Forums

advice: skills while lagging?Thread is locked

Quick find code: 317-318-227-66125144

of 6
cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My internet provider is "having issues" causing major lag in the game. Obviously risky combat is out, but I still want to do things in the game. Anyone have any advice for doing skills while you are lagging? Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

13-Oct-2019 23:54:18

Spearmint30
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 19,171Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any of the gathering skills would be good: woodcutting, fishing, mining etc. Also crafting, fletching, agility, etc. The lag might slow down productivity in terms of experience per hour, but overall you should be able to do those on a poor connection fine.
•
Spearmint30
•

¤
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them. (S09 EP23)
¤

14-Oct-2019 00:17:28

irl pker dib
Oct Member 2019

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Combat isn't risky anymore unless you go to the wilderness. Also, if you have a ticking and muscle memory sense, you'll do just fine anywhere tbh. That's how I was solo raiding on constant 500 ping. Just do what you'd normally do and have faith in your skills if you're experienced enough like I was. If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

14-Oct-2019 00:22:09

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spearmint30 said:
Any of the gathering skills would be good: woodcutting, fishing, mining etc. Also crafting, fletching, agility, etc. The lag might slow down productivity in terms of experience per hour, but overall you should be able to do those on a poor connection fine.
thanks. at the moment my main is doing rc bloods, and I do a lot of the time mining the dense block. I don't know how long the "issues" will take. I will likely do others gathering.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

14-Oct-2019 00:28:23

irl pker dib
Oct Member 2019

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
Spearmint30 said:
Any of the gathering skills would be good: woodcutting, fishing, mining etc. Also crafting, fletching, agility, etc. The lag might slow down productivity in terms of experience per hour, but overall you should be able to do those on a poor connection fine.
thanks. at the moment my main is doing rc bloods, and I do a lot of the time mining the dense block. I don't know how long the "issues" will take. I will likely do others gathering.


That's a good one to do too. Also, idk about you but I found Zeah runecrafting to be extremely relaxing. I would recommend blast mine if you were comfortable with it and dynamite were a bit cheaper.
If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

14-Oct-2019 01:00:58

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Players must first excavate the hard rock using a chisel, then use a pot of dynamite on the resulting cavity. Then, they must light the dynamite with a tinderbox and
run at least three squares away from it, or about 15 damage will be taken
. " You have to time it right and if you are lagging 20 seconds you cant time it.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

14-Oct-2019 01:32:23 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2019 01:33:44 by cooke fletch

irl pker dib
Oct Member 2019

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
"Players must first excavate the hard rock using a chisel, then use a pot of dynamite on the resulting cavity. Then, they must light the dynamite with a tinderbox and
run at least three squares away from it, or about 15 damage will be taken
. " You have to time it right and if you are lagging 20 seconds you cant time it.


Yes, you can. You just need to actually be good at the game. L2tick sensitivity nubnub. It's literally the same skills you need to get into a decent team at raids. The 600 ms tick system is consistent throughout the entire game due to the engine code.
If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

14-Oct-2019 04:25:56

cooke fletch

cooke fletch

Posts: 2,590Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
irl pker dib said:
cooke fletch said:
"Players must first excavate the hard rock using a chisel, then use a pot of dynamite on the resulting cavity. Then, they must light the dynamite with a tinderbox and
run at least three squares away from it, or about 15 damage will be taken
. " You have to time it right and if you are lagging 20 seconds you cant time it.


Yes, you can. You just need to actually be good at the game. L2tick sensitivity nubnub. It's literally the same skills you need to get into a decent team at raids. The 600 ms tick system is consistent throughout the entire game due to the engine code.
IF you have to wait 20 seconds between the time you click and it responds it doesn't matter how many ticks you try for. You click to light, then click away and it waits 20 seconds for you to move. It has nothing to do with skill. The signal to move does not reach the server in time. THAT is the meaning of lag. By the time the server gets the message to move, you have been hit by the explosive.
Stop being a entitled snowflake. If you want something in game, earn it rather than demand it be given to you.

14-Oct-2019 05:07:31

irl pker dib
Oct Member 2019

irl pker dib

Posts: 928Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
cooke fletch said:
irl pker dib said:
cooke fletch said:
"Players must first excavate the hard rock using a chisel, then use a pot of dynamite on the resulting cavity. Then, they must light the dynamite with a tinderbox and
run at least three squares away from it, or about 15 damage will be taken
. " You have to time it right and if you are lagging 20 seconds you cant time it.


Yes, you can. You just need to actually be good at the game. L2tick sensitivity nubnub. It's literally the same skills you need to get into a decent team at raids. The 600 ms tick system is consistent throughout the entire game due to the engine code.
IF you have to wait 20 seconds between the time you click and it responds it doesn't matter how many ticks you try for. You click to light, then click away and it waits 20 seconds for you to move. It has nothing to do with skill. The signal to move does not reach the server in time. THAT is the meaning of lag. By the time the server gets the message to move, you have been hit by the explosive.


There's your problem. You're not thinking correctly. You're thinking how humans think and not how the computer hardware thinks. You need to train your mind to think in game ticks. You're also assuming that you're trying to react to it. That's not what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to anticipate it and click on the right game tick using your senses. I've solo raided on 500 ping. The server will get the message in time if you click on the right tick. The only difference is you won't see what you're trying to react to which is why you anticipate it.
If slayer is a skill, then I guess these slayer drop tables catered to skillers by pumping out so many resources. :)

14-Oct-2019 05:17:59

Quick find code: 317-318-227-66125144Back to Top