Forums

Aerial Fishing

Quick find code: 322-323-630-66088100

of 2
Kegs
Mar Member 2009

Kegs

Posts: 788Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Instead of possibly getting a pearl from catching a fish, can we remove that possibility and add the chance of getting a pearl from gutting a fish, like the fish had found it on the bottom of the lake and thought it was a food source and swallowed it, then we catch the fish, gut the fish, and possibly find a pearl? Would make the place less of dead-content feeling.

EDIT: I'm not suggesting a pearl from each fish.

07-Mar-2019 06:07:52 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2019 06:11:28 by Kegs

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kegs said:
Would make the place less of dead-content feeling.
No, better rewards would make it feel less like dead content.

"Dead content" means the content is not popular and has low participation. It has nothing to do with immersion.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

07-Mar-2019 06:10:05

Kegs
Mar Member 2009

Kegs

Posts: 788Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Kegs said:
Would make the place less of dead-content feeling.
No, better rewards would make it feel less like dead content.

"Dead content" means the content is not popular and has low participation. It has nothing to do with immersion.

I'm suggesting a better and new way of getting the pearls so people will go there for the items in the shop.

07-Mar-2019 06:18:35

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kegs said:
I'm suggesting a better and new way of getting the pearls so people will go there for the items in the shop.
It's neither better nor new.

It's more effort, so people will probably avoid it unless it's faster pearls.
It's also not new, because Barbarian Fishing has allowed you to gut the fish for years.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

07-Mar-2019 06:22:15

Kegs
Mar Member 2009

Kegs

Posts: 788Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Kegs said:
I'm suggesting a better and new way of getting the pearls so people will go there for the items in the shop.
It's neither better nor new.

It's more effort, so people will probably avoid it unless it's faster pearls.
It's also not new, because Barbarian Fishing has allowed you to gut the fish for years.

Can you read properly?
I said it'd be a new way of getting pearls, also it'd be a faster way too.

07-Mar-2019 06:27:07

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kegs said:
Can you read properly?
I said it'd be a new way of getting pearls
I meant that gutting fish isn't new.

Also, you're not adding a new way to get pearls, you're changing the way they're obtained.

Kegs said:
also it'd be a faster way too.
That was never specified anywhere in your posts, so how would I know that?
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

07-Mar-2019 06:37:37

Kegs
Mar Member 2009

Kegs

Posts: 788Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Kegs said:
Can you read properly?
I said it'd be a new way of getting pearls
I meant that gutting fish isn't new.

Also, you're not adding a new way to get pearls, you're changing the way they're obtained.

Kegs said:
also it'd be a faster way too.
That was never specified anywhere in your posts, so how would I know that?

Common sense.

07-Mar-2019 06:40:27

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kegs said:
Common sense.
How is common sense supposed to tell me that this:Kegs said:
Instead of possibly getting a pearl from catching a fish, can we remove that possibility and add the chance of getting a pearl from gutting a fish
... means that it will be faster?

To me, someone with common sense, that looks like you saying you want to change the method of obtaining pearls from just randomly catching them to having to carve them out of fish. Nothing about that suggests faster pearls.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

07-Mar-2019 06:47:06

Kegs
Mar Member 2009

Kegs

Posts: 788Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Kegs said:
Common sense.
How is common sense supposed to tell me that this:Kegs said:
Instead of possibly getting a pearl from catching a fish, can we remove that possibility and add the chance of getting a pearl from gutting a fish
... means that it will be faster?

To me, someone with common sense, that looks like you saying you want to change the method of obtaining pearls from just randomly catching them to having to carve them out of fish. Nothing about that suggests faster pearls.

Looks like you spend too much time on the forums and not enough in the game, of course it's common sense that it'd make obtaining pearls faster by gutting the fish and finding pearls inside of them, which would bring people to the area to fish for the Angler outfit that's sold inside the shop, instead of the long boring grind at Fishing Trawler. Anything else you want to try and troll about?

07-Mar-2019 06:51:52

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kegs said:
of course it's common sense that it'd make obtaining pearls faster by gutting the fish and finding pearls inside of them
It's common sense that someone suggesting to change the method of obtaining pearls means they want it to be faster despite not a single word in their original post suggesting it would be faster?

Here's some things that suggest to me you don't want it to be faster; just different:Kegs said:
can we remove that possibility and add the chance of getting a pearl from gutting a fish
Kegs said:
I'm not suggesting a pearl from each fish.


Kegs said:
it'd make obtaining pearls faster by gutting the fish and finding pearls inside of them
How would tripling the amounts of clicks to get a pearl make getting pearls faster?

Now:
Left click. Maybe get pearl.

Your method:
Left click.
Left click knife.
Left click fish. Maybe get a pearl.

Kegs said:
which would bring people to the area to fish for the Angler outfit that's sold inside the shop, instead of the long boring grind at Fishing Trawler
I'm not opposed to that, but making it more work for the same reward would drive people away, not bring people in.

Kegs said:
Anything else you want to try and troll about?
I'm not trolling. You just didn't convey the intentions of this suggestion very well.

Getting rid of the old method? No support.
Adding a new method that is faster than the old method, but takes more effort? Support.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

07-Mar-2019 07:08:52 - Last edited on 07-Mar-2019 07:09:04 by FisherGaming

Quick find code: 322-323-630-66088100Back to Top