Forums

How is this not a thing?

Quick find code: 322-323-683-66085411

of 3
Clovvn
Jul Member 2018

Clovvn

Posts: 63Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tell me why you can't access someones bank/trade/grand exchange without entering the bank pin but you can drop items off the account without entering the bank pin. Make it so you are required to enter the bank pin before dropping any item. This would almost totally deter anyone from hacking an account because of the wait on removing the bank pin. If the account being targeted is an active account, no items could be removed from the account.

23-Feb-2019 23:19:35

rishinger l

rishinger l

Posts: 1,725Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a pain in the arse~

No support. lol

Imagine logging in to do some power mining or fishing and having to enter your bank pin ever single time just to drop some fish or some iron ore.

23-Feb-2019 23:24:10

Clovvn
Jul Member 2018

Clovvn

Posts: 63Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, it should be required to enter the bank pin before alchemising any item as well in case the person being targeted happens to have the ability to cast an alchemy spell.

23-Feb-2019 23:30:46

Clovvn
Jul Member 2018

Clovvn

Posts: 63Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, it should be required to enter the bank pin before alchemising any item as well in case the person being targeted happens to have the ability to cast an alchemy spell.

23-Feb-2019 23:30:47

Verekial
Nov Member 2017

Verekial

Posts: 292Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
rishinger l said:
That would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a pain in the arse~

No support. lol

Imagine logging in to do some power mining or fishing and having to enter your bank pin ever single time just to drop some fish or some iron ore.
pretty sure he means that it would be just like the current bank pin and only be done once per login

i also imagine that doing it for dropping items would mean you dont have to do it for the first bank use on that play session

23-Feb-2019 23:33:33

rishinger l

rishinger l

Posts: 1,725Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Verekial said:
rishinger l said:
That would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a pain in the arse~

No support. lol

Imagine logging in to do some power mining or fishing and having to enter your bank pin ever single time just to drop some fish or some iron ore.
pretty sure he means that it would be just like the current bank pin and only be done once per login

i also imagine that doing it for dropping items would mean you dont have to do it for the first bank use on that play session


If all your doing is power leveling for a session then you sometimes never even need to put in a bank pin.

Or if your having one of those days where your afk for hal the time, imaging logging in like 6 times and needing to re-enter the pin each time just to drop like...salmon or iron ore.

23-Feb-2019 23:35:11

Clovvn
Jul Member 2018

Clovvn

Posts: 63Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the overall security of every single runescape account, there's no way you can be against this. You're saying no to this idea because it can be an inconvenience? Perhaps make it an option, toggle it. Can you be on board with that at least?

23-Feb-2019 23:47:59

rishinger l

rishinger l

Posts: 1,725Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Clovvn said:
For the overall security of every single runescape account, there's no way you can be against this. You're saying no to this idea because it can be an inconvenience? Perhaps make it an option, toggle it. Can you be on board with that at least?


Toggle? Yeah sure thats fine.

It's just having it forced on would be a pain for a lot of skilling activites.

24-Feb-2019 00:27:30

J A Y D O S

J A Y D O S

Posts: 27Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
rishinger l said:
That would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a pain in the arse~

No support. lol

Imagine logging in to do some power mining or fishing and having to enter your bank pin ever single time just to drop some fish or some iron ore.
Maybe make it ask for a pin to drop anything over 1m g.e price or any specific untradeables such as torso, firecape, void, defenders etc.

24-Feb-2019 02:12:50

Quick find code: 322-323-683-66085411Back to Top