Forums

Totems

Quick find code: 15-16-973-66109885

of 3
ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 6,323Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Once you place each totem they only last 24 hours then you have to go back and reactivate them. Can we make these perm effects instead or recharge them without going back? The brightest ideas are the most undervalued.

09-Jul-2019 20:54:56

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said:
Once you place each totem they only last 24 hours then you have to go back and reactivate them. Can we make these perm effects instead or recharge them without going back?


No because offline game content is meant to be attended to once a while (like a day or hours).

09-Jul-2019 21:09:26

Skull-inky
May Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,869Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said:
Once you place each totem they only last 24 hours then you have to go back and reactivate them. Can we make these perm effects instead or recharge them without going back?


I thoughts you'd have to maintain them once a week or something, by having it daily it makes it seem the island is full of players, so can't see it changing.
royal society magazine

We would agree that regardless of the profitability of the loot box trade, the risks associated with them are worryingly high

09-Jul-2019 21:10:36

Skull-inky
May Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,869Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
ELITE STACK said:
Once you place each totem they only last 24 hours then you have to go back and reactivate them. Can we make these perm effects instead or recharge them without going back?


No because offline game content is meant to be attended to once a while (like a day or hours).


Where did you get that idea from? mobile games? this isn't a mobile game.
royal society magazine

We would agree that regardless of the profitability of the loot box trade, the risks associated with them are worryingly high

09-Jul-2019 21:11:37

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
ELITE STACK said:
Once you place each totem they only last 24 hours then you have to go back and reactivate them. Can we make these perm effects instead or recharge them without going back?


No because offline game content is meant to be attended to once a while (like a day or hours).


Where did you get that idea from? mobile games? this isn't a mobile game.


POP. Meg come back once a week. You have to check your ships daily for rewards and send them out again, and do a daily encounter for port reward.

You also do other dailyscape like WIld Jade Vine.

Some activities are just designed to need player input but not as a one-off event that gives permanent rewards.

09-Jul-2019 21:16:15

Skull-inky
May Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,869Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
ELITE STACK said:
Once you place each totem they only last 24 hours then you have to go back and reactivate them. Can we make these perm effects instead or recharge them without going back?


No because offline game content is meant to be attended to once a while (like a day or hours).


Where did you get that idea from? mobile games? this isn't a mobile game.


POP. Meg come back once a week. You have to check your ships daily for rewards and send them out again, and do a daily encounter for port reward.

You also do other dailyscape like WIld Jade Vine.

Some activities are just designed to need player input but not as a one-off event that gives permanent rewards.


Oh the dailyscape jagex said they were going to rework then shelved?

The logic that a totem can deteriorate that fast is moronic, it makes sense with ships as they are going on VOYAGES. this was done to keep people coming back to the island that's all, cos' they know it's dead content and nothing to do there that can't be done everywhere else.
royal society magazine

We would agree that regardless of the profitability of the loot box trade, the risks associated with them are worryingly high

09-Jul-2019 21:25:02 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2019 21:26:19 by Skull-inky

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Skull-inky said:
Dilbert2001 said:
ELITE STACK said:
Once you place each totem they only last 24 hours then you have to go back and reactivate them. Can we make these perm effects instead or recharge them without going back?


No because offline game content is meant to be attended to once a while (like a day or hours).


Where did you get that idea from? mobile games? this isn't a mobile game.


POP. Meg come back once a week. You have to check your ships daily for rewards and send them out again, and do a daily encounter for port reward.

You also do other dailyscape like WIld Jade Vine.

Some activities are just designed to need player input but not as a one-off event that gives permanent rewards.


Oh the dailyscape jagex said they were going to rework then shelved?

The logic that a totem can deteriorate that fast is moronic, it makes sense with ships as they are going on VOYAGES. this was done to keep people coming back to the island that's all, cos' they know it's dead content and nothing to do there that can't be done everywhere else.


They never said anything about "shelving" dailyscape. They are actually making QoL changes to enhance dailyscape. Don't you see they ADDED Elite Dungeons and Shifting Tombs to Dungeoneering daily challenge instead of shelving DG?

Players set their ships off POP because it is an offline minigame, not because it is the main content they play a game for. Likewise, if Base Camp keeps them to come to Archronia so they can enjoy the other activities, it serves the same purpose. The main content of Anachronia are still the all the hunting activities, agility course and mobs to slay as well as the stories and related activities yet to be revealed.

09-Jul-2019 23:01:36

Skull-inky
May Gold Premier Club Member 2017

Skull-inky

Posts: 3,869Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ugh, i had enough of you yesterday i can't be bothered to interact with you today.

Honestly you are mentally draining.
royal society magazine

We would agree that regardless of the profitability of the loot box trade, the risks associated with them are worryingly high

09-Jul-2019 23:03:14 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2019 23:09:09 by Skull-inky

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 23,775Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so difficult to get to.


¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
’
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

09-Jul-2019 23:07:32

Quick find code: 15-16-973-66109885Back to Top