Forums

Inflation?

Quick find code: 17-18-787-66043664

of 2
0ne more
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2018

0ne more

Posts: 281Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Where does all the gp come from?
Do bosses drop coins now?

-Wise
Join the Merchant Community clan
-Wise Monopoly-
as a guest :)
How to join as a guest: Clan chat list > Visited clans ( Green circle ) > JOIN: Wise Monopoly
Best regards
-Wise

11-Sep-2018 09:18:05

0ne more
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2018

0ne more

Posts: 281Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I dont see how just alching can create this much gp

Explain

-Wise
Join the Merchant Community clan
-Wise Monopoly-
as a guest :)
How to join as a guest: Clan chat list > Visited clans ( Green circle ) > JOIN: Wise Monopoly
Best regards
-Wise

11-Sep-2018 09:48:50

Tidus 319

Tidus 319

Posts: 1,442Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Invention means GP stays in the game as we need to buy charges rather than repair gear. Don't know how much that keeps in the game but it has meant millions of mine have gone to other players rather than my repair stand O_o
Tidus 319.
Future Max Cape owner. 1 99 to go.

11-Sep-2018 11:51:16

Tom Grey
Feb Member 2019

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,191Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Inflation doesn’t only mean that more gold is in the game. It can also mean more supply of resources than demand. Especially after dxp you should not be surprised that supplies are cheaper.

But we haven’t seen the last of actual gp coming into the game. Just look at Jagex trying to introduce spring cleaner with an alchemy function.

11-Sep-2018 11:57:16

Hose
Feb Member 2018

Hose

Posts: 209Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said:
Inflation doesn’t only mean that more gold is in the game. It can also mean more supply of resources than demand. Especially after dxp you should not be surprised that supplies are cheaper.

But we haven’t seen the last of actual gp coming into the game. Just look at Jagex trying to introduce spring cleaner with an alchemy function.


If prices drop, it's known as deflation, therefore with regards to the excess supply of resources you mention, you are in fact referring to an instance of deflation in the resource section of the runescape economy, not inflation.

12-Sep-2018 14:08:58

Jaccoud
Apr Gold Premier Club Member 2016

Jaccoud

Posts: 325Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0ne more said:
I dont see how just alching can create this much gp

Explain

-Wise


It's comon to understimate the number of players alching stuff. It probably generates billions of coins everyday.

Also, there is alching machines now. Even people who didn't alch are alching to make ~30m profit/month effortlessly.

12-Sep-2018 15:48:34 - Last edited on 12-Sep-2018 15:49:28 by Jaccoud

Tom Grey
Feb Member 2019

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,191Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hose said:
Tom Grey said:
Inflation doesn’t only mean that more gold is in the game. It can also mean more supply of resources than demand. Especially after dxp you should not be surprised that supplies are cheaper.

But we haven’t seen the last of actual gp coming into the game. Just look at Jagex trying to introduce spring cleaner with an alchemy function.


If prices drop, it's known as deflation, therefore with regards to the excess supply of resources you mention, you are in fact referring to an instance of deflation in the resource section of the runescape economy, not inflation.


If everything drops in price you would be right to call it deflation. But if resources cost less, players have more money to spend on rarer items which increase in their value. Hence inflation since the supply of money doesn’t diminish.

12-Sep-2018 17:56:38

Quick find code: 17-18-787-66043664Back to Top