Forums

How to stop green dragon bots

Quick find code: 322-323-889-66097270

of 2
Notcool97
Dec Member 2016

Notcool97

Posts: 1,131Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UltraWhale said:
Notcool97 said:
A very simple way of stopping green dragon bots that wouldn't just be siphoning off some of their profits to PKers, would be to lock green dragons behind a 90 rc requirement, or dragonslayer 2.


Better to give it to pkers who are less likely to RWT.... And making it more of a hotspot will make it so less people will bot there in the first place.
Nope. The resources bots bring into the game are damaging to the economy, so they should be deleted by catching and banning the bots. Simply redistributing illegitimate resources from one group of players to the other does nothing to prevent botting from ruining the economy. This idea is nothing to do with preventing bots and everything to do with making money off of the existence of them. May as well be honest.

26-Apr-2019 14:54:49

UltraWhale
Mar Member 2019

UltraWhale

Posts: 1,105Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Notcool97 said:
UltraWhale said:
Notcool97 said:
A very simple way of stopping green dragon bots that wouldn't just be siphoning off some of their profits to PKers, would be to lock green dragons behind a 90 rc requirement, or dragonslayer 2.


Better to give it to pkers who are less likely to RWT.... And making it more of a hotspot will make it so less people will bot there in the first place.
Nope. The resources bots bring into the game are damaging to the economy, so they should be deleted by catching and banning the bots. Simply redistributing illegitimate resources from one group of players to the other does nothing to prevent botting from ruining the economy. This idea is nothing to do with preventing bots and everything to do with making money off of the existence of them. May as well be honest.


And making it more of a hotspot will make it so less people will bot there in the first place.

More people killing bots= less money come into game from bots, because bots die more often and get less kills per hour.

26-Apr-2019 17:35:05 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2019 17:47:01 by UltraWhale

UltraWhale
Mar Member 2019

UltraWhale

Posts: 1,105Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And banning bots is really inefficient against green dragon bots since its really fast to make a new one. And it takes weeks or months before a green dragon bot is banned, how do i know this? When i tele to bh targets a recognise some names who i know is bots, i can get these same accounts as targets for several weeks, sometimes even months apart, meaning they dont get banned fast at all. And getting stats to start farming green dragons takes maybe 1 day for a bot.

26-Apr-2019 17:43:25 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2019 17:57:16 by UltraWhale

Nikolas10181
Jun Member 2019

Nikolas10181

Posts: 4,799Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hate to break it to you but a lot of those aren't actually bots they're Venezuelans RWTing. The power went off in Venezuela not long ago and the moment that happened dragon bones shot through the roof. Bring memes to OSRS general forum

29-Apr-2019 06:53:43

UltraWhale
Mar Member 2019

UltraWhale

Posts: 1,105Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nikolas10181 said:
Hate to break it to you but a lot of those aren't actually bots they're Venezuelans RWTing. The power went off in Venezuela not long ago and the moment that happened dragon bones shot through the roof.


The ones in black dhide are usually venezuelans, the ones in full rune/granite are usually bots. Almost only bots at east dragons, and almost only venezuelans at west dragons. I would guess that around 90% of dragon killers are bots or venezuelans, which means that there is a lot of RWTing going on there. The other 10% consists noobs, ironmen and people doing wildy slayer. You think I dont know my dragon killers?

29-Apr-2019 19:17:12 - Last edited on 29-Apr-2019 19:30:25 by UltraWhale

One Dub
Nov Member 2018

One Dub

Posts: 465Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
+1
Support. Good idea.

I'd say killing green dragon bots can be worth it; you make ~500k an hour and there are people pking.

Draco Burnz said:
How to stop green drag bots?

Report them and move on.

Reporting them doesn't do anything and even if they get banned, they will just make new characters. Draco, I don't know why you bother making posts like this. Ever since EOC suggestion times you make these useless posts that are quite counter-productive and utterly false.

29-May-2019 08:35:14

UltraWhale
Mar Member 2019

UltraWhale

Posts: 1,105Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One Dub said:
+1
Support. Good idea.

I'd say killing green dragon bots can be worth it; you make ~500k an hour and there are people pking.

Draco Burnz said:
How to stop green drag bots?

Report them and move on.

Reporting them doesn't do anything and even if they get banned, they will just make new characters. Draco, I don't know why you bother making posts like this. Ever since EOC suggestion times you make these useless posts that are quite counter-productive and utterly false.


Thank you for support :)

29-May-2019 21:12:59

Quick find code: 322-323-889-66097270Back to Top