Forums

Repeat Outfit ReleasesThread is locked

Quick find code: 366-367-154-66011642

of 21
Zyphix
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Zyphix

Posts: 3,595Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some outfits/over-rides return periodically for obtaining. Some do not.
This thread attempts to track those actions for review.

COSMETICS/ITEMS THAT HAVE REPEATED DUE TO COMMUNITY SUPPORT

Sword Of Edicts (Periodically)
Sword Of Riddallin (Oddments Store)
Star Fury (Oddments Store)
Lunar Fury (Oddments Store)
Gilly (Periodically)
Shadow Series (SGS - Returns Irregularly - May be annual flash sale)
Energized Arm Cannon (Oddments Store)
Defender of the Mind (Mental Health Awareness Week)
Defender of the Mind Cape (Mental Health Awareness Week)
Warden of the Mind (Mental Health Awareness Week)
Warden of the Mind Cape (Mental Health Awareness Week)
Fallen Nihil (Oddments Store)

WAITING

Dryad Wings
Runic Essence Wings
Sun Fury
Furies Agent

If there's one you want to see re-appear, voice your support by posting the name of it here!
If there's any missing, please let me know.
AND YES! I do own many of these and have NOTHING against others obtaining them.

-----------
Personally, I missed part of Furies Agent outfit, because I had family deaths and wasn't able to be on RS at the time. I'd like that one still.
Clan:
l||l°~
Void Nation
~°l||l
|
15+ Veteran
|
Balance is Eternal


JAGeX Verified Clan Site:
voidnation.boards.n3t

12-May-2018 16:42:04 - Last edited on 30-May-2018 01:55:55 by Zyphix

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,601Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support for original re-releases, they're meant to be discontinued. An actual victory would be if Jagex made new/alternate versions of the original cosmetics; that way, both new and old players would get something new! > ) The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

12-May-2018 16:47:09

Zyphix
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Zyphix

Posts: 3,595Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
No support for original re-releases, they're meant to be discontinued. An actual victory would be if Jagex made new/alternate versions of the original cosmetics; that way, both new and old players would get something new! > )

Actually, no, they aren't. And it's not true, simply because you or anyone else says so.
Duplicates of existing objects is a waste of space for many reasons also.
Clan:
l||l°~
Void Nation
~°l||l
|
15+ Veteran
|
Balance is Eternal


JAGeX Verified Clan Site:
voidnation.boards.n3t

12-May-2018 17:23:50 - Last edited on 12-May-2018 17:24:25 by Zyphix

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,601Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zyphix said:
Actually, no, they aren't. And it's not true, simply because you or anyone else says so.

Yes, they are. The old news posts are still archived by Jagex, you can go and dig it yourself to see, if you weren't here back then. Of course you have nothing to lose, so you don't care, but remember that encouraging a company to use anti-consumer practices, will come back to bite you too, eventually. Thus, a company should be held responsible for its decisions. > )

Zyphix said:
Duplicates of existing objects is a waste of space for many reasons also.

You say "many reasons", but can't be bothered to even name one, eh?

If quality is prioritized over quantity, then no, it would not be wasteful.
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

12-May-2018 17:39:59

Zyphix
Sep Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Zyphix

Posts: 3,595Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blackwing said:
Zyphix said:
Actually, no, they aren't. And it's not true, simply because you or anyone else says so.

Yes, they are. The old news posts are still archived by Jagex, you can go and dig it yourself to see, if you weren't here back then. Of course you have nothing to lose, so you don't care, but remember that encouraging a company to use anti-consumer practices, will come back to bite you too, eventually. Thus, a company should be held responsible for its decisions. > )

Zyphix said:
Duplicates of existing objects is a waste of space for many reasons also.

You say "many reasons", but can't be bothered to even name one, eh?

If quality is prioritized over quantity, then no, it would not be wasteful.

It's not anti-consumer, that's pro consumer, doing what I, and others, want. We're consumers. If they're not releasing/re-releasing existing content, then that's not producing anything to consume.

I don't need to list any reasons, or I don't think so. It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Clan:
l||l°~
Void Nation
~°l||l
|
15+ Veteran
|
Balance is Eternal


JAGeX Verified Clan Site:
voidnation.boards.n3t

12-May-2018 17:58:04

Blackwing
Nov Member 2012

Blackwing

Posts: 38,601Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zyphix said:
It's not anti-consumer, that's pro consumer, doing what I, and others, want. We're consumers. If they're not releasing/re-releasing existing content, then that's not producing anything to consume.

If you ask for rereleases of discontinued items, you're approving of Jagex deceiving its customers (because they'd then be lying about the discontinuity, which some people care about), which is anti-consumer. I hope that I don't have to explain why deceiving customers for their money is harmful towards those customers.

The word you're looking for is "popularity". You think that more people would like this than not, but you can't know for certain. However, Jagex deceiving its customers with the release of shadow series is a fact.

Lastly, the best thing to do to be pro-consumer, would be to make entirely new items, as well as new/alternate versions of the old items, so that all players would always get something new, rather than only some of them! > )

Zyphix said:
I don't need to list any reasons, or I don't think so. It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Like said, if quality is chosen over quantity, there'd be no issues. Unless you actually have other reasons that you'd care to name?
The Runescape Witcher
|| "Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?"

12-May-2018 18:23:51

Whatusaytome

Whatusaytome

Posts: 5,383Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not this guys bullshit again... Give it a break Blackwing, no quality gets lost in rereleasing ANYTHING he suggested. You lose nothing by letting people who couldn't be there the first time have more chances to get them. It is not part of the items to only be a once-in-a-lifetime prize, and do bring us the Jmod quotes that prove otherwise, if you can.

Full support, and I suggest adding nontradable holiday event items as well, unless the list is strictly TH.
Your opinions here can affect us all. Please post for the better

A Billionaire's Club/Partyhats!
Update the rules, Trade Lock Scammers

13-May-2018 08:48:27

The contents of this message have been hidden

13-May-2018 22:19:39

Quick find code: 366-367-154-66011642Back to Top