Forums

Remove TH

Quick find code: 366-367-6-65940719

of 89
Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,676Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LOL. Why do all these people still play this game and use this forums if they think this game is "dying"? Or wait... they said the said "dying" thing 10 years ago. ;)

And you know why this game is actually not "dying"? That's simple. It is because they continue to make money from these "dying" players. :D

04-Feb-2018 17:13:16 - Last edited on 04-Feb-2018 17:14:19 by Dilbert2001

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 61,960Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
LOL. Why do all these people still play this game and use this forums if they think this game is "dying"? Or wait... they said the said "dying" thing 10 years ago. ;)

And you know why this game is actually not "dying"? That's simple. It is because they continue to make money from these "dying" players. :D


Agreed.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support and

05-Feb-2018 01:14:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,676Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Miu said:
Actually a lot of players have boycotted premier club this year and have not renewed their membership when their last premier club expired.


Still doesnt prove how its bad PR?


I guess to these "a lot of players" the "P" in PR means private to themselves. But it is obvious this kind of "bad PR" TH or lockbox equivalence is hardly "bad" to the PUBLIC sector or else they won't sell.

05-Feb-2018 06:21:44

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,454Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
I guess to these "a lot of players" the "P" in PR means private to themselves. But it is obvious this kind of "bad PR" TH or lockbox equivalence is hardly "bad" to the PUBLIC sector or else they won't sell.


PR, referring to the public, as in the people at large, not just runescape players. It's already known most of the RS community will lap up whatever Jagex gives them. New players? Not so much.

You've been unable to refute anything, just arguing semantics when you don't have data. Funny how you claim to be against blind speculation, when you've now gone even below that and are just trying to weasel your way around the information that proves, that, yes, lootboxes are bad PR.

Miu said:
Miu said:
https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/theres-no-such-thing-as-a-good-loot-box-or-microtransaction-w508742

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/loot-boxes-have-reached-a-new-low-with-forza-7s-pay-to-earn-option/

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/257387-gamers-hate-buying-loot-boxes-games-using


You also have to realize that membership profits exceed TH profits.

public sentiment is at an all time low for lootboxes.



Fun fact: The week of Nov 12, 2017, was the lowest average population week of RS3 in history. The Friday of the very same week, was the release of Battlefront 2, the game that sparked lootbox controversy worldwide and has spurred on lawmakers to try to take on these lootboxes.

MTX content like that has a measurable effect on the playerbase, as data has proven.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

06-Feb-2018 18:08:48

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,676Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
I guess to these "a lot of players" the "P" in PR means private to themselves. But it is obvious this kind of "bad PR" TH or lockbox equivalence is hardly "bad" to the PUBLIC sector or else they won't sell.


PR, referring to the public, as in the people at large, not just runescape players. It's already known most of the RS community will lap up whatever Jagex gives them. New players? Not so much.

You've been unable to refute anything, just arguing semantics when you don't have data. Funny how you claim to be against blind speculation, when you've now gone even below that and are just trying to weasel your way around the information that proves, that, yes, lootboxes are bad PR.

Miu said:
Miu said:
https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/theres-no-such-thing-as-a-good-loot-box-or-microtransaction-w508742

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/loot-boxes-have-reached-a-new-low-with-forza-7s-pay-to-earn-option/

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/257387-gamers-hate-buying-loot-boxes-games-using


You also have to realize that membership profits exceed TH profits.

public sentiment is at an all time low for lootboxes.



Fun fact: The week of Nov 12, 2017, was the lowest average population week of RS3 in history. The Friday of the very same week, was the release of Battlefront 2, the game that sparked lootbox controversy worldwide and has spurred on lawmakers to try to take on these lootboxes.

MTX content like that has a measurable effect on the playerbase, as data has proven.


I didn't speculate and I never even mentioned anything about "blind speculation", let alone endorse or oppose it. Somebody mentioned it, perhaps it was you? It won't matter to me who anyway.

I only used real data. There is no sign of "bad PR". :)

07-Feb-2018 01:17:12

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,454Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
I didn't speculate and I never even mentioned anything about "blind speculation", let alone endorse or oppose it. Somebody mentioned it, perhaps it was you? It won't matter to me who anyway.

I only used real data. There is no sign of "bad PR".


Only used real data? You haven't used any data at all. Meanwhile I've provided several sources of bad PR at large in response to lootboxes.

Dilbert2001 said:
So you realize it is useless to make "blind speculation and unsupported claims", right?
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

07-Feb-2018 01:23:48

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 7,676Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
I didn't speculate and I never even mentioned anything about "blind speculation", let alone endorse or oppose it. Somebody mentioned it, perhaps it was you? It won't matter to me who anyway.

I only used real data. There is no sign of "bad PR".


Only used real data? You haven't used any data at all. Meanwhile I've provided several sources of bad PR at large in response to lootboxes.

Dilbert2001 said:
So you realize it is useless to make "blind speculation and unsupported claims", right?


Of course I can't use any REAL DATA because there is no such thing on the invisible "bad PR". Can somebody show me where it is please. :D

07-Feb-2018 01:26:16 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2018 01:29:08 by Dilbert2001

Miu

Miu

Posts: 15,454Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Miu said:
Dilbert2001 said:
I didn't speculate and I never even mentioned anything about "blind speculation", let alone endorse or oppose it. Somebody mentioned it, perhaps it was you? It won't matter to me who anyway.

I only used real data. There is no sign of "bad PR".


Only used real data? You haven't used any data at all. Meanwhile I've provided several sources of bad PR at large in response to lootboxes.

Dilbert2001 said:
So you realize it is useless to make "blind speculation and unsupported claims", right?


Of course I can't use any REAL DATA because there is no such thing on the invisible "bad PR". Can somebody show me where it is please. :D


So you didn't use data. Thanks for making that clear. You may as well be arguing that "PR" doesn't even exist.

We should remove TH just in case that nasty bad PR thing is real though ;)
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

07-Feb-2018 01:35:47

Quick find code: 366-367-6-65940719Back to Top