Forums

FH/FMR Rework done, thoughts?

Quick find code: 278-279-74-66013675

of 59
Loki
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 52,977Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Meadows has created new versions of the
Forum Help
and
Forum Moderation Review
threads with updated rules and more information. Based on what's been posted there...

- Forum Help Version 2
- Forum Moderation Review Version 2


- Do you think it's the right step forward?
- Do you think there's anything missing?
- Anything else?

Curious to see opinions on this.. :P




Original Post:

Loki said:
Meadows has created FMR Version 2 here with updated rules and more information. Based on what's been posted there...

- Do you think it's the right step forward?
- Do you think there's anything missing?
- Anything else?

Curious to see opinions on this.. :P
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

21-May-2018 13:55:00 - Last edited on 17-Jun-2018 07:10:49 by Loki

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,588Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So the only real difference that I can see is that wasting their time is now punishable, where before it was not (as long as you reported a thing that was allowed to be reported)? I guess that's good, if it just works, and timewasters are actually punished.

Then there's this thing though:
Mod Meadows said:
All posts made on this topic are automatically hidden and are viewable to Jagex Moderators only - there is a plan to allow the Local Moderators to review this thread however there is no time-frame for this to be implemented.

Dear Jagex: a plan that has no time frame for its implementation, is not a plan, but an idea. If you had an actual plan for this, you'd also give it some kind of a time frame. > )
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

21-May-2018 14:06:47 - Last edited on 21-May-2018 14:07:07 by Blackwing

Loki
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 52,977Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
Then there's this thing though:
Mod Meadows said:
All posts made on this topic are automatically hidden and are viewable to Jagex Moderators only - there is a plan to allow the Local Moderators to review this thread however there is no time-frame for this to be implemented.

Dear Jagex: a plan that has no time frame for its implementation, is not a plan, but an idea. If you had an actual plan for this, you'd also give it some kind of a time frame. > )
I suspect because the web team are stuck working on mobile at the moment, and don't have the time to upgrade LMod account to view auto-hidden threads? I don't know. :P

I guess one thing I'm unsure about is this...

Mod Meadows said:
Posting on this thread
does not
guarantee a response, but all reports will be reviewed and any necessary action will be taken.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

21-May-2018 14:23:31

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member
2007

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 59,611Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The intended plan really is to have the Local Moderators take over FMR. However the tools necessary aren't just a tickbox that now x account can now do this. So it's a systematic that looks like the following for user groups (all users) (all moderators) (Jagex Moderators). Currently the auto-hide functionality viewing is in the Jagex Moderator only group. So to do this today there are 2 options. Option 1 make autohide readable moves to the all moderator group which means that would include the f-mods which isn't something that any of us want. The other option is to move the L-Mods into the Jagex Mods group, but then they'd have all the tools that are confined to the castle without being at HQ.

So yes it's the plan however getting the Developer time to create a workround is the issue as the forums always seem to be a low priority.
~Tranq~
Reaping another soul from the ambient mortality
Need Forum Help (click me)

21-May-2018 14:42:46

Mod Meadows

Mod Meadows

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Loki said:

I guess one thing I'm unsure about is this...

Mod Meadows said:
Posting on this thread
does not
guarantee a response, but all reports will be reviewed and any necessary action will be taken.


Actually, that was taken from the original thread, but emboldened - second to last post of the OP. Just goes to show people didn't really read the original threads OP ;)

Tranq said:
The intended plan really is to have the Local Moderators take over FMR. However the tools necessary aren't just a tickbox that now x account can now do this. So it's a systematic that looks like the following for user groups (all users) (all moderators) (Jagex Moderators). Currently the auto-hide functionality viewing is in the Jagex Moderator only group. So to do this today there are 2 options. Option 1 make autohide readable moves to the all moderator group which means that would include the f-mods which isn't something that any of us want. The other option is to move the L-Mods into the Jagex Mods group, but then they'd have all the tools that are confined to the castle without being at HQ.

So yes it's the plan however getting the Developer time to create a workround is the issue as the forums always seem to be a low priority.


Basically what Tranq said. :p

Mod Meadows.
@JagexMeadows
~RuneScape Community Management.
~ Mod Meadows ~ Forum Curator ~ Tweet Me @JagexMeadows ~

21-May-2018 16:01:42 - Last edited on 21-May-2018 16:03:54 by Mod Meadows

FiFi LaJolie
Dec Member 2015

FiFi LaJolie

Posts: 18,698Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm pleased that a current CM JMod has taken the time to look at this thread and make some changes to it. It is evidence that the RSOF is not being entirely ignored.

Clearly, none of us are privy to the traffic it contains (except by way of speculation after reading JMod periodic responses) but one must assume that invalid reporting, mis-reporting, frivolous posts (call it what you will) had become something of a problematic issue, which was muddying the waters for valid reports and wasting JMod time.

Maybe the time-wasters will think twice, even thrice, if they are facing consequences for their actions - which will reduce the overall traffic and enable the JMods to process this thread more quickly and more often. Which is all good.

As for the Local Moderators taking over this role, personally I remain neutral on that aspect because I have no idea where they are from or how they intend to achieve their aim of making the forums great again. They've declined to discuss that. Also, I haven't really seen them in action, as it were, as they currently tend to confine their activities to a few sub-forums in the main.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

21-May-2018 16:37:54

The contents of this message have been hidden

21-May-2018 17:07:09

Twillow
Aug
fmod Gold Premier Club Member
2005

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 39,817Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Dong U Dead - I've hidden your post as it is not on topic. It is also full of allegations, which you have been told countless times over the years that it is not appropriate to make allegations on the forums. You are also well aware that rants about people or groups of people are not appropriate. Please do not continue with that.
money for nothing and some hugs for free!

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

21-May-2018 17:23:47

Quick find code: 278-279-74-66013675Back to Top