Forums

Comp cape without reaper fix

Quick find code: 16-17-779-65992677

of 69
Kcin
Aug Member 2008

Kcin

Posts: 13,685Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Kylle said:
Even though we agree comp cape is about completing everything,


Comp hasn't ever been about completing everything, thats the exact reason why Trim comp exists, and the fact that there are quite a few things on the mqc that aren't required on the comp cape. So can we stop saying comp cape is/has always been completing everything. It has always been a pick and choose and I don't see a problem with removing group bosses from comp cape.

Going off of that could anyone explain to me what the difference is in actually completing content between a leecher doing nothing in a boss kill vs the boss kill getting removed and the same person getting comp.
[qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

04-Mar-2018 04:39:14

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member
2005

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,858Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Idk if anyone already brought this up, but I didn't see it in the parts of the thread that I read at all and was wondering...

Let's say they get rid of the Reaper requirement. Wouldn't you still need to get the boss music tracks to get comp anyway? Wouldn't that mean that you have to at least kill a few group bosses to unlock something that might be hidden behind phase changes or something (only one I can think of is needing to kill at least the beastmaster raids boss to get to Yaka, but idk if anything else like that is in the game and I just missed it because of not doing group bosses)?
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

04-Mar-2018 05:37:11 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2018 05:54:12 by A Mad Hatter

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kcin said:
Look another dumb excuse people use to defend reaper

Friends/groups of people shouldn't be required for a solo piece of content.

Again group shouldn't be a req for a solo piece of content

At the point of leeching, what is the difference between having it be a req and having leeches count. In both circumstances the player doesn't actually complete the content.

The comp cape isn't solo content.
We both know you didn't solo 120 DG.

Regarding leeching, theres no real way to tell but frankly it doesn't matter. You have at least given the content a feel.

yggdrsil said:
Truthfully a name to change comp cape would in most cases shut up the git -gud community but instead of a add on why not make a cape the opposite of max cape for the pvmer that hate skilling (pretty much requires a boss kill of everything with stats similer to current max cape) that when combined with the newly renamed cape becomes something more akin to the comp cape.
Option 2 instead of name change just give the give the cape effects of capes you own to max cape as well.

The Final boss and Insane Final boss exist for this. If I had a cape same as max/max cape itself I wouldn't use it anyway, I'd rather have that 5 damage from Kiln cape, I'd much rather use a Spirit Cape, which is BiS after comp if you have a titan out.
On a related note, I don't think Boss Portal in Max guild should be locked behind thousands of hours of skilling and 0 PvM requirements.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

04-Mar-2018 12:02:51

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kcin said:
Look another dumb excuse people use to defend reaper

Friends/groups of people shouldn't be required for a solo piece of content.

Again group shouldn't be a req for a solo piece of content

At the point of leeching, what is the difference between having it be a req and having leeches count. In both circumstances the player doesn't actually complete the content.

The comp cape isn't solo content.
We both know you didn't solo 120 DG.

Regarding leeching, theres no real way to tell but frankly it doesn't matter. You have at least given the content a feel.

A Mad Hatter said:
Idk if anyone already brought this up, but I didn't see it in the parts of the thread that I read at all and was wondering...

Let's say they get rid of the Reaper requirement. Wouldn't you still need to get the boss music tracks to get comp anyway? Wouldn't that mean that you have to at least kill a few group bosses to unlock something that might be hidden behind phase changes or something (only one I can think of is needing to kill at least the beastmaster raids boss to get to Yaka, but idk if anything else like that is in the game and I just missed it because of not doing group bosses)?

All of them but two can unlocked by simply entering a boss room and leaving. For AoD the energy has to be clicked, but you could go in with 0 items and let her kill you.
The two exceptions, as you mentioned, are Yakamaru I and II, for which the first one needs to defeat* BM, and second is unlocked partway through the Yakamaru fight.

*Tag. You can die or leave the area as long as the boss is finished.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

04-Mar-2018 12:10:10 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2018 12:10:40 by Nex is Life

Lord Kylle
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Lord Kylle

Posts: 1,488Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kcin said:
Lord Kylle said:
Even though we agree comp cape is about completing everything,


Comp hasn't ever been about completing everything, thats the exact reason why Trim comp exists, and the fact that there are quite a few things on the mqc that aren't required on the comp cape. So can we stop saying comp cape is/has always been completing everything. It has always been a pick and choose and I don't see a problem with removing group bosses from comp cape.


And just after that, I wrote that it has always been a mixture, meaning it isn't really everything we complete, and yes that makes room for MQC and trim comp.
So the comp cape is about completing most of the game, but not everything.

Yes your leeching point is one of the reasons jmods want to find a balance, they don't wanna make a comp req that more than 50 % just leech, then it doesn't really matter. Ofc we prefer choosing freely what content we play in runescape, comp cape will always force us to try content we like less, that won't change.

Removing group bosses from comp req would remove most leeching, it's just quite a big step to take, I just hope some jmod reads this thread so they might better decide, and not do something too many dislike.

04-Mar-2018 12:46:34 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2018 12:47:22 by Lord Kylle

Kcin
Aug Member 2008

Kcin

Posts: 13,685Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex is Life said:

The comp cape isn't solo content.
We both know you didn't solo 120 DG.

So multiple people can wear your cape? and actually funny you say that, cause I did solo 200m dung.

Nex is Life said:

Regarding leeching, theres no real way to tell but frankly it doesn't matter. You have at least given the content a feel.

Just standing in a corner in a boss room is not giving the content a feel. There is no difference between that leecher and one who doesn't even do the boss.

Lord Kylle said:

And just after that, I wrote that it has always been a mixture, meaning it isn't really everything we complete, and yes that makes room for MQC and trim comp.
So the comp cape is about completing most of the game, but not everything.

I know you said that but I quoted that part for those who say comp cape is the "completionist" cape because in truth it isn't a completionist cape. If the cape was to be about completing everything half the stuff from trim would be required for comp(those left being only the extremist stuff) and MQC should be required for comp cape if it was. So I don't see why leaving off one of the group contents off comp cape( group bosses eg reaper title) would be any different than leaving MQC off.

Lord Kylle said:

Removing group bosses from comp req would remove most leeching, it's just quite a big step to take, I just hope some jmod reads this thread so they might better decide, and not do something too many dislike.

I do understand that it is a big thing but if they do go where they want with bosses to where only 1% of the community can complete it, then at that point the cape would really need to be fixed so that there is a balance in difficulty vs reward.
[qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

04-Mar-2018 14:59:18

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kcin said:

So multiple people can wear your cape? and actually funny you say that, cause I did solo 200m dung.

Just standing in a corner in a boss room is not giving the content a feel. There is no difference between that leecher and one who doesn't even do the boss.

I know you said that but I quoted that part for those who say comp cape is the "completionist" cape because in truth it isn't a completionist cape. If the cape was to be about completing everything half the stuff from trim would be required for comp(those left being only the extremist stuff) and MQC should be required for comp cape if it was. So I don't see why leaving off one of the group contents off comp cape( group bosses eg reaper title) would be any different than leaving MQC off.

Guess you cheesed it with sinkholes and dailies then.
RuneScape is an MMO. Note the second M. Not sure why you think group content should be shunted.

Maybe. But DG can be 100% leeched, guess it shouldn't be a comp req?
There isn't any kind of barrier between leeching and enjoying experiencing content when it comes to unlocking a cape, but it's better than completely avoiding said content. Although the level 69 I took had great time, got dragged under BM with 40something constitution and will go again.

So completition cape doesn't actually mean completing absolutely everything in the game, guess every requirement you don't like should be taken off? lol no. It should be a prestigious and hard to get cape.
MQC is for finding all lore, finding post-quest content, reading books scattered throughout the game it's not a "stuff left out of comp cape" cape. I like that it's a prestigous cape that doesn't require max, and is far rarer than max, too bad about the 90 in all skills requirement to open some chest, which I think is daft.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

04-Mar-2018 16:31:54

Nex is Life
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Nex is Life

Posts: 2,007Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
B I L L Y said:
nex how do you feel about letting the comps vote

I feel it would be fair to let people who have earned their comp capes have the final say into whether it is devalued or not.

I do think that in that poll keeping reaper as a requirement would win, but either way I would support having that poll to decide.
Most people who want reaper removed are maxednotcomped because bad at this game.

EDIT: Obviously, I am against removing reaper, or any other current requirement from comp. This is because I think comp cape should be a high goal to strive for, not something handed out to everybody. I also think harder to complete tasks that take less time, such as reaper, are more better requirements - for goals/capes/titles and in general than just grinding skills and grinding this and grinding that for thousands of hours with no skill nor strategy.
You'll get it when you deserve it.

04-Mar-2018 16:34:40 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2018 16:40:33 by Nex is Life

Quick find code: 16-17-779-65992677Back to Top