ELITE STACKsaid: So what will happen to my aggression undead dragon and demon slayer sigils? I forget to use them or don't want to use them all the time.I read that they will be refunding what it cost to purchase them. Though I don't know for certain.
They'll be turned into abilities too, I would assume.
Mr Rey Raysaid: Gp sinks are always welcome. Is it really a sink if there's no recharge cost? Also its not like we're experiencing inflation, there's no real need for more sinks until new sources are added to the game.°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
ï¡÷¡ï Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. ï¡÷¡ï
120 Summoning Familiar ideas.
I could not agree more with OP. I am not sure why this is even an issue. To analyze it a bit more, consider three types of players:
1. Sweaty Switchers -- these players maximize dps and don't mind taking 5 or 6 switches to a boss fight. These players may want to switch sigils (e.g. ingenuity of humans and limitless) during a fight.
2. Casual PVMers -- these players enjoy PVM, but they do not look for every small opportunity to improve efficiency. Perhaps they bring a switch or two to combat, but they are just don't care enough to get sweaty.
3. Afk enthusiasts -- these players don't really do high level bossing. They might enjoy slayer or GW1 bosses, but they tend to like to afk farm skills and combat. These players would might use a shattered worlds sigil, but again would likely not even want to go through the effort to activate one sigil.
Now consider how the update will impact each type:
1. Sweaty switchers will find it marginally more convenient to have one less switch to worry about (the sigil slot), but these players already do a lot of switching and view switching as a part of the game. These players actually pride themselves on having the dexterity to handle many switches. However making the sigil effects abilities will cost 1.8s from the GCD that could have been used for another ability. This is likely to reduce dps, but the goal of Sweaty Switchers is to eek out every last bit of dps. Therefore, these players will experience a net loss.
2. Casual PVMers -- These players don't switch sigils now, so there is no switch benefit. However, there is a dps cost. Therefore, these players will also experience a net loss.
3. AFK enthusiasts -- These players would be unaffected, since they probably don't want to interact with the game sufficiently to want to activate even one sigil.
Therefore, there are no players that would experience a net benefit from the update as described. Hence as OP says "who exactly wants this update?"