Forums

Safe PVP world

Quick find code: 322-323-975-66084466

of 2
Dr Bush Kush
Feb Member 2019

Dr Bush Kush

Posts: 1Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to have a safe pvp world.
This would serve as a good introduction to pvp for players wich has not already tried out pvp.
I think a lot of players really get a bad feeling when trying out pvp for their first time. Alot of times only getting fights with players that are really good in pvp, and often having really good builds for it, such as pures with crazy damage. I think this really discourages new players to wander into the wilderness or even try out pvp, because it is too risky.

Safe pvp worlds would be just as regular pvp world but with no items dropped to the other player (Wilderness excluded). When you die in a safe pvp world, your items will be dropped just as if you were killed by a npc, so you can go back and pick them up.
As an alternative to going back and picking it up, you should also be able to pay a fee of 10% of the items value to have sent to your bank or inventory, as to prevent players to repeatedly kill you while trying to pick up your items.

The safe pvp world would also be a great place for skilling as no player close to your level can steal your spot without consequences, as you could decide to try to kill the other player and keep your spot to yourself.

I think this would give players a better introduction to pvp and could make some new players to take the step into wilderness with a fair chance at it, not instantly regretting it and never coming back.

19-Feb-2019 22:20:12

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know personal anecdotes don't really prove anything, but I don't know a single PvPer who would want to do PvP if they couldn't take the loot off their opponent after beating them. If there is no incentive to do PvP, most people won't do it.

Also, this notion that anyone would go to a PvP world to fight each other over spots is kind of silly. That just doesn't happen. A miner isn't going to bring full combat get to kill someone taking their Runite Ore nodes.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

19-Feb-2019 23:27:36

Nikolas10181
Apr Member 2019

Nikolas10181

Posts: 4,698Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know if I would call this a good introduction to PvP, but it does encourage the idea of killing somebody who is in your spot. For skilling this would happen more rarely because there isn't a lot of areas where the competition is that brutal in members (maybe chins). PvM on the other hand is another story you better believe when some guy comes along with a twisted bow and crashes you at sara you and your friend will jump that guy and stop him from crashing because this scenario is a daily occurrence at zilyanna. I wouldn't say this is teaching pking though because if you tried to take doing this and applying it at say bounty hunter you would get destroyed.

The idea is good and works in other mmos I'm actually a fan of PvP worlds and plan to play on one in WoW Classic when it comes out, but in OSRS it's going to need to be a lot more than just a world option to go anywhere.

19-Feb-2019 23:50:01

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nikolas10181 said:
The idea is good and works in other mmos I'm actually a fan of PvP worlds and plan to play on one in WoW Classic when it comes out, but in OSRS it's going to need to be a lot more than just a world option to go anywhere.
The difference in those games is you get something for PvPing even though you don't lose all your stuff when you die. You get honor ranks in Classic, which unlocks the best PvP gear in the game (depending on your spec, anyway -- some classes/specs' BiS came entirely from raids).

You don't get anything in OSRS for PvPing except the loot dropped by your opponent. If they drop no loot, there's no reason to kill them.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

20-Feb-2019 01:58:19

XIRang3mag3I
May Member 2017

XIRang3mag3I

Posts: 558Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the idea of introducing more people to PvP and to not be scared of the wilderness in general...but don't tournament worlds kinda help people learn the mechanics of PvP? Like you could practice triple eating/tanking/1 ticking specs.

20-Feb-2019 04:02:08

FisherGaming

FisherGaming

Posts: 5,103Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XIRang3mag3I said:
I like the idea of introducing more people to PvP and to not be scared of the wilderness in general...but don't tournament worlds kinda help people learn the mechanics of PvP? Like you could practice triple eating/tanking/1 ticking specs.
Those get pretty boring really quickly.

For one, you're not really earning anything, so you don't get much satisfaction. It's also temporary, so you have to set up every time you log out and back in, which makes it really frustrating to use for any length of time.

You also still lose everything when you die; you just have infinite supplies of everything you'd ever want, is all.
I'll keep score from now on.
A: 3 | M: -1 | Tr: 0 | Tu: -2 |

20-Feb-2019 04:06:02

Nikolas10181
Apr Member 2019

Nikolas10181

Posts: 4,698Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FisherGaming said:
Nikolas10181 said:
The idea is good and works in other mmos I'm actually a fan of PvP worlds and plan to play on one in WoW Classic when it comes out, but in OSRS it's going to need to be a lot more than just a world option to go anywhere.
The difference in those games is you get something for PvPing even though you don't lose all your stuff when you die. You get honor ranks in Classic, which unlocks the best PvP gear in the game (depending on your spec, anyway -- some classes/specs' BiS came entirely from raids).

You don't get anything in OSRS for PvPing except the loot dropped by your opponent. If they drop no loot, there's no reason to kill them.


Not entirely it gets replaced by raid gear later on and most people didn't even get close to the end ranks, but yeah for the most part the incentive is just better because it's more woven into the story. There is plenty of reasons to kill others in OSRS the gear is just one thing, but in a world like this it would be to eliminate your competition. We compete over everything in this game resources, monsters, gear, you name it so getting rid of the competition is a very attractive option. Unfortunately things in OSRS aren't far away so if you did get rid of your competition they will be back and have banked with supplies in a matter of minutes which defeats the purpose.

It's a good idea in theory, but in OSRS there would be need to be some massive changes to make a legitimate pvp world like this work and I'm not convinced that it would be successful because the foundation for it just isn't there.

20-Feb-2019 05:02:34

Lucd Clarity
Dec Member 2018

Lucd Clarity

Posts: 1,698Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm actually going to do a thread on having every PvP foe drop blood money depending on their combat Lv, which would be used at a special shop to buy gear related to the new PvP skill "extermination"
This is relevant, because, as others have said, there's no reason to PK if your foe drops nothing, as loot is the only incentive.
Vote YES to Warding!
Always type in dark orchid or Zaros will devour your soul!
NSFW: No Support For Wilderness lures
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty does not dare venture
No support for obvious troll suggestions

20-Feb-2019 19:45:01

Notcool97
Dec Member 2016

Notcool97

Posts: 981Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lucd Clarity said:
I'm actually going to do a thread on having every PvP foe drop blood money depending on their combat Lv, which would be used at a special shop to buy gear related to the new PvP skill "extermination"
This is relevant, because, as others have said, there's no reason to PK if your foe drops nothing, as loot is the only incentive.
The most efficient way to gather such a currency would be to repeatedly kill your alt accounts, so it would likely be abused. And I don't see why a pvp skill is necessary: it locks the max cape behind an activity that 99% of people who get max capes wouldn't want to participate in, while PKers gain nothing extra from having the skill.

20-Feb-2019 20:16:18

Quick find code: 322-323-975-66084466Back to Top