefull to higher lvl mages? in other words items only used by mages force players to build a specific non mage type to use them.
its not about catering to a specific build as much as increasing the sensibility and accessibility of mage weapons.
To wield melee weapons and armour you sometimes need to train 2 skills, why shouldn't some magic weapons have similar requirements?


because it's melee not magic, that's different

06-Apr-2019 16:53:13

Quick find code: 322-323-947-66081033Back to Top