Please give us constructive feedback that will help us when it comes to looking at the capes once more, before we poll them to you!Mod Shauny - RuneScape Community Management - Goebies! - @JagexShauny
I love Clans!
Lord Drakansaid: Cheers, but, erm, is there a summary of the points discussed anywhere? I'm disinclined to watch an hour-long video. I guess everything I posted on the other thread so far still stands.
The rework is a good idea. Players who do different things should be able to wear capes to show accomplishments. Only concern (and i think this is the concern for most who have comped) is that everyone can get a cape now. I think 4 capes (as shown in the stream) from 4 different aspects of the game is sufficient enough to show what kind of player you are.
I was confused however with the tier aspect of the capes.. will there be different cape designs/shapes for each teir... if so, i do not agree with this as it will be very difficult to tell what exactly youve accomplished.
Keep ONE version of each cape and use different particles to signify tier
i.e. comp is white; true comp is gold; insane comp is black particles; insane final boss is tier3 combat with black blood dripping...Chaz
- Last edited on 16-Apr-2019 23:26:55 by Chaz 1
It's so easy to convince rs players, just add a little bit of blood dripping from the edge
Anyway I like the designs, favourites are skilling A, combat B, lore A, comp B
I still think reaper should be t2 while t1 will requier all soloable bosses and other combat reqs. If high level bosses were planned so that only top level pvmers will be able to beat them, they should be a req for higher tiers of comp.
- Last edited on 17-Apr-2019 02:35:17 by Hazarmaveth
I vote A or B on the lore cape, otherwise I don't mind.
More importantly, there's still issues I've raised that haven't been addressed, so I'll briefly summarise them.
- Combat is about bossing almost entirely now but shouldn't be. Also include PvP minigames as well as other PvM activities such as minigames, Slayer, Champions' Challenge, etc. These are much more representative of everyday combat. Stuff like Telos and Solak should be tier 3 probably, being endgame bosses. I reiterate; bosses are only a small if not tiny part of combat in RS3, and the current proposal completely eschews that.
- Tier 1 skills is all maxed skills, which is waay too difficult. At least it's infinitely more difficult than tier 2 (all skill achievements) so those should be swapped, or tier 2 made more difficult. Also, Dahmaroc statue in tier 3? Finishing that statue is a lot easier than maxing...
- Minigames and misc still need a lot more achievements to be viable. Again, see thread linked in signature for suggestions. ("cheevos"
- Minigames and exploration need capes as well. The easiest solution would be to take the quest/lore capes and recolour them red and green, respectively. Everybody happy. Don't make the quest capes recolourable themselves.
- If the profound CW req remains on tier 3, people will still rig CW games, and afk minigames to farm thaler in ordr to obtain it, which is one of the main problems with the current capes (people ruining group activities for others). Please remove that achievement altogether (make it a feat, hidden unless/until unlocked) and add other, more humane CW requirements instead (see two points above).
- MQC is still missing a few things; again see my thread.
- Achievements should be able to fall under multiple categories, otherwise everything becomes a mess. Plenty of examples given on other comp cape sticky.Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. Minigames & ninja fixes & achievement ideas!
Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.