Forums

Toxic ViturScythe/Avernic/Ghr

Quick find code: 322-323-54-66082784

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 8,232Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There should be toxic versions of scythe of vitur, avernic defender and ghrazi rapier added. Scythe of vitur would go from very niche to just niche and toxic defender and ghrazi rapier would be great for pvp. Thoughts?

11-Feb-2019 20:05:18

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said:
Scythe of vitur would go from very niche to just niche and toxic defender and ghrazi rapier would be great for pvp. Thoughts?
Funny, I was thinking this is exactly why I wouldn't support this.

Those items should be niche. If the Scythe of Vitur could apply poison or venom, it'd be far too overpowered. It's already BiS for plenty of content, and buffing it any wouldn't make it any less niche of an item; it would just make it more powerful for content where it's already used.

The Ghrazi Rapier is easily one of the best weapons in the game, and doesn't need to be any better than it already is. We can't poison every weapon, and that's by design. I'd make an exception to this if its base version was nerfed and the version that applied poison/venom was degradable, like the Abyssal Tentacle.

As for the Avernic Defender... no. It's not a weapon. It makes no sense for it to have a "toxic" version.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

11-Feb-2019 20:50:55

DaddyAlex
Jan Member 2019

DaddyAlex

Posts: 496Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Jeremy Cheng said:
Scythe of vitur would go from very niche to just niche and toxic defender and ghrazi rapier would be great for pvp. Thoughts?
Funny, I was thinking this is exactly why I wouldn't support this.

Those items should be niche. If the Scythe of Vitur could apply poison or venom, it'd be far too overpowered. It's already BiS for plenty of content, and buffing it any wouldn't make it any less niche of an item; it would just make it more powerful for content where it's already used.

The Ghrazi Rapier is easily one of the best weapons in the game, and doesn't need to be any better than it already is. We can't poison every weapon, and that's by design. I'd make an exception to this if its base version was nerfed and the version that applied poison/venom was degradable, like the Abyssal Tentacle.

As for the Avernic Defender... no. It's not a weapon. It makes no sense for it to have a "toxic" version.


You realize that integrity fixes don't need our support, right?

11-Feb-2019 23:05:33

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DaddyAlex said:
We also need a Toxic TBow.
No, we don't. Jagex already struggles to create PvM content with this weapon in mind. It's so unbelievably powerful they have to consciously design content so that it doesn't become BiS for everything.

You want to make it even more overpowered? No.

DaddyAlex said:
These can all be drops from some new PvM monster inside the wilderness room become balanced with the risk.
Ugh. Quit with the Wilderness lures.

DaddyAlex said:
You realize that integrity fixes don't need our support, right?
Good for you? This isn't an integrity fix.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

11-Feb-2019 23:51:23 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2019 23:52:49 by FisherGaming

Verekial
Nov Member 2017

Verekial

Posts: 290Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DaddyAlex said:
FisherGaming said:
Jeremy Cheng said:
Scythe of vitur would go from very niche to just niche and toxic defender and ghrazi rapier would be great for pvp. Thoughts?
Funny, I was thinking this is exactly why I wouldn't support this.

Those items should be niche. If the Scythe of Vitur could apply poison or venom, it'd be far too overpowered. It's already BiS for plenty of content, and buffing it any wouldn't make it any less niche of an item; it would just make it more powerful for content where it's already used.

The Ghrazi Rapier is easily one of the best weapons in the game, and doesn't need to be any better than it already is. We can't poison every weapon, and that's by design. I'd make an exception to this if its base version was nerfed and the version that applied poison/venom was degradable, like the Abyssal Tentacle.

As for the Avernic Defender... no. It's not a weapon. It makes no sense for it to have a "toxic" version.


You realize that integrity fixes don't need our support, right?


lmao how would this be an integrity fix

its a legitimately good thing for the game when there is no singular all purpose BiS weapon, even for pking

it would be anti-integrity to remove the viability of everything else.

In some games there should be a singular best mechanic or character or whatever but RS is not one of them

11-Feb-2019 23:58:36

The contents of this message have been hidden

13-Feb-2019 01:37:39

Str8cashjigg

Str8cashjigg

Posts: 742Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
DaddyAlex said:
We also need a Toxic TBow.
No, we don't. Jagex already struggles to create PvM content with this weapon in mind. It's so unbelievably powerful they have to consciously design content so that it doesn't become BiS for everything.

You want to make it even more overpowered? No.

DaddyAlex said:
These can all be drops from some new PvM monster inside the wilderness room become balanced with the risk.
Ugh. Quit with the Wilderness lures.

DaddyAlex said:
You realize that integrity fixes don't need our support, right?
Good for you? This isn't an integrity fix.


It's underpowered for how expensive it is.

Then stop with the non-wilderness lures.

Yes, it is.
The ditch is gonna get endless repolls while sand buckets can pass the first poll and never be implemented. After the ditch passes the 7th poll attempt, it'll be implemented an hour before the poll closes because it's actually important. Deal with it.

14-Feb-2019 02:57:50

Quick find code: 322-323-54-66082784Back to Top