Forums

Comp cape without reaper fix

Quick find code: 16-17-779-65992677

of 69
Marty I
May Member 2006

Marty I

Posts: 451Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:
Marty I said:
I also agree with what Smasherley said above in this post but have people seriously forgotten max cape has combat stats too...yes not the best but still something ofcourse.

It changed overall from completing quests/minigame type things like mage arena and livid farm for comp to now extras of PvM content which I agree yes is fun but it finds a reason for others to bully.... there is some Pvmers who hate quests and lore but want to kill solak/telos 24/7 which there is nothing wrong with that, just need to find that balance to reward those.
Then neither of those groups deserve comp (only one of them is complaining btw).

Fact is you have to play every area of the game to get comp and thats how it should be.


I understand that, max cape has combat stats anyway lol... (i'm comped btw)

30-Dec-2018 00:15:28

Marty I
May Member 2006

Marty I

Posts: 451Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HopelessHalo said:
As an owner of completionist cape myself for the last erm... (guessing 6 to 7 years or so), the main thing that always put me off about it was forced group content.

I know this is beating a dead horse but, all group content can just be paid for with a leech service for an ungodly amount of gp. This is what the majority of people have done in the past to maintain their completionist capes. This can be verified by all of the leech services in the teamwork section on RSOF.

There is no glory, integrity, nor self accomplishment in any of that.

When Yakamura was released, that was the first and only boss I had ever paid for a leech to complete.

Since then I had maintained my completionist cape until the day Solak was released. That was the final straw. To top that off, Elite dungeons 1 & 2 were released in a short time period afterwards. Neither of them were created for solo content as they do not scale to party size.

I have been playing since the Solak release with just plain old max cape.

If this is the route Jagex plans for the future, I will have to live with max cape as I do not wish to do more forced group content. Sure I could easily pay to leach Solak, Ed1, and Ed2 to get my cape back as I have more than enough bank for it.

Then I ask myself, why would I? There is no accomplishment in doing so.

I hope Jagex makes some very informed decisions on how they sort out completionist/trimmed completionist capes. If they do not get it right, they will stand to lose a good portion of their already dwindling player base.


Agreed.

30-Dec-2018 00:17:41

B I L L Y
Nov Member 2011

B I L L Y

Posts: 2,946Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Marty I said:
HopelessHalo said:
As an owner of completionist cape myself for the last erm... (guessing 6 to 7 years or so), the main thing that always put me off about it was forced group content.

I know this is beating a dead horse but, all group content can just be paid for with a leech service for an ungodly amount of gp. This is what the majority of people have done in the past to maintain their completionist capes. This can be verified by all of the leech services in the teamwork section on RSOF.

There is no glory, integrity, nor self accomplishment in any of that.

When Yakamura was released, that was the first and only boss I had ever paid for a leech to complete.

Since then I had maintained my completionist cape until the day Solak was released. That was the final straw. To top that off, Elite dungeons 1 & 2 were released in a short time period afterwards. Neither of them were created for solo content as they do not scale to party size.

I have been playing since the Solak release with just plain old max cape.

If this is the route Jagex plans for the future, I will have to live with max cape as I do not wish to do more forced group content. Sure I could easily pay to leach Solak, Ed1, and Ed2 to get my cape back as I have more than enough bank for it.

Then I ask myself, why would I? There is no accomplishment in doing so.

I hope Jagex makes some very informed decisions on how they sort out completionist/trimmed completionist capes. If they do not get it right, they will stand to lose a good portion of their already dwindling player base.


Agreed.
good post me and my misses was both comp till solak I'm getting asked 150m each for a leech kill idk if I want to spend more cash when knowing jagex they will just add more top end bosses for that 1% of the game in my op they don't need a rework just get rif of reaper and idk swap it with salty or something like that

30-Dec-2018 01:08:55

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
B I L L Y said:
good post me and my misses was both comp till solak I'm getting asked 150m each for a leech kill idk if I want to spend more cash when knowing jagex they will just add more top end bosses for that 1% of the game in my op they don't need a rework just get rif of reaper and idk swap it with salty or something like that
Have you tried spending 100 hours at practice mode Solak?

I guarantee everyone who complains about it hasn't tried to sit down and practice and learn the boss for a high amount of time. They just take one look at it and think "no it's too hard". You have a failure mindset and so you have failed before you start.
And before you say 100 hours isn't reasonable - you just suggested putting Salty on comp and 300k chimes is way more than 100 hours.

If you thought you could kill the boss, you'd do it. It's not impossible and there isn't a magical barrier between you and people who can. Only mentality.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

30-Dec-2018 02:19:47 - Last edited on 30-Dec-2018 02:37:59 by Nex is Life

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Daibhi said:
Completionist means completionist, so following your logic the comp cape doesn't require you to play every area of the game thus it, again following your logic, technically speaking isn't a completionist cape as the trim comp requires further reqs which would cover the entirety of the game.
Well following your logic, completionist doesn't mean everything so therefore we should just take requirements you don't like off. IMO comp should be harder, but with more achievable sub-goals; max cape, taskmaster, qp cape are already there, I would like to see more, similar category-specific goals for PvM, minigames, achievements.
So for people who don't want to do a bit of everything those (along with non-comp content like MQC, pets, titles) are the goals.

And anyway I didn't say comp means every bit of content in every area. I said you have to play -an unspecified amount- in every area of the game to comp. Which you do.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

30-Dec-2018 02:37:28

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 6,773Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hm, didn't know the Reaper thing was a problem. Will adjust my own comp cape suggestion, thanks.

Main part of the rework, apart from redesigning the requirements, should be making the cape cosmetic. If that isn't done, the rework is pointless to begin with.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. Minigames & ninja fixes & achievement ideas!

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

30-Dec-2018 07:55:11

scousy

scousy

Posts: 1,437Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Comp cape isn't an issue. Why does everyone need to have the best in slot item all the time? The stat's and benefits aren't that op anyway. some auras are more op then comp cape and those are timelocked for membership or getting premier club membership. If you want improvements to the game then suggest adding auras in game.

30-Dec-2018 10:14:15

Daibhi
Sep Member 2017

Daibhi

Posts: 1,099Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:
Well following your logic, completionist doesn't mean everything so therefore we should just take requirements you don't like off.

IMO comp should be harder, but with more achievable sub-goals; max cape, taskmaster, qp cape are already there, I would like to see more, similar category-specific goals for PvM, minigames, achievements.

So for people who don't want to do a bit of everything those (along with non-comp content like MQC, pets, titles) are the goals and anyway I didn't say comp means every bit of content in every area. I said you have to play -an unspecified amount- in every area of the game to comp. Which you do.


There are no reqs. I don't "like" per se, but there are two in particular which are literally impossible for me due to issues that I have (I mentioned them 3 or 4 pages ago) which aren't as simple as "lol gitgud" to deal with and do not even utter the words that I have a defeatist mindset like you did in another comment to someone earlier - if I did I'd have killed myself years ago. But before I digress..

I don't actually disagree with you in that comp should have a layer of difficulty but that difficulty you're referring to should be on trimmed comp, not the standard comp. Just like I said to Jagex during whatever survey they asked about quests etc. difficulty =/= combat, there's what.. 682 tasks alone just for task master for regular comp? Nevermind the other reqs. minus boss/reaper. Moving those to trim would make comp more realistically achievable.

Standard comp could and can be something to keep existing goal orientated players playing after maxing. For those who want to go up and beyond that's when trimmed comp will come into play, it makes no sense to have reqs. that should have always been on trimmed be on the standard version. All that achieves is denies a big chunk of the playerbase access to further content AKA. something to do after maxing etc.

30-Dec-2018 14:46:30

yggdrsil
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2011

yggdrsil

Posts: 364Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
scousy said:
Comp cape isn't an issue. Why does everyone need to have the best in slot item all the time? The stat's and benefits aren't that op anyway. some auras are more op then comp cape and those are timelocked for membership or getting premier club membership. If you want improvements to the game then suggest adding auras in game.
saving multiply inventory spaces does make it op for the effects

31-Dec-2018 02:26:42

Smasherley
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2007

Smasherley

Posts: 1,832Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Regardless of what opinions I have and we have collectively I think I know where this is going...

There are so many achievements that are not comp/trim or even Master quest requirements and would AT LEAST fall under the latter. Take this Benedict's world tour... I never knew about this. I check the updates weekely and I am like what is this?!?

Comp only needs to be reworked because of the useless group PVM requirements they've thrown on it.. And it ONLY lacks the relevant requirements because you haven't put the relevant requirement on the appropriate cape of the THREE.

Jagex are wholly to blame for this. Comp only needs a rework in their eyes because of their own failings in updating content to the capes properly

31-Dec-2018 19:02:41

Quick find code: 16-17-779-65992677Back to Top