Forums

Skilling Economy Is BrokenThread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-328-66089367

of 6
KijinSeija

KijinSeija

Posts: 618Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But have no fear! I have a fix!

1. To make skilling profitable again, return onyxes to prif gem rocks.
2. After returning onyxes to gem rocks increase the high alch value of onyxes to 2m to make it sustainable.
3, As for player created gear (crafting, smithing etc), they should all have twenty times the high alch value, because it's sad to see the same high alch value of rune hit by a nerf of about twenty times.

Of course, this will result in inflation of all items. Therefore, the following must also be introduced:

1. Remove onyx from all pvm drop tables
2. Remove onyx dust
3. Quadruple the cost of all instances to any dungeon requiring an instance, including gemstone dragon slaying which will definitely increase the value of all gems required
4. Replace onyx dust, onyx and salvages with a new tradable drop: 'reduced instanced token,' which reduces all instance fees by a quarter, including gem stone dragon dungeon and stacks with Death's Reaper mini game.
5. Double the death cost of gear reclaim and remove gravestones for all players except those on legacy.

Discuss!

Note: If you got an understanding of economics and wish to debate, I'll hand the mic over, but make sure it's a convincing seminar that requires 1 hour worth of reading.

Addition from an eager supporter:

Aqua Star said:
Fuck it make it 24m


'it' means onyx
~ The way you reject is the way that I choose
Since I know it will drive you insane! ~
- Master of Reverse Ideology

12-Mar-2019 22:30:30 - Last edited on 14-Mar-2019 05:24:48 by KijinSeija

Vaseth
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Vaseth

Posts: 11,746Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. you're
2. a
3. bad
4. troll
5. or
6. stupid
7. or
8. both

*mic drop*

edit no but seriously;

skillers should produce supplies for pvm only, no gp (remove alching)

pvmers should get gp and rare items from monsters only (no skilling supplies)

pvmers buy supplies from skillers for gp, skillers spend gp on rares, the circle of life is maintained. simple

the problem is that such a radicle overhaul would have the autistic change averse players screaming and rage quitting faster than blackhawk can jump on an official recent update thread, you only have to look at stone spirits to see that

but yeah, i know u dont actually care about any of that, you just want reactions as your an attention seeking negative emotion vampire like all trolls, but i thought id put it in for the real players lol

12-Mar-2019 22:44:28 - Last edited on 12-Mar-2019 22:50:47 by Vaseth

A Vitalis
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2015

A Vitalis

Posts: 1,070Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth said:
1. you're
2. a
3. bad
4. troll
5. or
6. stupid
7. or
8. both

*mic drop*

edit no but seriously;

skillers should produce supplies for pvm only, no gp (remove alching)

pvmers should get gp and rare items from monsters only (no skilling supplies)

pvmers buy supplies from skillers for gp, skillers spend gp on rares, the circle of life is maintained. simple

the problem is that such a radicle overhaul would have the autistic change averse players screaming and rage quitting faster than blackhawk can jump on an official recent update thread, you only have to look at stone spirits to see that

but yeah, i know u dont actually care about any of that, you just want reactions as your an attention seeking negative emotion vampire like all trolls, but i thought id put it in for the real players lol


Stop responding to this clown and wait for the forum mods to actually do their jobs lol. You're wasting your time with him.

The truth is you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

12-Mar-2019 22:51:54

Vaseth
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Vaseth

Posts: 11,746Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Vitalis said:
Vaseth said:
1. you're
2. a
3. bad
4. troll
5. or
6. stupid
7. or
8. both

*mic drop*

edit no but seriously;

skillers should produce supplies for pvm only, no gp (remove alching)

pvmers should get gp and rare items from monsters only (no skilling supplies)

pvmers buy supplies from skillers for gp, skillers spend gp on rares, the circle of life is maintained. simple

the problem is that such a radicle overhaul would have the autistic change averse players screaming and rage quitting faster than blackhawk can jump on an official recent update thread, you only have to look at stone spirits to see that

but yeah, i know u dont actually care about any of that, you just want reactions as your an attention seeking negative emotion vampire like all trolls, but i thought id put it in for the real players lol


Stop responding to this clown and wait for the forum mods to actually do their jobs lol. You're wasting your time with him.


i have time to wait between skilling loads lol

12-Mar-2019 22:53:53

Tenebri
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 18,313Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
KijinSeija said:
1. To make skilling profitable again, return onyxes to prif gem rocks.


no this needed to be fixed. 0 effort high reward = bad

KijinSeija said:
2. After returning onyxes to gem rocks increase the high alch value of onyxes to 2m to make it sustainable.


lmao you cant be serious

KijinSeija said:
3, As for player created gear (crafting, smithing etc), they should all have twenty times the high alch value, because it's sad to see the same high alch value of rune hit by a nerf of about twenty times.


okay you are troll i wish i read full before responding.. ill leave it here
Satan loves you

200m all on 7/3/19
My life after 200m xp in all skills

13-Mar-2019 00:03:44

KijinSeija

KijinSeija

Posts: 618Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe you guys should come up with a valid reason why you think my idea doesnt fix ‘your’ economy. ~ The way you reject is the way that I choose
Since I know it will drive you insane! ~
- Master of Reverse Ideology

13-Mar-2019 01:29:36

Foxxie
Mar Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Foxxie

Posts: 1,913Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth said:


skillers should produce supplies for pvm only, no gp (remove alching)

pvmers should get gp and rare items from monsters only (no skilling supplies)

pvmers buy supplies from skillers for gp, skillers spend gp on rares, the circle of life is maintained. simple


Except this model is horribly flawed and unsustainable as PVMers demand a HUGE return in profit. Way more so than what they spend in supplies. A PVMer would want to spend 5m in supplies to get an item that sells for 300m. However, if the skilling community can only make money from the PVMer buying their supplies, where is this other 295m coming from? After all, you only gave them 5m.

Skillers NEED to make money elsewhere, otherwise that pvmer will be forced to sell their item for 5m (cause that's all that is in circulation) and then there is no profit to be had for anyone. I understand what you're getting at, but man is this not the way to explain it.

13-Mar-2019 01:32:04

Aria Ventus
Mar Member 2018

Aria Ventus

Posts: 1,511Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Foxxie said:
Vaseth said:


skillers should produce supplies for pvm only, no gp (remove alching)

pvmers should get gp and rare items from monsters only (no skilling supplies)

pvmers buy supplies from skillers for gp, skillers spend gp on rares, the circle of life is maintained. simple


Except this model is horribly flawed and unsustainable as PVMers demand a HUGE return in profit. Way more so than what they spend in supplies. A PVMer would want to spend 5m in supplies to get an item that sells for 300m. However, if the skilling community can only make money from the PVMer buying their supplies, where is this other 295m coming from? After all, you only gave them 5m.

Skillers NEED to make money elsewhere, otherwise that pvmer will be forced to sell their item for 5m (cause that's all that is in circulation) and then there is no profit to be had for anyone. I understand what you're getting at, but man is this not the way to explain it.


1) I’d keep the high alch so skillers can produce gp albeit leave it at the current high alch values. I won’t mind adding a high alch value to masterwork and trimmed masterwork either to make a price floor. Also keep salvages as is and replace ore spirits with salvage of a balanced amount.

2) Since smithed gear are all tank gear and pvm drops are dps gear, each class of gear needs improvements to make each unique and more useful in their roles. I don’t just mean increased dps stats or life point bonus for dps and tank respectively, I mean something like set effects that get stronger with each tier as well.

3) Have aggressive monsters or dangerous environmental situations in high tier skilling locations. To compensate, maybe tweak successful gathering time to be less? All skilling outfits don’t have to be worn for their passive effects and remove the no aggression benefits from gemstone golem and shark outift to encourage skillers to use armor
~ Princess of Wind ~

13-Mar-2019 01:53:23

David James
Dec Member 2018

David James

Posts: 4,426Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth said:

skillers should produce supplies for pvm only, no gp (remove alching)

pvmers should get gp and rare items from monsters only (no skilling supplies)

pvmers buy supplies from skillers for gp, skillers spend gp on rares, the circle of life is maintained. simple


All but the GP part and I completely agree, each need to obtain their own resources. As soon as GP is turned into a resource and dropped directly in PvM to compensate removing skilling resources the buying power of gold is gonna drop so hard you'll have a hard time actually buying anything with it. I've seen this happen in many games already that do this.

Why sell your easy afkable items (resources) used in PvM for an easy afkable item (GP) that is only used to buy items used to PvM (resources)? You'd literally just be wasting your time not using them yourself.

Only pure skillers would have a demand for gold. Everyone else can obtain it easily and inflate the supply dramatically. Not to mention increased supply costs would make most of PvM no longer profitable at all.

You'd either kill most of PvM, or make it pointless to sell your resources.

People enjoy PvM-related content far more than gathering. I'd much rather engage in a boss than mindlessly click a rock every 30 seconds. I know I'm not the only one because:

The imbalance first occurred when PvM'ers cried about lower profits due to so many people doing PvM, so they added resources previously only obtainable via gathering (skilling) to artificially increase profits.

Exactly like all the new ores from mining; so many people did it that the prices fell.

The irony of it all comes from when it happens to skilling (lowered profits), they're told to just PvM. When it happens to PvM, they nerf skilling.



OP's suggestions are just ridiculously unbalanced though. As long as altscape is allowed there will never be a balance between skilling and PvM because alts artificially increase profit potential.

13-Mar-2019 02:21:52

Quick find code: 15-16-328-66089367Back to Top