Forums

Comp cape without reaper fix

Quick find code: 16-17-779-65992677

of 69
I Kinda Fail

I Kinda Fail

Posts: 14,497Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Remove Reaper from normal comp, but keep Morvran's challenge on there. It requires the player to fight all solo bosses, along with Araxxor. They can even add Telos on there for all I care. I just can't be bothered to team up with the toxic PvM community I always see. I'm even fine with duo'ing bosses, as I have a few friends who like PvM, but I could never do something like Vorago or Raids which require 9 strangers and, in some cases, voice chat. Comp cape should be a solo cape.

That said, I must also acknowledge that comp also currently requires all music tracks; this would have to be removed as a requirement if they did my (and others') idea. I suppose they could keep it "tight" - if the game has 2000 music tracks, have comp require 1900 or 1950. If the game has 1500 music tracks, make it require 1400-1450.

Or, people can just do what I did: stop caring. I swapped from going for comp, to going for MQC when they added Soul Reaper. I THINK there was some reason I didn't want to do MQC anymore, not entirely sure, but I'm on ironmanscape now so it's whatever.
Click here to support my idea to make the Chronicle Absorption prayer useful!
Click here to support replacing the Lumbridge Crater!

03-Mar-2018 03:51:35

Kcin
Aug Member 2008

Kcin

Posts: 13,685Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Kinda Fail said:

That said, I must also acknowledge that comp also currently requires all music tracks; this would have to be removed as a requirement if they did my (and others') idea.


This could be easily fixed by having the tracks unlocked by being in the area and not just in the boss arena.
[qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

03-Mar-2018 04:25:38

Zparanoid
Apr Member 2003

Zparanoid

Posts: 3,945Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a comp-caped player I found that the Reaper title was one of the most fun-to-do comp cape requirements that there was.

Sure, it was challenging.
Sure, it took effort.
Sure , I died a fair few messy sticky bloodsplattered deaths at the hands of spiders, jellyfish, lumps of rock, and other assorted nasties, along the way.

But ya know what, it was crazy amounts of fun!

Learning all the top-tier bosses was fun in itself, and I found things that I wanted to go back to learn more about, having done the minimum required for comp cape.

It was the Reaper title comp req that was my initial reason for learning how to do Araxxor. After a pit of practice it became something that was both enjoyable and rewarding at the same time.

And after having done the necessary amount of raids to cross off the various comp reqs, I then found myself wanting to go back, to learn all the roles, to get all the armor sets, and to get daredevil title.

That's just 2 examples, I could list numerous more.

Reaper Title requirement for comp cape is a GOOD thing. It shouldn't be nerfed.

03-Mar-2018 05:19:04

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,427Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kcin said:
I Kinda Fail said:

That said, I must also acknowledge that comp also currently requires all music tracks; this would have to be removed as a requirement if they did my (and others') idea.


This could be easily fixed by having the tracks unlocked by being in the area and not just in the boss arena.


Music as a game achievement is definitely a farce to begin with. Audio/visual effects are not real game content and never even mentioned as "achievements" in other games.

The problem with Comp music tracks unlock requirement is far from just the sheer numbers or boss areas. There are some music tracks that can't be accessible on a daily basis. Most minigames are dead, so it may take a players months to get even a chance to unlock that piece of music when that minigame is on spotlight. There are worse cases too... luck the music that unlocks only in the once a year summer Beach event when the game spawns Clawdia.

Music Tracks should just be flated out removed from any kind of achievements, not just completionist.

03-Mar-2018 17:37:21

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Kylle said:

This already exists, it's called max cape. If you're a skiller... that's what you get.

How is this req even a problem. Literally every boss except telos rax qbd is leechable. All the people in this thread insist the entire PvM community is so toxic that's why they can't get a single kill in every boss, the truth is they can't beat the solo bosses.
Join pvming fc ask for a team or wait for one, say you're a learner or say need 1 kill for comp and go for one kill. That's it. You don't even have to survive the entire kill in raids. I don't know how but the teachers there have endless patience. If you're put off by toxic people, that's the place to go.

If you can't do 1 qbd kill there is no hope for you. Quit.
I've killed Rax in legacy with T70s with every style so I have I no idea how people can't do this boss. Assuming this is one of the last requirements for comp, you will have maxed combat, overloads, curses, yak. Wait for whichever path you feel is easiest (probably 3 with 2 open), keep your hp high and pay attention. You can also use deathtouched darts, either to skip phase 4 or the entire fight.
A Telos kill. At just 100% enrage you can bring a mammoth and tank every mechanic. For phase 5 run to the green beam, eat to full and onslaught. Leave the room and make a cup of tea.
If that's too hard, again deathtouched darts.

IMO those darts shouldn't count for comp req, but if you are actually so bad at this game these requirements are too hard this is your get out of jail free card. Cry that they are available once a year but odds are if you're near comp, you've been playing for years.
If you want to complete every aspect the game you should be willing to put some time in to learn basic combat. Why? Because combat and bosses are a part of this game; ergo earing a "completionist" cape requires doing them.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

03-Mar-2018 19:44:02

Lord Kylle
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lord Kylle

Posts: 1,488Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:
Lord Kylle said:

This already exists, it's called max cape. If you're a skiller... that's what you get.

How is this req even a problem. Literally every boss except telos rax qbd is leechable. All the people in this thread insist the entire PvM community is so toxic that's why they can't get a single kill in every boss, the truth is they can't beat the solo bosses.
Join pvming fc ask for a team or wait for one, say you're a learner or say need 1 kill for comp and go for one kill. That's it. You don't even have to survive the entire kill in raids. I don't know how but the teachers there have endless patience. If you're put off by toxic people, that's the place to go.


Alright there might be a few whiners who have posted here, but what you're saying here has not much to do with why I created this thread :)

Those that say the pvm community is toxic are mostly wrong yes, there are places to go for help, and their experience with some toxic guy doesn't make it true for all of rs.

As I said earlier, I have comp and mqc myself, and I like the challenge, comp should be hard to get, as my point 6. was about, in my first post.

Now I made this thread because the jmods said they were already looking at the future of comp especially, and they mentioned looking at the reaper title, so this posts suggests that in case they go through with that, then they should not make reaper title worth nothing.

If you haven't killed any kind of hard boss, then you shouldn't have comp, then you should be satisfied with max, I agree.

But the jmods ask, if they make a boss only like 1k people can kill, because it is really tough, meant for the best, hard to learn to kill, should only 1k people have comp then?


In response to my thread, what most people here want is not to have reaper removed as comp req, but instead group bosses removed as a comp req.

I'd still like to hear more opinions :D

03-Mar-2018 19:58:32 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2018 20:00:23 by Lord Kylle

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't like skilling, or Livid Farm, or the Arc, or Mage Arena (al kharid), I don't like the time I have to put into them, but they are a part of the game, and so they should be a comp req. I want to comp and I'm not whining for them to be removed, I'm going to suck it up and do them... eventually.

I'm probably going to get called a toxic elitist or whatever for telling you noobs to suck it up too, but I don't really care, and I don't like crybabies. I helped many people get their books from AoD on release, I happily take 0kcs to raids all the time, I've brought tonnes of people to their first encounter at a boss. People who say the entire community are elitists who only the best on their team are wrong, because there are plenty of people who are out there willing to help. For free.
YES you will see many groups of players going to bosses who only want experienced people. That's because taking learners isn't the same as camping AoD getting consistent, fast kills and making tens of millions of gp an hour. Some people only do this kind of PvM, others do this but and are happy to help others, and a few devote much of their game time to teaching. So you shouldn't be put off.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

03-Mar-2018 20:02:04

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Kylle said:

Alright there might be a few whiners who have posted here, but what you're saying here has not much to do with why I created this thread :)

I was more ranting in general about the people who cry about reaper title.

Dilbert2001 said:
Music as a game achievement is definitely a farce to begin with. Audio/visual effects are not real game content and never even mentioned as "achievements" in other games.

The problem with Comp music tracks unlock requirement is far from just the sheer numbers or boss areas. There are some music tracks that can't be accessible on a daily basis. Most minigames are dead, so it may take a players months to get even a chance to unlock that piece of music when that minigame is on spotlight. There are worse cases too... luck the music that unlocks only in the once a year summer Beach event when the game spawns Clawdia.

Music Tracks should just be flated out removed from any kind of achievements, not just completionist.

The music tracks are a kind of exploration requirement as you have to visit every area and try every piece of content to unlock them all.
The problem with certain minigames' tracks is that those minigame are dead content, and therefore the problem lies with the minigames themselves. Jagex seem to be working on removing them or making them relevant.
Regarding the beach event song, it should be made available all year round, obviously that is ridiculous.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

03-Mar-2018 20:07:27

Lord Kylle
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lord Kylle

Posts: 1,488Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:

I was more ranting in general about the people who cry about reaper title.


Fair enough.

Maybe as you know, that it's wrong by most people to say the pvm community is toxic, then thinking like that - maybe you're wrong about many ranting about reaper title being comp req?

I have heard many say that it's hard to get all group bosses done, and that comp is quite the challenge because of bossing mainly. But I haven't heard many say it's unfair that comp is hard, and I haven't heard many say that reaper title as comp req should be removed.

So regarding whether even harder bosses should make the jmods reconsider reaper title as a comp req.
We should really ask as the first question, do we mind, both as those who already have comp, and those going for it, if comp becomes more exclusive, or if comp becomes slightly less exclusive, as long as new challenges are being added following a new standard the jmods might agree on? :)

03-Mar-2018 20:46:49 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2018 20:52:52 by Lord Kylle

Quick find code: 16-17-779-65992677Back to Top